British Speedway Forum

The lineup shows to me that the promotion have lost their way slightly.

Do you know what would have packed them in? Rather than have a this lineup which hardly gets the blood pumping, they should have gone for a pairs event, featuring elite league teams and a couple of premier sides.

Poole V Eastbourne, Cov V Ipswich. Two from each club. They don't have to be top liners, just two from each club. Make sure the southern teams are covered to make the box office phones ring off the wall. I know for sure that if Poole were in a pairs event, many more would be making the trip along the south coast. IOW fans also would come along to support two of their riders giving it a go against the big boys.

Reading/Eastbourne/Poole/IOW/Cov/Reading/Swindon/Arena/

16 riders plus the usual couple of Yanks to make it up. Great stuff.

Far better than the current lineup. Yes, a lot of riders are unavialable, being either abroad or not willing to give it a go. But if you don't ask/push etc, you ain gonna get.

Been to every BB since the first two, but the lineup this year looks a bit weak. No star names at all.

In the past we have had Loram, Nicholls, PK, Boyce, Hancock, Tatum, Ermolenko, Screen, Norris, Dugard.

But this year there are no top liners at all. A definate Premier/conference feel to the lineup. Cost cutting? Riders refusing to ride? Sorry but I ams seriously considering staying away, which is a shame. I don't see the lineup as appealling as usual.

Does the line up have to have elite riders to make it enjoyable.

Its not as if the circuit is set up for an elite field. Everyone is on a level playing field (or speedway track) for this event.

I think its more about personalities than big stars attending.

I just dont understand why you feel the need only to support elite league riders.

Says a lot for your mentality about supporting only the 'best' rather than all areas of speedway. :(

The lineup shows to me that the promotion have lost their way slightly.

Do you know what would have packed them in? Rather than have a this lineup which hardly gets the blood pumping, they should have gone for a pairs event, featuring elite league teams and a couple of premier sides.

Poole V Eastbourne, Cov V Ipswich. Two from each club. They don't have to be top liners, just two from each club. Make sure the southern teams are covered to make the box office phones ring off the wall. I know for sure that if Poole were in a pairs event, many more would be making the trip along the south coast. IOW fans also would come along to support two of their riders giving it a go against the big boys.

Reading/Eastbourne/Poole/IOW/Cov/Reading/Swindon/Arena/

16 riders plus the usual couple of Yanks to make it up. Great stuff.

Far better than the current lineup. Yes, a lot of riders are unavialable, being either abroad or not willing to give it a go. But if you don't ask/push etc, you ain gonna get.

Come off it Steve, its a social event as much as anything. The racing for me, plays second fiddle. Some riders dont like the BB, fair play, its not the extra GP we are after at Brighton. I am not that keen on the racing but its not a traditional speedway meeting is it? Its a good day out, with a bit of racing thrown in, time to meet new people from the speedway world and have some fun for us all, while we wait for the new season to start.

Fantastic place for speedway gossip too :lol:

Im sure, come December, I will see you down at the south coasts premier resort.

MD I do agree that speedway plays second fiddle, but really its a poor lineup.

Chances are I will probably be there when it comes to the day itself, but there must be someway to entice a better field than the one on offer. My gripe is genuine. I am not trying to stir up ill feeling or anything. But I thought it was the 10th BB and they were trying o get the best possible field this year. They have failed miserably if that was the case.

Edward Kennett

Lewis Bridger

Josh Auty

Daniel King

Chris Kerr

Semon Vlasov

Sergie Darkin

Charlie Venegas

Stuart Robson

Steve Boxall

Olly Allen

Ryan Fisher

Lubos Tomicek

We are waiting on Magnus, shortly confirming with Shawn & Bobby and will give Dan Giffard a go after his brillant performance at short notice in the evening last year.

Steve, I dont think thats a bad line up at all. I dont know, but it looks like they have gone for riders that can race on the Circus track at the Brighton Venue. With this type of racing you have to go for people that can race the track, messers Bridger, Kerr Allen (Get your red cards out now!), Tomicek, Magnus etc provide the best racing on this track and I think thats what they are trying to give the fans. Its all about entertainment, and thats what this line up will give you. After all, Mr Dugard, Schwartz and McConnell are the kings, but you wouldnt want them in the Poole line up any more!

Forget your top line speedway riders, these are the indoor speedway drawcards that will race in this event and make it fun for all to enjoy.

Well, we like the line up Steve so the best thing for you to do is stay at home on the 10th, wouldnt want you wasting your money on such a poor line up.

At least that way this thread wont be subjected to more of your slating on how poor a meeting it was - in your opinion. The rest of us can be positive hopefully. :)

I can see Steves point. Every single rider in the line up is eligable for the PL. There's normally one or two star attractions.

Tho other are right when they say the star names are not always the ebst, I remeber Scott Nicholls being pretty crap where as the likes of Kerr, Bridger, King Kennett and Darkin are all pretty spectacular, good or exciting!

tbh i don't care what the line up is, to me it's a day out with some fun speedway included.

I'm thinking of going to this for the first time.

When looking into booking some tickets they request where you would like to be seated. Never been before so not sure where would be the place to request, or if it matters?

Any advice?

The track is so small, that where ever you sit you get a good view. I'd probably say you're betetr off sitting on the 3rd/4th bend as you don't have to look straight down at the starts/1st bend where all the "action" (aka crashes) happens.

I'm thinking of going to this for the first time.

When looking into booking some tickets they request where you would like to be seated. Never been before so not sure where would be the place to request, or if it matters?

Any advice?

Full details can be found on the booking page here:

www.brightonbonanza.co.uk

Cheers.

One thing I've found is that its so much harder the last couple of years to try and find a B & B in Brighton now for the Saturday night. Most say minimum 2 night stay at weekends and others put the price up by £30 a room on Saturdays making it over £90 a room in a dingy B & B. Like last year we are staying in the Travel Inn in Newhaven again and driving the 15 minute or so into Brighton.

Full details can be found on the booking page here: 

www.brightonbonanza.co.uk

Cheers.

Not the most helpful of websites. Looked on the Brighton Centre site as well and I couldn't find the Bonanaza mentioned.

Like the earlier post I was looking at going and was wondering what the best place to sit was: East , South, South Stalls, or West. Not been before so I don't know the set up of the venue.

M.D, I am sure its the South Balcony that overlooks the start line....

M.D, I am sure its the South Balcony that overlooks the start line....

Sorry Sue, you are dead right, its the south balcony :shock: