British Speedway Forum

Can anyone please post the hotline number.

Many thanks in advance.

Just spoken to Tim and he says the meeting is going ahead. The majority of forecasts are giving light rain or showers and he says that the track will be able to cope and that the riders he has spoken to are raring to go. With the line up they have I reckon they will be giving it their all as well so should be a good meeting.

That's good news Vince, looking forward to a cracking meeting.

CMV06, the hotline number is 09066 555915.

Metcheck now give light rain all day, but most of it is very light. However Reuters which is the one we generally use only give scattered showers, see here

What's the weather like now in Newport, not by the met report but by looking out the window?

SCB, get out of bed, PJs still on and go out side and do a weather check on us :D

What's the weather like now in Newport, not by the met report but by looking out the window?

SCB, get out of bed, PJs still on and go out side and do a weather check on us :D

well got up about 15 minutes ago and it was raining quite heavy but at this moment it has stopped and is quite windy but also very grey so showers look like the forecast to folllow , if there's reasonable gaps between the showers and the wind keeps up it should be on

BTW i live about 2 miles from track

Hotline weather report for 9:00 is that the meeting is definately on, they said that there is no denying that there is going to be rain, but the track has been packed down in accordance with conditions - the track can take lots of rain.

The worst of the rain is due to come in after the meeting has finished, but it will be a showery day.

Hi

Another weather update

I was hoping the meeting would be on this afternoon, I live in Neath and the weather is usually westerly.

Therefore the weather that I've got now means that Newport will be having soon.

Its 9.20am and there are strong winds with heavy frequent showers at the moment.

I've decided to give the meeting a miss due to the travel time and distance.

Hope this helps

I live in Cardiff and what we have at the moment cannot be described as a light shower, more like persistent rain, in so much that it has not stopped for the last hour and a half.

The forcasts that I have seen on Metcheck and the BBC show persistent rain.

Hotline at 10:00 says definately on, says about the showers and how they are due to continue but are hopefully going to be light during the meeting.

Seems like this meeting is going to run whatever the conditions.

Hotline at 10.15 says that there will be an update at 11.00 when a decision will be made on this meeting.

looks like that. cant help but think the crowd is going to be badly affected by the weather.just hope it dont get so bad it has to be abandoned half way through or theres going to be a lot of unhappy people who have spent time and money travelling. i live in gloucester and its wet here

Edited by richard

Here in Cardiff the 'light shower' is now heavy rain

I have been told by someone down by the track that the staff are working on the track and that the meeting will be on!!!!!!!!!! :o:o:o:o

How much sawdust is there in Newport?