British Speedway Forum

Time for me to ask the usual question

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

Edit....texter now found, many thanks.

Edited by crazysue

Yes its a good meeting, and normally we get some decent weather also, a must see meeting!

It has long been a subject for debate.... the weather at the NYC!! Just how does Tim get cold, but crisp sunlit afternoons on such a regular basis in January for these meetings! Conditions that mean the track doesn't dry out too quickly, the rain doesn't beat down, and every one of the spectators has a drip from the end of their red nose which just catches the sunlight in a sparkly sort of way......

:D:D:D

I hope Tim has been repeating whatever prayer dance (deal with the devil) he does for this years NYC!!! :-)

By the way, I notice Lubos Tomicek is riding in the NYC as "unattached"...... any comments anyone?

By the way, I notice Lubos Tomicek is riding in the NYC as "unattached"...... any comments anyone?

The answer you're looking for is 5 ;) He has polish commitments, luckily!

i think lubos would be embarassed to ride at PL level, with his bike he is heading for the GPs

It has long been a subject for debate.... the weather at the NYC!! Just how does Tim get cold, but crisp sunlit afternoons on such a regular basis in January for these meetings! Conditions that mean the track doesn't dry out too quickly, the rain doesn't beat down, and every one of the spectators has a drip from the end of their red nose which just catches the sunlight in a sparkly sort of way......

:D  :D  :D

Ask Wizzer what the weather was like when he won the first ever speedway meeting of the 21st century and how did he celebrate!! :lol::lol:

Looking forward to this, staying with a friend in Newport for the weekend, a few beers and some speedway to break up the winter, what more could anyone ask :D

Looks like Brent's going to have his fan club there . :P

And quite a few off you will be jarred off if its rained off  :D

Not me, going to have a great weekend in any event, hope its on of course but a weekend out on the beer is a reasonable backup plan.

Not me, going to have a great weekend in any event, hope its on of course but a weekend out on the beer is a reasonable backup plan.

So you won't be touching any of that water that you were drinking at the meeting the other night? :D

So you won't be touching any of that water that you were drinking at the meeting the other night?  :D

:D only at home meetings when I have to be able to do some work ;)

There is a minibus going down from Belle Vue, if anyone is interested there is a few spare seats. Email me at rbecking@yahoo.com or send me a PM.

track is ready just a bit more packing

And if the riders complain about not being able to pass Dixie will do his best to widen the back straight for them :)