British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gemma

Studio comments

I would just like to say how appalled I am at some of the comments I heard from tonights commentators. I understand that probabaly the majority of you don't like Nicki Pedersen but the anti-Nicki comments that Sam Ermolenko, Gary Havelock and Keith Huewen made were absolutely ridiculous.

I know that Sam, as a rider is entitled to his opinion on Nicki, but surely when he's a commentator he shouldn't be so biased? Some of the comments made were jumping to conclusions in the most drastic of ways and Sam needs to learn when to have his rider's hat/helmet on and when to have his unbiased commentators hat on.

As a Nicki Pedersen supporter I find it absolutley ridiculous that I have to listen to these comments when all I want to do is watch my favourite rider in the GP.

I don't know what your both whinging at.I for one would certainly listen to someone with an opinion [ and someone thats been there done it and got the t shirt ] than someone who's just a yes man and sits on the fence all the time.Chris Louis does this a bit as does Kelvin Tatum.

I must admit, Gary Havelocks comment on Nikki P was naughty, when he said someone had fallen off because of Nikki "Up to his tricks again". Completely unfounded comment but no apology just a wee bit of egg on his face next time he meets a Pedersen fan ;):lol::D

If you can't believe riders who can you believe?

I thought Nicki had turned a corner but no.

I watched the GP on Danish Television, and obviously didn't hear the comments from Sam & Havvy - But i must say i am not surprised to hear that Havvy made a comment like, "Up to his tricks again", about Nicki.

He did ride hard tonight, and maybe not as smooth as the earlier GP's, but he's a fighter, and he want's to win. I don't think he did anything dirty in any way - Havvy obviously can't let go of the past and give Nicki a break. Some people are like that. It's a shame, but you can't change people's minds, if they don't want to be changed... I'm sorry for Havvy because he stuck in the past.. But really happy for Nicki because of yet another podium place... :D Well Done Nicki :D

Guest Mr Flappy

Commentators

Sit on the fence = Chris Louis, Greeny & Tatum

Unbiased = Arthur Mullard

Say it how IT IS = Sam & Havvy - contoversial commentary is much better than the boring crass that is normally dished up week in & week out on Sky.

If you have a brain then you can make your own mind up regarding comments made, but remember the commentators are being paid to do a job, & sometime told to spice up the commentary on boring meetings as the on track action can't always oblige.

Ask most of the riders about the top of the sport & most have the same opinion of Nicki P he is a very, very hard racer, won't give an inch & is there to win at all costs full stop.

Now this dosn't make him a bad rider/person but he puts himself into situations more than any other rider hence his reputation around the sport.

He is very talented & it is always good to watch him race, Eastbourne fans will have the rest of the season to see some super hard racing from Nicki, good luck to him.

IMO I would love to watch Nicki P every week at Poole, the opposing teams would s*£% themselves beford they even took to the blue grooved track with the prospect of NP right up their exhaust pipe!

Agree with you there Flappy. Remember also, if someone had been involved in the breaking of your back, I think your judgement may be a little biased. For the record, I am a Nicki fan.

I wouldn't worry about it Gemma.

It may build Nicky into the tv baddie but so what?

I love watching Nicki because he's exciting and makes things happen.

He probably is the hardest rider but he also takes it.

Guest BritPeter

Pedersen said it all in his interview after the match, when he was asked about the incident with Gollob, he replied, "It was racing, Scottie did the same to me at Cardiff" Absolutely correct Nicki, the problem is when Nicki does these things he is crucified for it.

Guest kshyhoo

I watched Slovenian GP on one of the Polish TV channels. One of the commentators, present speedway rider Jacek Krzyzaniak (I don't know if you remember him, he was part of Polish SWC 2001 Team, now rides for Bydgoszcz) said that Nicki is the opposite of such riders as Ryan Sullivan and Mark Loram who are also hard riders, but also think about others on track. Nicki is only a hard rider.

Nikki makes his bed and must lay in it.

Comments were spot on and for the record Havvy said "I think Nikki may have been up to his old tricks again"....

Nikki makes his bed and must lay in it

Leg Trailer how very true this is.A very sharp piece of observation if i may say so :P:shock:;)

I have to agree totally with Mr Flappy & Storming Norman, NiKKi is a hard (not dirty) rider. He rides hard & he dosen't ask for, or receive any favours. Good luck to the lad, it's very hard to shake off a "bad boy" reputation once you've got one, but in all honesty I don't think Nikki really gives a Shyte about that. He will definately be world champion one day, & I for one think he's a far better ambassador than Crumpy (btw, this isn't an anti-Crumpy remark, he is a brilliant rider as well, but he dosen't come across as being very media friendly). Anyway, I can't sit here chatting to you lot, I've got Mrs Lt & a magnum of Champagne waiting for me out on the patio. :P