British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jim Blanchard

Who Will Be World Champ In 2007?

Jason Crump for 2007, hopefully with a strong challenge from whoever can keep up with him.

I also think that Jason Crump (2006 version) is a good ambasador for speedway in general, his attitude and his abilities are the perfect advert for all things good in speedway imo. :)

Colin :)

Maybe i am the only one.But i think Crump will find it hard to start all over again in the same form.For me i think the race will be between Nicki,Hans and of course Crump.Ultimately though i don't think Crump will reach the heights of last season and will finish second,maybe even third.I will go for Nicki as i think even Hans will struggle to be  quite so good as last year.Or Hans will romp it.They are the only 3 i can see on the rostrum at the end of the season.

I disagree, which, I guess, won't surprise anyone, since I'm not the agreeing type. To be sure, Crump didn't retain his title after the first time he won it, but he finished second behind a runaway Tony Rickardsson and he won a couple of GPs along the way. Neither Nicki P, Hans Andersen, or anyone else in the field for that matter, are of the calibre of TR. For me, this coming season is a one horse race and Jason Crump is that horse.

Jason Crump for 2007, hopefully with a strong challenge from whoever can keep up with him.

I also think that Jason Crump (2006 version) is a good ambasador for speedway in general, his attitude and his abilities are the perfect advert for all things good in speedway imo. :)

Are any of the top riders adverts for what is bad in speedway?Think they all deserve praise.Ok,you might not like one or two,but they are great adverts for speedway.I must say personally i was highly impressed with Hans last season.Not just what he done in the GP's and in the leagues.But his attitude when i saw him in the 2 Danish Finals.Anytime there was an accident he was first on the track to see how the rider(s) were.And that in an individual competition

Are any of the top riders adverts for what is bad in speedway?Think they all deserve praise.Ok,you might not like one or two,but they are great adverts for speedway.I must say personally i was highly impressed with Hans last season.Not just what he done in the GP's and in the leagues.But his attitude when i saw him in the 2 Danish Finals.Anytime there was an accident he was first on the track to see how the rider(s) were.And that in an individual competition

I agree entirely, however the 'media' very rarely notice the also rans imo :)

If this is to be Leigh Adams last year in the GPs I sincerely hope luck is on his side, jeez it sure needs to be more than it ever has!!!!

I'd be happy to see a 2 way battle between Crumpy and Hans this year and I think we'll see exactly that. I think Crumpy just has the upper hand though.

Regarding Chris Harris, he's going to have some terrible GP's but I just hope he can have a few good ones to prove his worth, preferably the GP's I'm at :D

Just can't see Nicki winning another title, he's not been close since his win and has rarely come across as a threat.

Guest Jim Blanchard

Actually, Nicki, is also a really nice guy and I admire his qualities as person and my dealings with him have been just amenable as with Jason. I think he has just as much as chance of taking another one if the luck runs right for him. .

Just can't see Nicki winning another title, he's not been close since his win and has rarely come across as a threat.

He won a couple of GPs last season, which is, I believe, more than even Greg Hancock managed. And it's hard to imagine Nicki P gifting GP wins to Crump as easily as Hancock did a couple of times last season.

Guest Schumi
He won a couple of GPs last season, which is, I believe, more than even Greg Hancock managed. And it's hard to imagine Nicki P gifting GP wins to Crump as easily as Hancock did a couple of times last season.

And he was awesome after his surgery. :approve:

Btw, Nice one Jim. I know it's unlikely Nicki will win, but I'm sure he would be a popular world champ. :approve:

Crump notwithstanding, Mr Andersen has got the future world champ written all over him. Quite sure he'll get there one year, even if it's not 07. But I'm convinced Nicki Pedersen's suspect temperament will get the better of him and prevent him winning further titles. :wink: