British Speedway Forum
suchislife

07 Aussie U 21 Titles Line Ups Announced

Yes, Mick Hargreaves videoed it Trees

The email address I have for him is speedway@chariot.net.au (at least that's what it says on the back of a DVD of his but it also has Dave Schoolings name on the back for the still shots so if it's not Mick it's Dave !!)

It was a belter of a meeting, you will enjoy it if you get it. Not sure how much of the Troy Batchelor saga before the final he got on tape but that and the final(s) could be worth the purchase price on it's own.

That's Dave's addy Lunchy - but I'm sure he can get a message to Mick.

Guest Sir Lunchalot
I see Troy is getting some stick for his tantrum.  Amazingly people complain else where on this forum we have lost the charactors and speedway is too sanitised, yet when someone shows a bit of passion he is complained about.

Give me a moaning, complaining, pasionate rider over a boring "credit to the sport" like Leigh Adams!

You had to be there SCB. It wasn't just a slight kerfuffle, it was a major mental breakdown for a couple of minutes. It was impressive not only for its intensity but for the length of time it carried on. Bearing in mind he still had to get out and ride in the final I was worried about the potential for someone to get seriously hurt. I too enjoy characters and enjoy a bit of a stage show but this was a major embarrassment and did Troy no favours what so ever. In no way could anyone condone the way he carried on in my book.

PS I read your letter in the Oz Speedway news. Don't you remember every time you tell a fib a fairy dies? Fairykiller!!!

Those fairies up to their tricks again eh?  :wink:

Not sure there are many left Bryn - it appears we are being killed off!!! :(

So it wasnt us - we didnt do it!!!! :o:D

Edit - We were warned about Batchelors 'toys and cot' attitude when he was picked as our number 8 for Coventry but to be honest I think there was 1 incident at Cov over the year that I remember so its a shame this incident has happened, I thought he was outgrowing them. :(

Edited by Sandie

Thanks for the giving me an address to email Lunchy :)

Give me a moaning, complaining, pasionate rider over a boring "credit to the sport" like Leigh Adams!

Oi SCB leave Leigh out of it :P

Troy must have been feeling the pressure, he was probably pretty sore for not getting the better of Corey after he'd done the hard work beating Noddy and then to only have 3rd choice of gates and THEN with Robert parking in HIS gate, that was the straw that broke the camel's back .......... I think probably loads of us would have reacted pretty similar ;)

The gate positions in the final was decided upon through fastest race times?? The riders all knew this would be the case did they?

Edited by Trees

Although I rarely make contributions to the forum these days, I just wanted to say that I totally agree with Lunchy and Spider on their assessments of the U21 event.  Thanks for your company on the spectator mound over the past 2 nights guys.  I'm also glad you got your mobile phone back Spider.

Take nothing away from Holder though, he was a class act and will be a good U21 ambassador for his country.

Spiderweb you didn't lose it AGAIN! (Memories of Mildura!) we'll have to rivet it to ya!

Chris Holder has "Potential " writ large all over him. Enjoy watching him I.O.W. fans - this boy is going places. Interesting to see who makes it to SGP first, We are blessed with talent Downunder at the moment. (My 20 cents is on ROOBOY!)

Why should both Gathercole and Holder be excluded?( can you please quote me the rules they break with the numbers out off the Australia rule book)

I would have thought it obvious that if you fall on your own account that you are excluded.Its been that way in the 30 yrs ive followed the sport.

Cheers Darrell

I would have thought it obvious that if you fall on your own account that you are excluded.Its been that way in the 30 yrs ive followed the sport.

Cheers Darrell

Probably should have added this only applies if Gathercole wasnt under power when the red light came on after the Holder crash.

By the way what did Batchelor say, must confess to not hearing the after speach.

Hey its given us something to talk about.

Darrell

Probably should have added this only applies if Gathercole wasnt under power when the red light came on after the Holder crash.

By the way what did Batchelor say, must confess to not hearing the after speach.

Hey its given us something to talk about.

Darrell

After watching a home video of the final re-run, when gathercole came down the 2nd time it appeared Batchelor hit him on the way thru therefore possibly allowing Chris to get away...not to sure just something i thought i picked up.

chris did an amazing bit of riding to miss gathercole as chris was about to pounce ,it was the start of the second lap when corey fell ,troy and robert were not in a position to challenge either corey or chris ,and judging by the the earlier race times chris was by far the quickest of all the finalists.

Next year will be interesting, Gathercole v Holder at Mildura, Corey's home track, with Tom Hedley and young Sedgy thrown in!

Guest Sir Lunchalot
Next year will be interesting, Gathercole v Holder at Mildura, Corey's home track, with Tom Hedley and young Sedgy thrown in!

I think Cory is just too old next year BFD. I'll check my program when I get home and confirm.

Edit

D.O.B 2/12/86 - Cory misses out by 30 days