British Speedway Forum

So because the last one poorly attended this one will as well, that is what you are saying.

Pretty much , why or what would make it any different ?.

Like i said it has lost the Kings Lynn fans who would attend, in more numbers than Reading and Arean will add.

Edited by wjm

Pretty much , why or what would make it any different ?.

Like i said it has lost the Kings Lynn fans who would attend, in more numbers than Reading and Arean will add.

To be honest I think we have exhausted this debate, I have my opinions and you have yours, don't agree with yours, but respect the fact that you do.

Not sure what team you actually support but at guess it is Berwick, nice looking team you starting to build there.

To be honest I think we have exhausted this debate, I have my opinions and you have yours, don't agree with yours, but respect the fact that you do.

Not sure what team you actually support but at guess it is Berwick, nice looking team you starting to build there.

If i am responding on here it is to the thread in general.

I am not into little MSN convos like you have had with Matty Hart.

Edited by wjm

If i am responding on here it is to the thread in general.

I am not into little MSN convos like you have had with Matty Hart.

Neither me usually, but enjoyed the debate.

So because the last one poorly attended this one will as well, that is what you are saying.

what i am saying is whats the difference between the last one and this?

is the fancy web site going to attract fans who have never been to speedway?

are there any speedway fans who would not have known this meeting was going to take place without the website?

if some one could answer these questions in a positive way with sensible reasons then i may be persuaded to change my mind

Edited by The Third Man

Its not an assumption its a FACT.

The only FACT at the moment,is that you can only ASSUME as the meeting is still nearly 7 months off.

Sheffield is an excellent racetrack and those fans(for whatever reason)who cant make it,will miss what promisses to be one of the best ELRC. :approve::wink:

The only FACT at the moment,is that you can only ASSUME as the meeting is still nearly 7 months off.

Sheffield is an excellent racetrack and those fans(for whatever reason)who cant make it,will miss what promisses to be one of the best ELRC. :approve:  :wink:

Not actually the crowd at the last one was poor that is FACT , can i ask what will make this one of the best ever in youre opinion ?, the fuel girls maybe ?. :blink:.

For every positive for this meeting there are negatives, most coming from me ?, i guess so, but they are points non the less.

Edited by wjm

If the super7even is the best the B.S.P.A can come up with i think that this season will be the nail in the coffin for these events , at the top level at least.

Not judging either way but can I ask what you would have come up with given the same brief as the committee?

what i am saying is whats the difference between the last one and this?

are there any speedway fans who would not have known this meeting was going to take place without the website?

if some one could answer these questions in a positive way with sensible reasons then i may be persuaded to change my mind

Fair points - can I play devils advocate a little?

The fancy website imo wont attract any of the existing fans, agreed. However, surely they are not really the target.

People outwith speedway might hear or read something (the emphasis being on those promoting it to get newspaper and local radio coverage), think later 'oh I wonder what that was about' and look up the site. I only say this because last week I actually did this myself with something mentioned on radio and now I will be going to an event in February that I wouldn't have even thought about simply because I was able to get info on a website.

For the costs involved its surely worth a try and who knows if teh site is regularly updated with news, who is riding, changes happening at events, you might even get an existing fan to change tehir mind too.

I appreciate its a lot of 'ifs and buts' tho!

Sheffield is an excellent racetrack and those fans(for whatever reason)who cant make it,will miss what promisses to be one of the best ELRC.

Fact or Assumpton?! :D:wink:

Anyhow........

Can you guys not give it a rest on the bickering for a few months. If you feel you must,then start again in 6 months time but please - give it a rest.

If I am right here, I have the right (as the originator of the thread) to have it deleted or locked! DONT MAKE ME DO IT!!!!

Please? :)

Edited by Sandie

Not actually the crowd at the last one was poor that is FACT , can i ask what will make this one of the best ever in youre opinion ?, the fuel girls maybe ?. :blink:.

For every positive for this meeting there are negatives, most coming from me ?, i guess so, but they are points non the less.

If you are talking about the last one at Sheffield maybe that was because that was PLRC(no offence meant)this one is ELRC the top 16 riders in our elite league on a neutral track(and one of the best in the country).

If it dont tickle your taste buds,dont come,i,m just glad that someone JC is trying to revamp a sleeping giant.

Here,s to success :approve:

If you are talking about the last one at Sheffield maybe that was because that was PLRC(no offence meant)this one is ELRC the top 16 riders in our elite league on a neutral track(and one of the best in the country).

If it dont tickle your taste buds,dont come,i,m just glad that someone JC is trying to revamp a sleeping giant.

Here,s to success :approve:

Should really learn what you are talking about.

Should really learn what you are talking about.

Back in the days of the old B Vue(Hyde road)the BLRC as it was called then attracted full houses every year(i believe it held some 40,000)to what most fans said rivaled the, then World Championships,if this is a small step back to them days,then imo it is a step forward.

Perhaps you like to sit back and do nothing,but i believe JC is trying to take our sport forward

well, this was posted by Star Lady, and however you want to look at it, it's certainly a start ...

My tale may not be typical but a colleague of mine, mailed me today and stated that her and entire family would be coming to Lynn for the EL Pairs. They are not speedway fans, but had seen a piece in the local paper visited the website and were impressed enough to decide to attend. OK it will only be two paying adults and 3 free young kids but that's 2 more than would have come without the publicity and website.

so is that an answer to your question?

Back in the days of the old B Vue(Hyde road)the BLRC as it was called then attracted full houses every year(i believe it held some 40,000)to what most fans said rivaled the, then World Championships,if this is a small step back to them days,then imo it is a step forward.

Perhaps you like to sit back and do nothing,but i believe JC is trying to take our sport forward

Again mate attendance at the E.L.R.C at Sheffield was ?.

This thread will and the super7evens will bite folk on the ass, i dont want it to, but watch this space.

And actually again , why can no one answer the question of what he is doing to take it forward, venue and entertainment that was used 20 years ago what has he changed ?.

Edited by wjm

Personally i don't think you will ever get back to those days again!.

But Sheffield always get the PLRC now they got the ELRC, how about another

club hosting the event, plenty to choose from, and im not suggesting Poole!.