British Speedway Forum

Don't think they listened to you Sandie.... :D

Don't think they listened to you Sandie.... :D

ahem ... where did the thread originate :rolleyes:

Well the web site is open so we may as well start discussing:

Edited by stevehone

well, this was posted by Star Lady, and however you want to look at it, it's certainly a start ...

so is that an answer to your question?

Thats great, nothing would give me greater pleasure than to be proved wrong on this one, if i am then speedway will have taken a step in the right direction, if not there will have been a lot of hype for nothing, lets hope its the former

At least you are willing to wait and see - I get a bit racked off when people are virtually rubbing their hands with glee at the prospect of something failing! :rolleyes:

wjm, just to put us in the picture, incase i missed any of this fascinating thread you have contributed to, could you please tell me,which team you support and how long you have been a speedway fan,cause you have some real strong opinions about this matter.Did you say earlier it was Berwick? If so are you from way up North?

ahem ... where did the thread originate  :rolleyes:

Thats correct Steve - and I suggested discussion.

Not bickering and handbags and cots and toys!!

I love a good debate where there is merit and new thought but already it has turned into a twit-4-tat meaningless I know more than you, Im right your not, thread.

Lets give the 7's a chance. Im not overhappy with some of the ideas (pin up girls, fuel girls and evening meetings!!) but if it benefits the sport then thats what is important.

And we wont know if it has been successful till the end of he season.

So long as its all evaluated properly and mistakes rectifed we can ask for no more than that.

But of course thats just my opinion!!!! :D

Thats correct Steve - and I suggested discussion.

Not bickering and handbags and cots and toys!!

I love a good debate where there is merit and new thought but already it has turned into a twit-4-tat meaningless I know more than you, Im right your not, thread.

Lets give the 7's a chance. Im not overhappy with some of the ideas (pin up girls, fuel girls and evening meetings!!) but if it benefits the sport then thats what is important.

And we wont know if it has been successful till the end of he season.

So long as its all evaluated properly and mistakes rectifed we can ask for no more than that.

But of course thats just my opinion!!!! :D

And as you notice I did say WJM that I felt we had exhausted the agruement, and could not see it go any where.

ok,on a very positive not (and forgetting all the politics)...the chance of seeing the worlds best riders (give or take a couple) on the worlds best race track on a warm summers evening is mouthwatering to say the least! there can be no arguement to that!

ok,on a very positive not (and forgetting all the politics)...the chance of seeing the worlds best riders (give or take a couple) on the worlds best race track on a warm summers evening is mouthwatering to say the least! there can be no arguement to that!

agree with that as long as you can guarentee the warm weather in summer?

Really looking forward to the ELRC this year but i don't get why it is on a Thursday! :unsure: I know Sheffield have Dog Racing most of the week but surely they can let Speedway have a Saturday! Think more people would go if it was a Saturday or a Sunday!

Oh well! Going up on the Thursday and staying in a Hotel and coming back on the Friday! :)

Really looking forward to the ELRC this year but i don't get why it is on a Thursday!  :unsure:  I know Sheffield have Dog Racing most of the week but surely they can let Speedway have a Saturday! Think more people would go if it was a Saturday or a Sunday!

erm, have you read the thread?

weekend Poland etc etc

no way the dogs would run on a saturday night, hoping that no riders would have other more lucrative commitments on the thursday night so that they will turn up i suppose

Edited by The Third Man

wjm, just to put us in the picture, incase i missed any of this fascinating thread you have contributed to, could you please tell me,which team you support and how long you have been a speedway fan,cause you have some real strong opinions about this matter.Did you say earlier it was Berwick? If so are you from way up North?

I have been a Berwick fan for about 16 years, and yes i am from " way up North " as you put it , what that has to do with me wanting to see this event and speedway improve that i dont know ?.

Really looking forward to the ELRC this year but i don't get why it is on a Thursday!  :unsure:  I know Sheffield have Dog Racing most of the week but surely they can let Speedway have a Saturday! Think more people would go if it was a Saturday or a Sunday!

Oh well! Going up on the Thursday and staying in a Hotel and coming back on the Friday!  :)

Big problem there is that the Greyhound people own the stadium, and they would not let us have Saturday.

I have been a Berwick fan for about 16 years,  and yes i am from " way up North " as you put it , what that has to do with me wanting to see this event and speedway improve that i dont know ?.

What ever team WJM supports and how long I don't think really matters, he is entitled to his or could be hers opinion, the fact that don't agree has very little to do with it.