British Speedway Forum

I'm really happy that the BSPA or whoever have taken this step this year to hold PL events on an EL track and EL events on PL tracks! Not so much of a home advantage then!

BELLE VUE; Simon Stead and Joe Screen

COVENTRY; Scott Nicholls and Rory Schlein

EASTBOURNE; Nicki Pedersen and David Norris

IPSWICH; Mark Loram and (Chris Louis)

LAKESIDE; Jonas Kylmakorpi and Krzysztof Kasprzak

OXFORD; Jesper Jensen and Piotr Protasiewicz

PETERBOROUGH; Hans Andersen and Neils K Iversen

POOLE; Jason Crump and Bjarne Pedersen

READING; Greg Hancock and Matej Zagar

SWINDON; Leigh Adams and Sebastian Ulamek

WOLVES; Peter Karlsson and Billy Hamill

Unless JC and BP have a bad day at the office it will be hard to see those two defeated.

Edited by T.N.T.

My family and i are visiting the father in law who lives in Norwich and i may pop into Kings Lynn and watch this one.It is a very long time since i have been to Kings Lynn(1985 one of the bank holidays i think) so it would be nice to catch this one,although the entrance fees are a little overpriced.It should be a good meeting and i am looking forward to some decent racing.

So...all 11 EL teams are being represented this year. Didn't I read earlier in the thread that one team will miss out???

Also, is this meeting to be shown on SKY?

BELLE VUE; Simon Stead and Joe Screen

COVENTRY; Scott Nicholls and Rory Schlein

EASTBOURNE; Nicki Pedersen and David Norris

IPSWICH; Mark Loram and (Chris Louis)

LAKESIDE; Jonas Kylmakorpi and Krzysztof Kasprzak

OXFORD; Jesper Jensen and Piotr Protasiewicz

PETERBOROUGH; Hans Andersen and Neils K Iversen

POOLE; Jason Crump and Bjarne Pedersen

READING; Greg Hancock and Matej Zagar

SWINDON; Leigh Adams and Sebastian Ulamek

WOLVES; Peter Karlsson and Billy Hamill

Unless JC and BP have a bad day at the office it will be hard to see those two defeated.

It's a shame really that the averages worked out like that, I reckon Harris and Nicholls could have been in with a shout, can't see the same from Schlein unfortunately but I'd like to be proved wrong.

Also think Oxford's is Jesper + Ales, not Pepe.

yeah only 10 teams will take part in this meeting 1 seeded team and 9 teams on combined averages according to the super7 site.

I notice Rye House & Mildenhall have matches the same day as the EL Pairs and as they are not too far away might be able to draw a whole load of travelling EL fans on their way to KL for the 7pm start.

Does anyone know if Rye / Mildenhall have considered this and gone for an early start to catch the passing fans?

Or is that being too sensible? :unsure:

No Belle Vue in the pairs, Arena have been chosen as the wild card.

No Belle Vue in the pairs, Arena have been chosen as the wild card.

How greats fall :(

Just to be a bit different, I think Reading COULD win this :)

This is the Elite League Pairs Championship? Should not all Elite League teams be represented by their top two riders? What is the point of the contest otherwise?

I can see that, under the present system, the team for which Jason Crump rides until the end of his top flight career will inevitably win the trophy if his partner chips in with a handful of points. Would it not then be better for the EL Pairs Championship to be renamed the Crump+One Challenge and have a true Elite League Pairs contest for thetrueElite League Pairs Championship Trophy with all the EL teams participating.

Of course it could be that my tired, old bespectacled eyes missed the announcement that Belle Vue have dropped down to the Premier League. What! They haven't? they're still an EL club? Then what sensible reason can there be for not including them in this contest?

Ron.

This is the Elite League Pairs Championship?  Should not all Elite League teams be represented by their top two riders?  What is the point of the contest otherwise?

I can see that, under the present system, the team for which Jason Crump rides until the end of his top flight career will inevitably win the trophy if his partner chips in with a handful of points.  Would it not then be better for the EL Pairs Championship to be renamed the Crump+One Challenge and have a true Elite League Pairs contest for thetrueElite League Pairs Championship Trophy with all the EL teams participating.

Of course it could be that my tired, old bespectacled eyes missed the announcement that Belle Vue have dropped down to the Premier League.  What! They haven't? they're still an EL club?  Then what sensible reason can there be for not including them in this contest?

Ron.

Oxford couldn't defend their Craven Shield title last year as they didn't qualify. Belle Vue, although holders, can't defend their title this year as the combined average of their top two is the lowest of the 11 sides in the league - life's a bitch at times!

:wink:

This is the Elite League Pairs Championship?  Should not all Elite League teams be represented by their top two riders?  What is the point of the contest otherwise?

I can see that, under the present system, the team for which Jason Crump rides until the end of his top flight career will inevitably win the trophy if his partner chips in with a handful of points.  Would it not then be better for the EL Pairs Championship to be renamed the Crump+One Challenge and have a true Elite League Pairs contest for thetrueElite League Pairs Championship Trophy with all the EL teams participating.

Of course it could be that my tired, old bespectacled eyes missed the announcement that Belle Vue have dropped down to the Premier League.  What! They haven't? they're still an EL club?  Then what sensible reason can there be for not including them in this contest?

Ron.

bitter Belle Vue fan by any chance?

Surely they should have included a 12th pair rather than leave a pair out?