British Speedway Forum

Well done Ed. Has proved that he is going to be our top man for the next ten years at least. How anyone can doubt a kid with so much natural ability on a motorcycle is beyond belief. Still we've seen on this thread and over the years on the forum that there is alot of envy and resentment towards Edward.

He will win Britrish finals in his career so plenty of time left. He'll ride in loads of GP's as well so he'll just have to wait a year. Still only 20.

Comparing Howe and Ed is like comparing night and day and Ed won't be judging his career on competeing with a David Howe. Won't knock David as he has done well this year, but of course home advantage played a part. To suggest otherwise is wrong, but fair play to David. As said in terms of ability and where they will each be in terms of riding at the top level then there won't be a comparison in future years. Edward will challenge at the very top in the next few years, whereas David won't be anywhere near that sort of level.

Well done to Bomber. Has really come on this season.

Nicholls looks awful at the mo and even if wasn't "supposedly" testing wouldn't have won it. I don't think he likes the spotlight being off him. The ego demands it.

Stead continues to impress no one and the less said of Rico the better.

Looks as though Ed has confirmed his WC place. Or will Olly be the better choice?

Ben Wilson continues to be laughable around the small tracks.

Well done Chris deserving British Champion.

Well done David third Brit in the Aves Home and AWAY and third Brit in Cardiff

Unlucky to Ed, Olley and Daniel.

King's Lynn or even Sheffield may have been a good shout actually Jirout.

Looking down tonights line up Arena and Reading apart every other track in the EL was represented, and I suppose if you really wanted to get ridiculous you could discount Arena because Havvy used to ride ther eand go on and on and on...

Here's an idea why not say well done David Howe for finishing second and claiming his place in the GP....

Kennetts day will surely come and soon, he is one of the most improved riders around, I thought the Poole fans were a fairminded lot, obviously a few exceptions tonight!

Edited by PhilK

Looks as though Ed has confirmed his WC place. Or will Olly be the better choice?

Would pick them both on tonight's evidence.

probably if it wasnt so difficult for young aussies to come over and get a team place with a high average then they wouldnt use the *lupehole*. yes, we want the brits, but other nationalities have to earn a living too. i doubt many aussie fans moaned when scotty was in their aussie championship in the winter  :unsure:

in the end, i'll be supporting tai tonight, i think hes got natural talent, and have thought that since i first saw him last year.

:)

Yer absolutely right, Stargirl91.

Scotty rode his guts out down here but machinery problems etc plus Oz's wierd array of tracks put both him and Simon (Crash through or Crash) Stead at a disadvantage. In addition he was a tireless ambassador for the sport - no fan request was refused; no question too banal; I lost count of the number of Photos he posed for with starry-eyed kids. :approve:

As for this on-going debate about Tai Wuffy's nationality - give it a rest youse mob! I've attempted to stay out of this one because of perceived bias on my part, but some of the Xenophobic Posts I've seen on the forum beggar belief!

Just remember if it wasn't for Aussies you wouldn't even have Speedway! :wink::rolleyes:

Delighted to see Bomber win this, it really rubber stamps the progress he has made this season.

To think there were those who argued that Steady should have been given the GP nomination instead.

Refreshing to see the performances of the likes of King and Allen eclipsing the older guard.

I think David Howe deserves his place at Cardiff for the big improvement he has shown this year (not all down to home form as he is averaging over 7 away from Monomore), hope he puts up a show on the night.

Sure Kennett will get his day, the move to a bigger home track can only help him make an impact on the world stage.

Well done Ed. Has proved that he is going to be our top man for the next ten years at least. How anyone can doubt a kid with so much natural ability on a motorcycle is beyond belief. Still we've seen on this thread and over the years on the forum that there is alot of envy and resentment towards Edward.

He will win Britrish finals in his career so plenty of time left. He'll ride in loads of GP's as well so he'll just have to wait a year. Still only 20.

Comparing Howe and Ed is like comparing night and day and Ed won't be judging his career on competeing with a David Howe. Won't knock David as he has done well this year, but of course home advantage played a part. To suggest otherwise is wrong, but fair play to David. As said in terms of ability and where they will each be in terms of riding at the top level then there won't be a comparison in future years. Edward will challenge at the very top in the next few years, whereas David won't be anywhere near that sort of level.

Well done to Bomber. Has really come on this season.

Nicholls looks awful at the mo and even if wasn't "supposedly" testing wouldn't have won it. I don't think he likes the spotlight being off him. The ego demands it.

Stead continues to impress no one and the less said of Rico the better.

Ben Wilson continues to be laughable around the small tracks.

I hope you are right.

But don't put too much expectation and pressure on Edward. David Howe did similarly in a British Final at Coventry at the same age. Both riders are the future it would seem. Can we not congratulate both riders?

I expect Ben Wilson could do with a little more encouragement as well. Do we support all British riders or just those that ride for our own team?

Nah. Backside of nowhere and too far off the beaten track. :D  :D

Seriously, why not? Hold it at a track where all riders start even. If some ride the track better, well good luck!

Howe has had a much better season than last year but his home scoring is giving his average. He comes to Poole and never gets close to winning a heat.

Still, he is at Cardiff and I hope he does well otherwise it would have been a waste of time.

Hold it at Sheffield, Kennett is bobbins there :D, no idea about how Howe would ride there.

Poor lad, I feel sorry for Howe, possibly his greatest night in speedway and his fire gets wazzed on by the Poole brigadge! I hope he goes to Cardiff and wins the damn thing now.

Yer absolutely right, Stargirl91.

Scotty rode his guts out down here but machinery problems etc plus Oz's wierd array of tracks put both him and Simon (Crash through or Crash) Stead at a disadvantage. In addition he was a tireless ambassador for the sport - no fan request was refused; no question too banal; I lost count of the number of Photos he posed for with starry-eyed kids. :approve:

As for this on-going debate about Tai Wuffy's nationality - give it a rest youse mob! I've attempted to stay out of this one because of perceived bias on my part, but some of the Xenophobic Posts I've seen on the forum beggar belief!

Just remember if it wasn't for Aussies you wouldn't even have Speedway! :wink:  :rolleyes:

Just remember if it wasn't for Aussies you wouldn't even have

Not sure what that means

WELL DONE CHRIS HARRIS - BRITISH CHAMPION.

Now the Eddie Kennett fans are so sour about it all, let me see, if i'm right reading through these last 4 or 5 pages the reason Eddie boy missed out is

1. The refs fault.

2. Scott Nicholl's fault

3. The home track advantage.

4. The unfortunate gate position

5. The direction the wind was blowing

6.Picking the wrong start line girl, should have gone for the one with long fair hair and nice smile with the yellow board.

7. The fact he completely missed the start when it most mattered : ie..the FINAL

Also the grand assumption he would beat him anywhere, don't make me laugh.

I would back David Howe to beat Edward Kennett at Sheffield. Seen em both there....no competition. And once again...............

WELL DONE CHRIS HARRIS - BRITISH CHAMPION :lol:

AND WELL DONE DAVID HOWE ON REACHING CARDIFF :D

Edited by Philip Addison

Poor lad, I feel sorry for Howe, possibly his greatest night in speedway and his fire gets wazzed on by the Poole brigadge! I hope he goes to Cardiff and wins the damn thing now.

I was thinking exactly the same. We all know he reads the forum as well. :angry:

Sour grapes!!

I was thinking the same about Chris Harris.

The bloke wins his first National Title and a large majority of the crowd are more bothered about congratulating the bloke who came second!

I was thinking exactly the same. We all know he reads the forum as well.  :angry:

Sour grapes!!

if david howe reads this forum,i am glad to be among the first to say

well done.

all the best for cardiff

I was thinking the same about Chris Harris.

The bloke wins his first National Title and a large majority of the crowd are more bothered about congratulating the bloke who came second!

errr perhaps that's cos he's the home rider!

Big congratulations to Chris Harris

He must be on cloud9.gif

Congratulations also to Dave Howe for his Cardiff place. :D

Well done also to Scott for his 3rd although we seem happier about it than he does :rolleyes:

and

Unlucky to Kennett - but there will be other years. :(

Big well done also has to go to Olly Allen, who a certain forum member gave 'zero' chance to. You did us proud Olly - dont be too downhearted. :)