British Speedway Forum

well done bomber i honsetly thought it was a bit of boring meeting there was a couple of good races i wasnt a fan of bomber at the start of the season but i am now starting to like him he just never gives up and always seems to have a smile on his face which is good. well done chris

Edited by Andrew E

errr perhaps that's cos he's the home rider!

Well spotted :rolleyes:

WELL DONE CHRIS HARRIS - BRITISH CHAMPION.

Now the Eddie Kennett fans are so sour about it all, let me see, if i'm right reading through these last 4 or 5 pages the reason Eddie boy missed out is

1. The refs fault.

2. Scott Nicholl's fault

3. The home track advantage.

4. The unfortunate gate position

5. The direction the wind was blowing

6.Picking the wrong start line girl, should have gone for the one with long fair hair and nice smile with the yellow board.

7. The fact he completely missed the start when it most mattered : ie..the FINAL

Also the grand assumption he would beat him anywhere, don't make me laugh.

I would back David Howe to beat Edward Kennett at Sheffield. Seen em both there....no competition.  And once again...............

WELL DONE CHRIS HARRIS - BRITISH CHAMPION    :lol:

AND WELL DONE DAVID HOWE ON REACHING CARDIFF    :D

Thank you. I am not the only rational person on this thread!

The bloke wins his first National Title and a large majority of the crowd are more bothered about congratulating the bloke who came second!

a lot of that goes to show his current ability and the expectations people had of him.

good to see Nicholls being overshadowed too :D

6.Picking the wrong start line girl, should have gone for the one with long fair hair and nice smile with the yellow board.

The little Blonde Girl with the yellow board, yeh, i fancied her as well

very nice!!. :P

Judging by the pages I've scanned through all messages of congrats for the riders in this meeting will get swallowed up in the Poole/Wolves nursery spat.

But anyway,

CONGRATULATIONS BOMBER - think 98% of speedway fans were cheering you on tonight.

Congratulations also to all the other young brits who took a big step up tonight and qualified for the next GP qualifier and also Lewis Bridger who just missed out. National Team future certainly looked brighter tonight watching those kids scrap it out for those places.

OK a run down of the individuals.

Harris was excellent all night and fully deserved his title. If only he could gate we could have a British world beater.

Howe used his HTA to excellent effect to grab the wild card. Well done to him. Don't think I can say anymore.

Nicholls seems to have levelled out or possibly dropped back a tad. Doesn't seem the force he was a year ot two ago. No longer the number one Brit in more ways than one.

Kennett showed the world just how much of a progression he has made this year. Going to dominate the British Scene within the next couple of years. Has the complete package, just needs to hone it. Will be a big GP star.

King rode well tonight and deserved his semi, as did Allen who battled for his place.

Bridger battled and was unlucky not to make the semi. Has trouble with the 3rd/4th bend at Monmore!

Stead was poor and sorry but I just don't see him as a top rider. 3rd heat leader type. Did nothing tonight.

Louis battled but won't come off the inside. Cost him dear. Now too old to challenge.

Richardson looked disinterested and is not the rider of three years ago. Don't know whats happened but where was the fight?

Havvy and Screen are now the old boys and it showed. game over lads at this level.

Hall battled but lacks track craft. Full throttle or bust. And bust it was.

Lawson and Wright were out of their depth.

Woffinden was all over the place in his only ride and managed to fall twice in three laps. Withdrew because he didn't want to injure the other riders. ( his words) Doubt he would have scored a point judging by what I saw.

So overall a thrilling British Final, far better than anythig served up in recent years. Not the result I wanted at all for the wild card, but one of speedways continuing problems will always be home track advantage and riders that are there at the right time to take advantage of it.

I will say here. Well done to David Howe. He rode well and gets his chance. Eddie Kennett came of age on the big stage tonight and his chance will come sooner rather than later, and when it does we will have a young Brit capable of winning GP's in his future career.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

errr perhaps that's cos he's the home rider!

....and there's silly ol' me thinkin' they're ALL home riders!

I said somewhere on this thread that Howe should win by the proverbial due to the massive home advantage he had, and so it proved. He was on the inside of Eddie so it was always going to be an impossible task, but Eddie gave it his best shot and only just fell short. You are right of course, anywhere else and Eddie would no doubt have breezed it. Still, that's the way it goes.

Trouble is now Eddie misses out at Cardiff, where I had no doubt he would have heavily rocked the boat and scored quite well. A real gutter and shame.

Shovlar,

Howe beat Kennett in the qualifying, when KENNETT was on the inside.

Once again, you are talking utter rubbish.

As has been pointed out. Howe is the THIRD highest averaging British rider, so therefore, regardless of tonights meeting he is the deserving rider for the wildcard spot. END OF STORY.

And Congratulations to Chris Harris. Excellent performance tonight and a great gate in the final.

Well done to Bomber. Unlucky Eddie.

Enjoy Cardiff David :wink:

Edited by superguest

Guest PanthersChamp06

Bomber deserved it, so well done :)

Howe rode very well aswell as Kennett and both deserve great credit for there peformances.

Danny King... not many people have congratulated him, a late call up, a rider said to be overated and will never make it out of a Prem Heatleader... well hes going to Cardiff :D

Woffinden .... Doubt he would have scored a point

something else we'll have to disagree on

Some people seem determined to take the shine off David Howe's achievement tonight. This is a guy who struggled so badly last season that people were really getting on his back; even at the start of this season he had his fair share of critics.

David Howe is one of the better riders to have raced at Foxhall this season, and when you take in to account how he has turned his career around and his performances this season if anyone deserves to be the Wildcard at Cardiff it is him.

Congratulations David, have a stormer at Cardiff! :approve:

P.S. Congratulations to Harris for being the new British Champion, and to Kennett, King and Allen who all impressed me.