British Speedway Forum

Kennett, who booked one of the five GP qualifying round slots on offer last night, added: "I'm not thinking about the 2008 GP at the moment.

lack of ambition there?

with GP's, everything is sorted a year in advance.

he did have a Union Jack on his kevlars last night!

it was in the corner of the Aussie flag on his arm

:lol: Quality Mr Hone :approve:

:lol:

Kennett said: "I'm gutted I missed out on the wild card but there is nothing I can do about it now.

"I will just have to go to Cardiff as first reserve, enjoy the experience and see how it goes."

So Edward gets a reserve berth, might not be a wildcard yet might get to ride and be cheered on by all the British fans :approve:

couldn't see that from where i was standing tbh but was it part of the aussie flag or just our union jack flag?

try looking HERE

Kennett said: "I'm gutted I missed out on the wild card but there is nothing I can do about it now.

Far from being despondent, Kennett added: "It is all good experience racing in meetings like this.

Looks like the Poole fans are making more fuss than Ed is. Showing a maturity with those statements. :approve:

Former British, world champion and ex-Pirate Mark Loram, who was at Wolves last night, said: "Ed can hold his head high.

"It was just the home track advantage that David Howe had. But Ed rode brilliantly tonight."

:o Shame on you Mark :sad:

Bless who? Ed or Mark? :wink:

Thinking about it I reckon thats paper talk, can't imagine Loramski saying that about Howie to be fair.

:w

Bless who? Ed or Mark?  :wink:

Thinking about it I reckon thats paper talk, can't imagine Loramski saying that about Howie to be fair.

No he said it on the tv last night :D

I remember him saying Howe had home track advantage, but I can't remember him saying he JUST had home track advantage as stated in the paper report. That one word makes a lot of difference imo. :unsure:

Yes he did Loram said Howe had HTA on Sky, loud and clear for all to hear.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/pir..._qualifiers.php

Surely you mean dull and monotone rather than loud and clear??

Few things about last night.. Chris Harris, thoroughly deserved the title. Rode brilliantly all night and all season if it's relevent. David Howe, I don't really care whether it was at Monmore or not, to hear him speak about his racing and particularly after the final shows he is one changed rider. Confidence is so much higher and I could tell how he was riding. Looked chuffed to bits to be in Cardiff and for that reason I hope he does well, if only to maintain some of this confidence. Nicholls, unlucky Scott. I hope he gets some decent scores in the next few scores, because the excuse "he's the top Brit so has to be seeded" will no longer work. Steady was poor I reckon, rode well at times but ought to be scoring more than that. Similarly with Richardson, he is a better rider than that I think. Confidence must be shot to bits and I don't think he can get to the level he should be capable of. Danny King.. proved his worth and rode his heart out, fantastic, same applies with Olly Allen. Bridger, well how he spoke before the meeting I found great, sounds like a nice lad who is confident and wants to go far, but in his words "I'm going to go out and enjoy myself and not do anything stupid". He is one for the future of British speedway, no doubt. Louis, Havvy and Screeny aren't competitive at this level anymore, but was refreshing to see the new talent who will be stepping in over the next few years. Lawson and Wright weren't really competitive but not completely off the pace and another 2 I think might come in handy over the next few years for team GB. Tai was out of his depth in his first heat but his time will come no doubt.

Based on that, if I was GB manager, I'd still choose Nicholls and Bomber, but I can't see why we'd choose Steady or Richardson. Come on down Howe, Ed, King, Allen etc, why not, we won't win the thing anyway, give the young lads an experience, they will win us titles in the future.

Based on that, if I was GB manager, I'd still choose Nicholls and Bomber, but I can't see why we'd choose Steady or Richardson. Come on down Howe, Ed, King, Allen etc, why not, we won't win the thing anyway, give the young lads an experience, they will win us titles in the future.

I couldn't agree more.

The time has come for Middlo to put form before friendship and give the nod to these lads now.

Josh Auty thinks the same  ;)

Thanks For That TNT :D

If Anyone Has Any Photographs From Last Night Of The Sexy7Even Please Could You Possibly Send Them Me.

I Had An Awesome Night Last Night. The Racing Was Amazing! People Need To Back Off David Howe He Had No HMA.. The Only British Rider I Can Think Of That Doesnt Like Monmore Is Ben Wilson.. Bless Him He Tried His Heart Out.. David Howe Has Impressed Me Watching Him Home And Away He's Improving Rapidly.. Your Taking His Shine By Saying He Had A HMA He's Been Scoring Double Figures Everywhere He Goes.. He Is Becoming A Class Rider Give Him A Break And Watching Him Last Night He Was Pure Class! Daniel King & Olly Allen Impressed Me Last Night Also.. And BOMBER Is Just Undescribible.

WELL DONE DAVID!!

WELL DONE BOMBER!!

CHIN UP EDDIE.. Your Time Will Come!

Congratulations To All The Other Riders & Well Done For Putting On An Awesome Night Of Speedway.

Thank You To Jonathan Chapman For Showing What Speedway Really Is.

Edited by shelly

he did have a Union Jack on his kevlars last night!

it was in the corner of the Aussie flag on his arm

B) who gives a toss, if he was born a pom, then he,s a pom :blink: . i have 2 nephews, born in Hertfordshire. ENGLAND, they moved to aussie land when they where approx 3yrs old, they are now 24yrs old, and still living in aussie land, but you ask them what nationality they are they will say bugger, we are pommie bastads, and proud of it, what the f*^k has a flag got to do with it, it says India on my car tyres but it dont mean i,m indian, :blink: does it, t*(ts