British Speedway Forum

Well what a farce that was! 22 heats and 2 and a half hours just to tell us what we knew all along: Bomber is the current British Number 1 and David H00000we has been gift wrapped certain humiliation in 25 days time. Marvellous.  :rolleyes:

As I stated a week or 2 back, the idea of having the best placed Brit (excluding Scott or Bomber) as the Wild Card is a good one, but surely not if any of the riders are tearing round their own circuit? Imagine the backlash if Kennett had prevailed around Wimborne Road, or heaven forbid, Rico around the Abbey?  :o

Enjoy your day in Cardiff, David. Next year you’ll be back in the bar with the rest of us.  :P

Another idiot.

Howe IS the 3rd best brit. Averages do NOT lie.

Um, because he rode – and raced – really well and deserved his second place? Because he won points both from the gate and from the back? Because he was genuinely pleased to see Chris Harris as winner and congratulated him warmly, despite his own ambitions? Because he has shown determination and is fulfilling his obvious ability this season? Because he is always very open when discussing his form even when, as last season, things got so bad that he contemplated retirement?

And, finally, because it's gracious.

Really nice post Fourentee. Someone else said David Howe reads this forum sometimes and if you are reading this thread David this post is really meant directly to you personally. I remember seeing you ride after meetings at Peterborough as a youngster and your times were quite incredible, sometimes as fast as the senior race meeting times on a slickened off track. Everyone regarded you in much the same light as Tai Woffinden at the moment and so i watched your career develop with interest. Now i will be honest, after the controversy at Sheffield with Simon Stead in the Under 21 Final you wasn't my favourite rider and to put it mildly i had a negative opinion of you. I know that you have had your problems last season and stuck in there and turned them around, reading others opinions through sheer hard work and guts and determination. Some have had a go at you for having a home track advantage last night. Their problem. You rode absolutely brilliantly and deserved your place at Cardiff, and in my opinion it's even more deserved for the way you stuck at the sport and fought back. I was also impressed with your attitude in all your interviews last night. Whether i was wrong about you or whether you have matured is not as important as the fact you are now reaping the rewards and having success and it doesn't seem to be going to your head at all, long may that continue. Last night you turned a doubter into a fan. I'm sure i'm not the only one. I'm so pleased you didnt pack it all in and whatever you do at Cardiff i hope you have a superb day and i hope your career goes on from strength to strength now. Good luck David.

Thanks For That TNT  :D

If Anyone Has Any Photographs From Last Night Of The Sexy7Even Please Could You Possibly Send Them Me.

I Had An Awesome Night Last Night. The Racing Was Amazing! People Need To Back Off David Howe He Had No HMA.. The Only British Rider I Can Think Of That Doesnt Like Monmore Is Ben Wilson.. Bless Him He Tried His Heart Out.. David Howe Has Impressed Me Watching Him Home And Away He's Improving Rapidly.. Your Taking His Shine By Saying He Had A HMA He's Been Scoring Double Figures Everywhere He Goes.. He Is Becoming A Class Rider Give Him A Break And Watching Him Last Night He Was Pure Class! Daniel King & Olly Allen Impressed Me Last Night Also.. And BOMBER Is Just Undescribible.

WELL DONE DAVID!!

WELL DONE BOMBER!!

CHIN UP EDDIE.. Your Time Will Come!

Congratulations To All The Other Riders & Well Done For Putting On An Awesome Night Of Speedway.

Thank You To Jonathan Chapman For Showing What Speedway Really Is.

You Dont Need A Capital For The First Letter In Each Word, It Just Makes It Hard To Read An Must Take Ages To Write. :unsure:

It's one thing being lazy and trying wrong (like me :unsure: ) but to add things you don't need is another and very weird!

Thanks For That TNT  :D

If Anyone Has Any Photographs From Last Night Of The Sexy7Even Please Could You Possibly Send Them Me.

I Had An Awesome Night Last Night.

If you are the girl with the lovely smile can I have a picture please ! :P

[Josh will be looking for me at Scunthorpe to give me a black eye now, lol ]

Seriously, if it is you, can i just say the Sexy7Even girls did a superb job looking classy and professional throughout.

first of all i want to say well done to bomber, can't think of any other rider i want to win as much as i do him, we were talking on the podium we been through the same kind of times and the way he pulled it around in last two seasons is amazing.

thank you for all the kind messages, it meant so much to me last night because 12 months ago i found it hard to even get a second never mind in the british final and i still remember the way i felt last year and i still feel very grounded. i said all along my aim was top five because i wanted to get in the qualifiers so everything else was such a bonus, and i wasn't so happy because i was second i was happy because i'm going to the gp and who wouldn't want to ride in that?

as for the home track advantage i'm not going to insult your intelligence by saying that there wasn't any because there is a little, but what i will say is that 90% of british riders love wolves and also the track was very different to normal, there was far more grip on the outside which in effect took away the passing lines that i normally use. also the way round wolves is no big hidden secret, its not like only we know about it, is it? Bomber has figured it out.

i suppose i was in a no win situation, if i did well its home track, if i didn't i buckled under pressure, and let me tell you i nearly did!! people kept telling me your going to win etc etc and i started to think , what am i going to do if i don't?! then after my first ride i thought stop being an idiot and enjoy it.

so now i'm going to enjoy the gp, i feel for ted because i know how i felt on the start line of the final and i'm sure he was the same, and if he beats me on wed will that be called hta? no it'll just mean he was better in that race just as my good race was last night, and as its been said his time will come, he is a great asset for our future, he's a full package, can trap, race and bloody fast!! just as crumpy said let him develop at his pace don't build him up and slam him back down again, wasn't it a few years ago he was written off?

and to Philip addison thank you for that post it meant a lot and i'm pleased to say that myself and simon have well moved on from the u21 days theres a few thing i wish i could change and that is one of them.

i'm sure i'll get slated from some parts for bits of this post but i just wanted put my side over and also to say thank you for all the great support last night it was amazing

David

Edited by dhr

Well I'm changing the advert to I'll be cheering on Bomber in Cardiff!!!! and not because he won last night but because I think Scott Nicholls is a miserable, selfish git!  :approve: 

Shazzybabe-er bird, and there was me thinking that you was

a massive Scotty fan, shame on you!. He probably got out

of the wrong side of the bed yesterday morning, we all do it!!

Really nice post Fourentee. Someone else said David Howe reads this forum sometimes and if you are reading this thread David this post is really meant directly to you personally. I remember seeing you ride after meetings at Peterborough as a youngster and your times were quite incredible, sometimes as fast as the senior race meeting times on a slickened off track. Everyone regarded you in much the same light as Tai Woffinden at the moment and so i watched your career develop with interest. Now i will be honest, after the controversy at Sheffield with Simon Stead in the Under 21 Final you wasn't my favourite rider and to put it mildly i had a negative opinion of you. I know that you have had your problems last season and stuck in there and turned them around, reading others opinions through sheer hard work and guts and determination. Some have had a go at you for having a home track advantage last night. Their problem. You rode absolutely brilliantly and deserved your place at Cardiff, and in my opinion it's even more deserved for the way you stuck at the sport and fought back. I was also impressed with your attitude in all your interviews last night. Whether i was wrong about you or whether you have matured  is not as important as the fact you are now reaping the rewards and having success and it doesn't seem to be going to your head at all, long may that continue. Last night you turned a doubter into a fan. I'm sure i'm not the only one. I'm so pleased you didnt pack it all in and whatever you do at Cardiff i hope you have a superb day and i hope your career goes on from strength to strength now. Good luck David.

Jim Lynch once said to me "Ollie is 16 going on 17, Simon is 16 going on 19 and David is 16 going on 30". This was after Peterborough had won the PL in 1998(I think).

Phil you are spot on. Last night David earned his spurs again injecting life into his previously stalled career. This has been a great turnaround this year and I hope he goes on to even greater things to match his new enthusiasm.

Makes you wonder what he would have done had he joined Edinburgh this year. Pleased he didn't. :lol:

:blink::blink:

EDIT Many thanks and great to see you dhr posting on the forum. Posting at the same time. :)

Edited by Tsunami

Last night you turned a doubter into a fan. I'm sure i'm not the only one.

No you weren't the only one, I have definitely taken a liking to Howe, totally different rider this season as I think I said in my first post and it's for the better.

If you are the girl with the lovely smile can  I  have a picture please !    :P

[Josh will be looking for me at Scunthorpe to give me a black eye now, lol ]

Seriously, if it is you, can i just say the Sexy7Even girls did a superb job looking classy and professional throughout.

Thanks We All Had An Awesome Night.. Yes You Can Have A Photo LOL Im At Wolves Every Monday [Green Startline] & I Will Be At The Rest Of Super7Even Events At Somerset.. Sheffield & Swindon. Josh Won't Do That LOL

first of all i want to say well done to bomber, can't think of any other rider i want to win as much as i do him, we were talking on the podium we been through the same kind of times and the way he pulled it around in last two seasons is amazing.

thank you for all the kind messages, it meant so much to me last night because 12 months ago i found it hard to even get a second never mind in the british final and i still remember the way i felt last year and i still feel very grounded. i said all along my aim was top five because i wanted to get in the qualifiers so everything else was such a bonus, and i wasn't so happy because i was second i was happy because i'm going to the gp and who wouldn't want to ride in that?

as for the home track advantage i'm not going to insult your intelligence by saying that there wasn't any because there is a little, but what i will say is that 90% of british riders love wolves and also the track was very different to normal, there was far more grip on the outside which in effect took away the passing lines that i normally use. also the way round wolves is no big hidden secret, its not like only we know about it, is it? Bomber has figured it out.

i suppose i was in a no win situation, if i did well its home track, if i didn't i buckled under pressure, and let me tell you i nearly did!! people kept telling me your going to win etc etc and i started to think , what am i going to do if i don't?! then after my first ride i thought stop being an idiot and enjoy it.

so now i'm going to enjoy the gp, i feel for ted because i know how i felt on the start line of the final and i'm sure he was the same, and if he beats me on wed will that be called hta? no it'll just mean he was better in that race just as my good race was last night, and as its been said his time will come, he is a great asset for our future, he's a full package, can trap, race and bloody fast!! just as crumpy said let him develop at his pace don't build him up and slam him back down again, wasn't it a few years ago he was written off?

and to Philip addison thank you for that post it meant a lot and i'm pleased to say that myself and simon have well moved on from the u21 days theres a few thing i wish i could change and that is one of them.

i'm sure i'll get slated from some parts for bits of this post but i just wanted put my side over and also to say thank you for all the great support last night it was amazing

David

Full applauds for being a gentlemen and down to earth - I really hope you can produce the goods at Cardiff.

B) who gives a toss, if he was born a pom, then he,s a pom :blink: . i have 2 nephews, born in Hertfordshire. ENGLAND, they moved to aussie land when they where approx 3yrs old, they are now 24yrs old, and still living in aussie land, but you ask them what nationality they are they will say bugger, we are pommie bastads, and proud of it, what the f*^k has a flag got to do with it, it says India on my car tyres but it dont mean i,m indian, :blink:  does it, t*(ts

get off your high horse!!!!

did i criticise or did i state a fact?

bloody hell, these Rye House fans are touchy aren't they :rolleyes:

Shazzybabe-er bird, and there was me thinking that you was

a massive Scotty fan, shame on you!.

Shame on you! Only said I'd cheer him on at Cardiff because Markie not there again!

The super7even girls was Halo one of them?

EDIT** Thought it was you Gem looking stunning as ever :approve:

Edited by shazzybird