British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sandie

Premier League 4 Team Tournament

Folowing the injuries to Havelock and Tressariu Redcar's averages by the cut off date were 25.79.

Sheffields remained at 28.85.

The original rules published on JC's Super 7even website gave the cut off date as April 13th and named Sheffield as the reserve team in the event that one of the qualifying teams became weakened through injury. Redcar's qualifying average was way in excess of 30 points.

Clubs did not have an equal opportunity to qualify for this event, there was disparity between the number of meetings ridden and disparity between team groupings (which put Worky and Kings Lynn in the Midlands).

If this was to be a commercial event then why not seed all 8 teams or to make a long day of it have a race off for a "best of the rest" qualification place(s)

On a Brighter note, whos making the trip to the EOES :D

me :D

Sheffield would have been in to start with as the 8th placed team as I am still to hear any sensible reason for Birmingham being seeded.

Because you can all have a laugh at us when we don't score anything after racing at Berwick the night before! :wink:

Quote SCB

It’s Workington being allowed to stay in that I find a joke! Their top 4 is now Wright, Niemanen, Branney and Carpenesse

How is it? Workington’s top four is Wright, Stonehewer, Branney and Nieminen with Carpenesse at reserve. As someone has already stated it is the team that qualify not the individual riders. It is not possible for Hansen to ride as he is injured obviously and the slot needed to be filled.

As for the comment about one of the riders not having an average. Just because they haven’t rode this year does not mean they don’t have an average. He is part of their team now so what’s the problem. And for the comment about the averages. James could not help being injured and the averages are for riding order not what the Fours have been worked out from.

Quote by Boothers

According to the Star today Redcar were given a deadline of last Friday to indicate whether Gary Havelock would be fit and as we couldn't guarantee this 'Redcar had to pull out under competition rules' Ha Bloody Ha

As far as Redcar is concerned it seems to be their fault if they have not said if Havvy would be fit. Hey could have said no and redeclaired their team and probably have stayed in if they stated Kessler in the team but if they have not done this (which we do not no if they have or not) then there is nothing we can do. I am not saying it is ok for them to be pulled out of the Fours but that’s the way it is.

Also about Mildenhall not being included when they have been in the final twice this is not what it all evolves around. I no it would be nice for them to be in and for every team to have a chance by possibly having the qualifying rounds etc but that is up to the people who run it. What about the year Workington were not in when they won it the year before. Not everything is fair but unfortunately that’s the way it is.

We shall be there! Resplendent in 'First Benders On Tour' T-shirts! :D

That will be a No, No, and Yes then.

No S tar L ady is not 60. No I'm not a teacher, wouldn't have the patience :) Yes I have the utmost respect for any youngster that can construct a reasonable arguement whether I agree with it or not.

Edited by Star Lady

You can have a gold plated Rolls Royce if you pay for it :D

The trouble is with all this is if we have qualifying rounds they will be localised.....Thus one round would have Kings Lynn,Rye House,Mildenhall and probably Somerset...3 of which have made the finals due to averages then you would have Berwick,Newcastle,Edinburgh,Glasgow......!!!!!!

So really and truthfully the only fair way would be to have qualifying rounds but draw teams out of the hat for them...So Kings Lynn v Glasgow v Isle Of Wight v Newport....Great idea!!!!!!!!!...sure the riders would love them.....

All i hear are people moaning about the rules...but any rules brought in will be shot down in flames by someone....So Mr Chapman is in a no win situation......

jaybea

Why is speedway always wanting regions - why couldnt you just draw it out of the hat ala FA Cup style.

Why is speedway always wanting regions - why couldnt you just draw it out of the hat ala FA Cup style.

because the idea of regional groups was to keep costs down, this won't happen if IOW get drawn with Edinburgh, Glasgow and Newcastle for example.

because the idea of regional groups was to keep costs down, this won't happen if IOW get drawn with Edinburgh, Glasgow and Newcastle for example.

I for one hate regional groups, I would get very fed up with the same teams over and over again.

Perhaps Jonathan could have a word about changing the rules in the KO CUP to get sheffield back in that as well :-)

jaybea