British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sandie

Premier League Best Pairs

I must say I do agree with an awful lot of the comments on this topic about the make of the event. The wild card idea is pants & allowing Watto to ride, much as he is a good rider is a poor idea & does nothing for the credibility of a sport already in crisis.

Regarding the staging of the event at Somerset, I can fully understand all the negative comments about it not being neutral & that is very valid, especially given that many of the shared events have been won by the rider(s) from the host track & that the powers that be said they would stage the Super 7 events on neutral tracks. Sadly the the people who run the sport don't always(!) do it that well & they don't listen to the fans either. But will it ever change?

On a positive note, as some have already said, Somerset is a very good venue in terms of it's proximity to Cardiff & whilst I am bias, the track is fantastic & I suspect the racing, if the meeting survives the monsoons we are having at the moment is likely to be some of the best you will see in 2007.

Just heard on Radio Five there is a weather warning for much of England and Wales for the weekend . What's the chances of Somerset getting away with it ? please  :wink:

Pretty good I would say. Just watched the detailed local forecast and although rain is expected overnight and early tomorrow morning its supposed to clear by mid morning. After that it should be quite a pleasant day although there will be a brisk wind and temperatures not very high, so bring warm clothing.

On a positive note, as some have already said, Somerset is a very good venue in terms of it's proximity to Cardiff & whilst I am bias, the track is fantastic & I suspect the racing, if the meeting survives the monsoons we are having at the moment is likely to be some of the best you will see in 2007.

Suns out at the moment... hope it continued till tomorrow, would be great if it does! :) People been saying about holding this event at Somerset is unfair.. so do you think holding it at somewhere like Newport would be good? (Using my very good sourceS) the track at Newport is prepared not very well at all...

I rest my case.

This meeting is an absolute farce :angry: , why is it at somerset and not a neutral venue like the elite pairs was. Theres a clear advantage for zetterstrom and kramer knowing the track more then the other riders. The sooner the super seven series is scrapped the better.

Just shut up :angry: Like I said in a previous post.. You would rather this run on a track like Newport and probably watch gate and win racing? :rolleyes:

Dont like it... Then don't turn up - better for everyone then :)

Just shut up :angry:  Like I said in a previous post.. You would rather this run on a track like Newport and probably watch gate and win racing? :rolleyes:

Dont like it... Then don't turn up - better for everyone then :)

Surely they are just saying they want it at a neutral track? Didn't mention Newport on this post and anyway it wouldn't be a neutral track as they're in the PL. I think telling someone to 'shut up' is totally uncalled for although see my PS at the bottom just in case I've misunderstood previous history!

By all accounts Somerset is a pretty good track that most riders like and a good choice but the fact is that the home team do get a massive advantage. Already one of the best pairs around they become the out and out favourites now which is tough on the King's Lynn and Redcar pairs who perhaps look better on paper otherwise.

Surely an EL track could have been found although if nobody was prepared to run this then fair play to Somerset for standing up and doing it. I hope it's a great meeting although, as always in these events, I really do hope the home team doesn't win it just for credibility and that is nothing personal against Somerset at all.

PS: Apologies if the poster has previously said it should be run at Newport :oops: which obviously changes your reaction somewhat - even if it still seems a little harsh :blink: !

Garry Stead Wristbands will be available @ the meeting tomorrow so dont forget to save £4 all Money raised is going direct to Garry.

Thanks

Sarah

In defence of the meeting

I don't think Somerset will have as much home advantage as some are expecting.

This is a completely different competition to league racing. There'll be up against the best riders in the league in every race not poor second string/reserves as they are in atleast 3 of there usual 5 rides every match.

The track is one of the fairist around.

It's an open book this one.

Pretty good I would say.  Just watched the detailed local forecast and although rain is expected overnight and early tomorrow morning its supposed to clear by mid morning.  After that it should be quite a pleasant day although there will be a brisk wind and temperatures not very high, so bring warm clothing.

I hope it's right B) Not very often I get down that far South and I'll be pretty peeved if I've got to spend friday night in the boozer (Must be the 1st time I've ever said that :P )

Edited by kevcfc

Suns out at the moment... hope it continued till tomorrow, would be great if it does! :) People been saying about holding this event at Somerset is unfair.. so do you think holding it at somewhere like Newport would be good? (Using my very good sourceS) the track at Newport is prepared not very well at all...

I rest my case.

I do not know what source you use but you are wrong how many times you have been to Newport this season

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

Anyone know whose riding with Neath yet??

Leigh Lanham :D ..They would if they could get away with it.......I guess if Both Wuf and Boxall are injured it will have to be the Tommy Gun :D or maybe they wont have another fit rider........no, surely not, it cant be groundhog day