British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sandie

Premier League Best Pairs

I take it you were watching from the back of the beer tent then ?  :P  :D

The Redcar fans won't be happy until the BSPA declare them winners of one of the super7 events! :rolleyes:

Maybe next year they should call them the super8s and have the "Championship of Redcar for teams in Redcar who race speedway", featuring the Redcar Bears A, B, C and D teams and they can race it on the Recar track and demand that there is passing on every bend :blink:

The Redcar fans won't be happy until the BSPA declare them winners of one of the super7 events!  :rolleyes:

Maybe next year they should call them the super8s and have the "Championship of Redcar for teams in Redcar who race speedway", featuring the Redcar Bears A, B, C and D teams and they can race it on the Recar track and demand that there is passing on every bend  :blink:

redcar fans want a reason why they are excluded, as any supporter of any team would if it happened to them

clear rules published before they are put into practice would solve the problem

My views on Oak Tree Arena, thought it was great, ok we were staying at the travel inn down the road and still took over an hour and a half to get there, but that was just bad luck, that can happen anywhere, thought the track was good, ideally placed for Cardiff, and for the wettest June on record “we were lucky there” but I hope they repeat it again in 2008, will defiantly go again…..enjoyed the whole nights racing

If anybody’s interested our night out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MF7Idt3XeM

2007 Premier League Best Pairs Championship

02:41

The Friday before the British SGP we stop off in Somerset to watch the PL Pairs Championship

Congratulations to the Pisle of Shight Hislanders :approve:

always good to see a Scottish team winning a National title :wink:

Congratulations to the Pisle of Shight Hislanders :approve:

always good to see a Scottish team winning a National title :wink:

KJ you are right, it would be good.... ;)

Edited by semion

The tannoy system seemed to be the old version. I was stood on the back straight and everything the announcer said was echoed so you couldn't here what he was saying. I found the racing average and we were very poor.

agree,agree and agree!

definately not the place to take speedway "to another level",however it's proximity to cardiff makes it ideal and i can't argue with the logic behind holding it here or give a better alternative.

I take it you were watching from the back of the beer tent then ? ..............at least you got one bit right !!

Hes a Redcar fan... what do you expect Dave? :D

Grieves having an off night? Strange that... hes always $hit at the OTA :D

definately not the place to take speedway "to another level",however it's proximity to cardiff makes it ideal and i can't argue with the logic behind holding it here or give a better alternative.

Newport

Exactly . Dont get me wrong the Pairs at Somerset was , once i eventually got off the M5 , an enjoyable evening . Great racing , big crowd - so for many the ideal appetizer to start off GP weekend .

But for me it just lacked something and for me that something was the atmosphere of Newport v Glasgow on the night before Cardiff . Ok on the face of it maybe not everyone's cup of tea , but to be there with all the contraversy and good close racing makes it a terrific night out .

I hope and pray the authorities give us this gem on the speedway calender back next year . :D

enjoyed the meeting, even with sheffields pathetic display, and after the first five or so races the racing was very good.

however the stadium itsself is not up to hosting a major PL meeting.

i dont understand how the standing areas can get a H & S certificate when the concrete terracing on th back straight at sheffield can only be used with strict conditions attached to its opening.

if, as JC said, he wants to take the super sevens to the next level another track needs to be found for this event, purly because of the lack of facilities, one perminant toilet for the whole stadium is a bit much.

that said somerset put on a good show on a good track with good racing and hopefully the stadium facilities will be improved in the future.

I agree with you Third Man, the facilities not up to scratch at the moment, but with the new clubhouse being built on turn one hopefully next year there will be a few extra loos ! I do agree 100% with you but I went to Somerset to watch some good racing and the surface was superb the facilities aren't great but at least the racing was. Is there another track close enough to Cardiff which could be used for this event the night before the GP ? Newport maybe, even Perry Barr at a push middle of the country for everyone and good access links onto the M5.

Me and the other half had a cracking day in Weston before heading to the OTA and I must admit this made a fantastic start to the weekend.

JC gets a thumbs up from me on this one !

Not enough toilets hold it at Newport :rolleyes: Have you people been to Newport?

I can think of many reasons to hold it at Newport or Somerset but toilets would not be high on my list of "pros" for either!

Edited by SCB

Never actually been to Newport just thinking about other tracks that could be used as people seem a little 50/50 over the OTA.

I wasn't saying just about toilets, the whole facilities at the OTA was what I was thinking about, as most people didn't seem to impressed.

Never actually been to Newport just thinking about other tracks that could be used as people seem a little 50/50 over the OTA.

I wasn't saying just about toilets, the whole facilities at the OTA was what I was thinking about, as most people didn't seem to impressed.

Facilities wasn't the main concern , after all i go to Ashfield which isn't exactly the Millennium Stadium .

Nope Facilities were fine , track was excellent , racing was superb so on the whole from that point of view it was a success .

My only concern , and how right i was , was the M5 . Now i know what happened last friday was out of Somerset's hands , but the danger of something like that happening was always a threat . We left our hotel in Newport just after 5 . So two and a half hours to travel 30 miles should have been more than enough to allow for traffic jams - dont you believe it . Ht 6 we got in .

Unfortunately , although Somerset was a great venue for the event , the location so near to the M5 madhouse was not .

Unfortunately , although Somerset was a great venue for the event , the location so near to the M5 madhouse was not .

I must say Paulco the circumstances that evening were absolutley exceptional. I grant you the M5 is always busy, but you simply cannot legislate for what happened that Friday night. There were four or five major incidents on the M5 (north & south as well as one almost outside the front gates :cry: ).

I have been officiating at the Oak Tree for 4 or 5 seasons & whilst there have been delays on the M5 from time to time, nothing has come close to June 29th & I think we were just very, very unlucky.

On the positive side I am glad you felt the track was good, we are very lucky @ Somerset as the racing there is top drawer stuff week in, week out.

With regard to the arena, Mike Golding & Bill Hancock have invested an awful lot of time, effort & money & there has been a shedload of work done by volunteers during the winter & our summer :blink: to improve facilities at the venue & that work is continuing.

Rome wasn't built in a day & given that up until the end of last season it was pretty much almost as it was from day one, then the new promotion deserve a lot of credit for what has been done so far.