British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sandie

Premier League Best Pairs

For meetings such as the Pairs, Riders Championship and 4TT does every team have to use the riders at the top of there averages e.g. top 4 averaged riders for 4TT or can they use one outside of the top 4 even if the whole team is available.

up to now its the top two in the averages for pairs and the top four for the fours.

so no choice goes on averages

Don't worry, James Grieves can still get a cold on the day and be replaced ;)

In view of the problems caused by the qualification criteria for the fours can our super 7 organiser come onto this thread and give us the rules for qualification for this competition NOW,

cut off date for averages

minimum number of matches to get a qualification average

what happens if one or both of the pair have to withderaw (or all 7 riders have to withdraw)

what the criteria for the nominated pair will be

if we have this information now it will stop the discussions going on on the fours thread

so come on let us know now

Edited by The Third Man

No answer from Mr Chapman about the selection process for the pairs, perhaps once again we will find out after the selection has been made

No answer from Mr Chapman about the selection process for the pairs, perhaps once again we will find out after the selection has been made

If you are expecting a reply on the forum, I doubt he has even seen the post. I'm pretty sure if you email him, you will get a reply.

I doubt he makes the rules up himself so it's entirely possible that the powers that be ain't decided what they are yet :P

If you are expecting a reply on the forum, I doubt he has even seen the post. I'm pretty sure if you email him, you will get a reply.

I doubt he makes the rules up himself so it's entirely possible that the powers that be ain't decided what they are yet :P

Why he put his comments on about the fours why not this.

If the BSPA dont know the rules yet, then it just leaves things wide open for criticism when the decision is made.

If they know the rules lets have them now, so we all know where we stand.

Have emailed the BSPA but didnt get a reply

I would be very surprised to find us out of the Pairs, I think come the selection on the 1st June we will find that Sheffield will be there.

I would be very surprised to find us out of the Pairs, I think come the selection on the 1st June we will find that Sheffield will be there.

not asking for sheffield, asking for all the PL teams and supporters so we all know where we stand.

not asking for sheffield, asking for all the PL teams and supporters so we all know where we stand.

what would your criteria be?

might be relevant, just wondered what your selection criteria would be as a fan.

might be relevant, just wondered what your selection criteria would be as a fan.

Top 10 pairs according to their averages on whatever date, i wouldnt seed anyone because i cant see whay 1 team should be seeded over another.

would also have a minimum number of matches of at least 3 home and 3 away for a riders averages to count.

once the pairs are selected then that should be it. If a rider gets injured then the next one in that teams averages should take over. Set the cut off date about 1st week in june so riders and fans know what they are doing.

thats it not rocket science so i dont know why we cant have the actual criteria now instead of after the qualifying teams have been announced

Top 10 pairs according to their averages on whatever date, i wouldnt seed anyone because i cant see whay 1 team should be seeded over another.

would also have a minimum number of matches of at least 3 home and 3 away for a riders averages to count.

once the pairs are selected then that should be it. If a rider gets injured then the next one in that teams averages should take over. Set the cut off date about 1st week in june so riders and fans know what they are doing.

thats it not rocket science so i dont know why we cant have the actual criteria now instead of after the qualifying teams have been announced

there you are then ... now email Jonathan Chapman with that and see what he says, then maybe we can wait and see on June 1st cut-off date whats going on.