British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tanya

Prince Of Wales Trophy

I think rather than Burza making a mess of the second corner Sam saw him coming and shut him down pretty hard. Burza then had no need to try and pass a teenager on a mission or Tony on what had become a difficult track. Tony was undoubtedly faster than Sam but the showers had made the dirt line so wet that there was no drive off the outside. All Sam had to do was not get over excited and go into a corner too hard and Tony was left with no chance to go by. To his credit Sam rode the 4 laps without a mistake but it was just a good gate and no disgrace to Tony for being beaten with the track as it was.

Back up a bit sunshine....wind your neck in  :angry:  - my comment was aimed at those who were sayng that SCB should have been at Newport so he could comment on Burza's performance.  SCB had made the decision to choose Sam's meeting over the Newport one - my point stands - Why would anyone, if able to make that decision, choose Newport over Sam's meeting?!  :blink:

Point me in the direction of any post where I commented on anyone being mentally challenged?  :blink:

What difference it makes to someone who lives in Australia is beyond me?!  :rolleyes:

interesting that youve put words in my mouth.

Your entitled to make of my post what you want.

However anyone that knows me there was no disrespect meant (as it clearly wasnt mentioned).

The fact that no one else has mentioned that means your on your own then, which says it all really. 

As it happens id liked to have been at Newport to see David win - but SAM had to have my support that day.

Thats the very point indeed

Well pardon me for breathing. How dare I have a point of view that's different from your own, oh and how dare I post on any subject since I live in Australia.

Lupus, your post of 03:12 am yesterday morning Darwin time said exactly as I quoted, "Why would anybody in their right mind be at Newport rather than at Sam's Meeting?". To me this meant that if you were anywhere else you were Mentally Challenged. Of course that's MY opinion which I believe I'm entitled to, and I took offence, having been a Newport Fan since the first days of Somerton Park and also having been through the throes of Mental Illness. Naturally I responded in my usual inimitable way, i.e. by using Humour to have a Light-hearted Dig at you. I'm not aware of calling you any names or disrespecting Sam in my response, however you see fit to start name-calling in the reply I've quoted above. I also don't believe that where I choose to live should be any impediment to posting on a thread that involves My Old Home Town and disrespects the supporters of the local club.

I'm sure SCB is grown-up enough to make his own decisions, and naturally he'd choose to go and see someone who's entertained him since birth; that's his prerogative, just as it's my prerogative to possess an opinion.

stevebrum, at no point did I put words in your mouth as a careful checking of my posts on the subject will reveal to anyone who takes the time to read and understand them fully. I have tried to follow your posts but to me they're ambiguous, poorly written and full of bad grammar, maybe if you'd re-read them before posting you might have edited out the ambiguities.

The pair of you are, in My Opinion, both extremely parochial and over-sensitive to a fault. Maybe both of you should think more about what you post before throwing insults around willy-nilly. If you want to continue this please feel free to PM me, but please don't insult my country of residence again. By the way I attended TRicky's farewell meeting last year at Wimborne Rd, don't seem to recall anyone questioning the sanity of those who were elsewhere.

Our glowing band of regulars who turn up whatever is on at Newport were there again.

I guess we turn up because we support our team and even if there is the event of the year on at Woverhampton we still go to Newport because there's something going on that we can call our own.  Plus we all like a good drink and chat in the members lounge  :rolleyes:  after the meeting.

well said! :D i consider my self a loyal newport speedway supporter, i have a lot of time for sam ermolenko but in all honesty he's a wolves legend, not a newport legend, now if mr watson had a celebration somewhere else on the same day (god forbid but who knows?)that would test my mettle, as he is a newport legend as anders, frankie,emil (for tanya), scotty, gote, toby, crumpie etc..

so yes i would prefer to be at newport :blink:

if others live nearer wolverhampton i guess its call made by other factors

Why on earth would anyone in their right mind be at Newport rather than at Sam's meeting?!

Obviously a Rhetorical Question. Where do you live, Lupus? Oh, I see. Well you would say that, wouldn't you? So the folks who went to the Under-21 international at Oxford aren't in their right minds either? Anyone who doesn't go to Wolverhampton ditto?

Q. How many Wolverhampton supporters does it take to screw in a Lightbulb?

A. Only one. She just holds up the bulb and the World revolves around her.

Back up a bit sunshine....wind your neck in  - my comment was aimed at those who were sayng that SCB should have been at Newport so he could comment on Burza's performance.  SCB had made the decision to choose Sam's meeting over the Newport one - my point stands - Why would anyone, if able to make that decision, choose Newport over Sam's meeting?!

Point me in the direction of any post where I commented on anyone being mentally challenged? 

What difference it makes to someone who lives in Australia is beyond me?! 

Well pardon me for breathing. How dare I have a point of view that's different from your own, oh and how dare I post on any subject since I live in Australia.

Lupus, your post of 03:12 am yesterday morning Darwin time said exactly as I quoted, "Why would anybody in their right mind be at Newport rather than at Sam's Meeting?". To me this meant that if you were anywhere else you were Mentally Challenged. Of course that's MY opinion which I believe I'm entitled to, and I took offence, having been a Newport Fan since the first days of Somerton Park and also having been through the throes of Mental Illness. Naturally I responded in my usual inimitable way, i.e. by using Humour to have a Light-hearted Dig at you. I'm not aware of calling you any names or disrespecting Sam in my response, however you see fit to start name-calling in the reply I've quoted above. I also don't believe that where I choose to live should be any impediment to posting on a thread that involves My Old Home Town and disrespects the supporters of the local club.

I'm sure SCB is grown-up enough to make his own decisions, and naturally he'd choose to go and see someone who's entertained him since birth; that's his prerogative, just as it's my prerogative to possess an opinion.

stevebrum, at no point did I put words in your mouth as a careful checking of my posts on the subject will reveal to anyone who takes the time to read and understand them fully. I have tried to follow your posts but to me they're ambiguous, poorly written and full of bad grammar, maybe if you'd re-read them before posting you might have edited out the ambiguities.

The pair of you are, in My Opinion, both extremely parochial and over-sensitive to a fault. Maybe both of you should think more about what you post before throwing insults around willy-nilly. If you want to continue this please feel free to PM me, but  please don't insult my country of residence again. By the way I attended TRicky's farewell meeting last year at Wimborne Rd, don't seem to recall anyone  questioning the sanity of those who were elsewhere.

May I firstly suggest you look up the word 'irony' in a dictionary?! :unsure: Who was it who completely over-reacted to my throw away comment about people going to Newport instead of Sam's meeting? :blink: I was answering - as I've already pointed out - a comment by someone who was questioning why SCB went to Wolves instead of Newport.....as you can see from the quotes above, I did not intentioanlly insult anyone and yet you replied with a personal 'attack' on me!

You state above that you replied in 'by using Humour to have a Light-hearted Dig at you.' I think you need to realise that this works both ways! The unfortuante thing about forums like this is that 'humour' may be intended but not always taken as such when written down....let's use an example shall we? Plucking any old phrase out of the air..... ummmm... The phrase "Why on earth would anyone in their right mind be at Newport rather than at Sam's meeting?! ". ;) ....or how about another one...... "What difference it makes to someone who lives in Australia is beyond me?! "......Have you got the point yet? :unsure:

The pair of you are, in My Opinion, both extremely parochial and over-sensitive to a fault. Maybe both of you should think more about what you post before throwing insults around willy-nilly. If you want to continue this please feel free to PM me, but  please don't insult my country of residence again.

Good lord, take a chill pill will you before you have a heart attack!!!

you DID put words into my mouth as you made your own judgement of what you believed i said. The facts are still there however. No amount of spell-checking can change that. :rolleyes:

Its interesting you say me and lupus are over sensitive yes throw accusations around willy nilly also!

Double standards and all that!!!

Maybe you also should think about posting an assumptive reply to any of my posts so i wont have to reply with sarcasm then :approve:

Plus if i do post ambiguisly its not your place to pre-guess what i was saying. Either post an opinion back or dont, its easy.

As for any insults that you feel have been given to you then its quite clear what you need to do - report the poster!

This has been a discussion in my view and has been nothing personal in it - ive not mentioned anything about your country of origin, but even so i dont feel that classes as personal abuse.

We speedway fans are pretty opinionated anyway - doesnt make any one of us superior or inferior to the other.

Have a good day now :neutral:

May I firstly suggest you look up the word 'irony' in a dictionary?!  :unsure:

What are you unsure about? The definition of 'irony'? Probably with good cause. I suggest you look it up as it might not mean what you think it means.

I was answering - as I've already pointed out - a comment by someone who was questioning why SCB went to Wolves instead of Newport.....

Except no one questioned why SCB went to Wolves instead of Newport before you made your comment. And in the post where you made the comment the bit of the quote you highlighted was aimed at Silver Bee.

i·ro·ny1 [ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-]

1. the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.

2. Literature. a. a technique of indicating, as through character or plot development, an intention or attitude opposite to that which is actually or ostensibly stated.

b. (esp. in contemporary writing) a manner of organizing a work so as to give full expression to contradictory or complementary impulses, attitudes, etc., esp. as a means of indicating detachment from a subject, theme, or emotion.

3. Socratic irony.

4. dramatic irony.

5. an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.

6. the incongruity of this.

7. an objectively sardonic style of speech or writing.

8. an objectively or humorously sardonic utterance, disposition, quality, etc.

I beleive my use of the word 'iorny' fits the above highlighted definitions! :blink:

Except no one questioned why SCB went to Wolves instead of Newport before you made your comment. And in the post where you made the comment the bit of the  quote you highlighted was aimed at Silver Bee.

Well actually had you been there today you would have seen how well he did -  If SCB had been there today he would have been able to have given a great description as to how he rode and a truthful one at that.      Respect .......

Firstly, what the hell do I have to do with it?  I've not commented.

BTW, maybe I was not there because you told me not to bother?  Or maybe I was not there because I was giving a guy who has entertained me all my life (22 years) as a speedway rider, rather than going to give a guy who has provided me with somewhere to be entertained for 10 years (tho in you case it's about 2 years I believe, so you'd not apreciate the likes of Sam Ermolenko and just how truely great he has been and what he means to long time speedway fans)

Obvioulsy SCB thought the same as I did - that the post by newportspeedwayhh was a 'dig' at him for not attending the meeting at Newport....oh and all the above posts came before my first one by the way! :blink:

How about another dictionary search for the word 'pedant'! :P

Well actually had you been there today you would have seen how well he did -  If SCB had been there today he would have been able to have given a great description as to how he rode and a truthful one at that.      Respect .......

Obvioulsy SCB thought the same as I did - that the post by newportspeedwayhh was a 'dig' at him for not attending the meeting at Newport....oh and all the above posts came before my first one by the way!  :blink:

How about another dictionary search for the word 'pedant'!  :P

You quoted the post and I've quoted the post. Please point out where it criticises SCB for being at Wolverhampton. All it says was if he was at Newport he would've been able to give a great description of how Burza rode.

If anything it's a compliment.

ped·ant /ˈpɛdnt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ped-nt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun 1. a person who makes an excessive or inappropriate display of learning.

2. a person who overemphasizes rules or minor details.

3. a person who adheres rigidly to book knowledge without regard to common sense.

4. Obsolete. a schoolmaster.

There's nothing pendantic about being right.

If we're looking at dictionaries may I suggest 'reading' and 'comprehension'.

...and I thought "Pendantic" meant "hanging round the neck of". Its all Noose to me!

Its hard to have a debate with some folks, but you have to keep the faith.

Cheers, Stoaty.

You quoted the post and I've quoted the post. Please point out where it criticises SCB for being at Wolverhampton. All it says was if he was at Newport he would've been able to give a great description of how Burza rode.

If anything it's a compliment.

ped·ant      /ˈpɛdnt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ped-nt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun 1. a person who makes an excessive or inappropriate display of learning. 

2. a person who overemphasizes rules or minor details

3. a person who adheres rigidly to book knowledge without regard to common sense. 

4. Obsolete. a schoolmaster. 

Seems about right to me! :P

Shawn obviously thought it was adig at him and I took my cue from that - the fact that my original post was only tongue in cheek has obviously passed everyone by so I'll not bother visiting this thread again! :rolleyes:

I've had my adversarial ding dongs with a couple of people on here in the past but this is taking the biscuit.

Any chance of a comment on the subject matter now? :D

Seems about right to me!  :P

Shawn obviously thought it was adig at him and I took my cue from that - the fact that my original post was only tongue in cheek has obviously passed everyone by so I'll not bother visiting this thread again!  :rolleyes:

tongue in cheek fails everytime on here Lupus. My posts have been misunderstood for years!! :rolleyes:

Any chance of a comment on the subject matter now? :D

Now you're just being pedantic - I think that's the right word, anybody got a dictionary? :)

Anyway I am glad I went to Newport as I might have embarassed myself among the English professors at Wolverhampton.