British Speedway Forum
shazzybird

3rd Time Lucky Canterbury Crusaders!

Kev we rely on you and Raven for all the information match wise from Canterbury!

now you should know all the meeting info people need was that all meetings were entertaining,a fact sadly too often overlooked these days at meetings :!: .Why is it still funny to see the rockets lose at home even after all this time? :lol:

Sorry mbbunyan, I can't remember Rye House being one of our arch enemies, I always thought it was just Eastbourne...........who are they?

Maybe Unc. Riding for Rye House made me blind of this 8)

An extract from Eastbourne prog previewing next match."The Crusaders are also likely to use another Kestrel `86 in Richard Pettman-who will line up at reserve alongside rookie Steve Hone." Anyway just wanted to ask how many times you rode at Plough Lane?Going through my old programmes i see you rode in a NJL South Meeting in 86 and again in 87 .found another in89 for Exeter.Probably missed a few,thought you rode in the first team as well.

if you want to know how many times i rode at Plough Lane i couldn't tell you...

i was born in Wimbledon and when i started riding i would nip round in my lunch break to see Cyril Maidment to ask if i could have a couple of laps after the meeting. normally run out of time so it wasn't very often but enjoyed riding against Wimbledon. always seemed to be extra pressure on me as i was a supporters club member for years before and knew all the first bend loonies.

my happiest times were at Canterbury beating Wimbledon riders like Jay Pleece, Mark Fordham, Phil Vance etc

People on here have slated my riding but the first time i sat on a bike was when i was 17... never did grasstrack as most of the riders i was up against had been doing since they were kids

People on here have slated my riding but the first time i sat on a bike was when i was 17... never did grasstrack as most of the riders i was up against had been doing since they were kids
Why have people slated your riding? At the end of the day they've probably never had the balls to sit on a bike let alone race one. You did, who's the winner?

shazzybird its a shot in the dark, but did you ever know lynn morley or wendy potts.

Both of them.. so chances are we have met then if you know them. Lynn has posted on here a couple of times & Wendy I see every now and then her parents still live just along the road from my parents.

Why have people slated your riding? At the end of the day they've probably never had the balls to sit on a bike

I'm always slating Honey for his riding mainly because I can and I can get away with it most of the time :!: oh and no I don't have balls :? but have been on a bike..........several times :lol:;) Before any of you start on about the forum fun day...........forget it :!: :!:

it wasn't you i was talking about Shazz....

I was just saying I do it....... because I can. In other words no one else has a good enough excuse to do so :lol:

I was just following blindly....... :twisted:

Have just completed an update on the web site. www.canterburycrusaders.co.uk I've added a few more bits of info etc.

I have recieved a few new photos from Shirley Shilleto, of Brendon and a few others. A few of the names are missing so if anybody can shed some light on these it would be helpful.

Great to see the site improving all the time Sidecar - Great Job.

Pic 3 - Brendon leads from (I think Steve Koppe)

Pic 5 - Look at the crowd behind Barney - Halcyon days indeed - Prospective promoters look at the potential we have at Canterbury - go on, take a chance!!!!!