British Speedway Forum
shazzybird

3rd Time Lucky Canterbury Crusaders!

I didn't meet him at Hoddesdon, it was at the VSRA Eastern Region dinner in Norwich. He was there with Kelvin Mullarkey. He's a very nice man too.

I didn't meet him at Hoddesdon, it was at the VSRA Eastern Region dinner in Norwich. He was there with Kelvin Mullarkey. He's a very nice man too.

I feel at a dissadvantage !!!!!!, was at the lunch myself yesterday but not knowing you I could not make myself known to you, maybe our paths will cross again sometime, maybe at the VSRA dinner in March!!!!!!!

Had a brilliant day yesterday

He kept that one quiet from me, never mind will see you hopefully at the Coventry vsra Norbold xx

Sorry I missed you. I was the one trying to flog a few books! :lol:

We did meet then, were you on table 12.

Of course. If only you'd said you were Team Man.....I'll have to add you to Forum Memebrs I have met.

And another thing....If you let me have your e-mail address Team Man I can send you a photo you might find interesting..........

Of course. If only you'd said you were Team Man.....I'll have to add you to Forum Memebrs I have met.

And another thing....If you let me have your e-mail address Team Man I can send you a photo you might find interesting..........

E-mail is Thordell@aol.com I thought I had put it on my profile,will have to look into it

:evil: I've just typed a load for here then I timed out and the bloody thing has disappeared :evil: there must be something that can be done about this :?:

This is the time of year when I feel totally left out of speedway, all the fans are chatting about their end of season escapades and their Dinner/Dances. A lot of Canterbury fans have found other tracks to follow Dick & Les they are Edinburgh, Kev H he's gone to Oxford, Steve Hone well he's has about 4 to choose from where he is! and me so rumour has it has gone to Eastbourne (yeah right!)

A bit of trivia for you Canterbury Fans :

Our last Dinner where was it held?

can't remember where it was but i remember i had both arms in plaster and had to be fed :oops: (both wrists and an arm broken)

also still have the engraved glass we were all presented with

Sorry Honey ........ thought someone would think of the place @ Hersden. You couldn't have been at the final Canterbury Speedway Dinner then could you?? :lol:

The one you have mentioned was the year that Canterbury was sold down the river for a dog track........ that would be 1987 :!:

is that a dig because i didn't invite you ? :evil:

:lol: Not at all, didn't really expect you to reply so quickly but guessed that most people would think of Hersden as it was held there for some years, the final was held somewhere completely different but where was it? anyone who at the time had any interest in Speedway in Kent should have been there.

Canterbury has memories for me...... first I spent a good part of my army service there, but there was no speedway there then, spent a lot of time in a cafe called "The Singing Kettle" just opposite the Barrack gates.but I did go back there to the track in the early 80's with the Milton Keynes Knights as mechanic,I remember Johnny Hoskins coming round to the pits to welcome us.

And one big bath for the whole team to jump into after the match.

and me so rumour has it has gone to Eastbourne (yeah right!)

The evidence suggests otherwise Shazz :P ;-)