British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Highlander

Under 21 Line Ups

But as I said earlir - it also gave Scunthorpe riders  a disadvantage. More Scunthorpe riders MAY have qualified if they had ridden on different tracks.

Simon Lambert I think has only ridden one less meeting on our track this season than the Scunny riders ( and I'm not sure whether he trains at Scunthorpe because I don't live there - if so he will have ridden the track more than some of our riders) I can't say about the other riders - all riders have off days - home or away - anyway.

Your missing the point, although Simon has ridden there so many times this season, he is not racing at the track week in week out, where as Tully, Woffy, Auty, Haines, Dennis and Richardson are,

These riders have a home advantage, firstly from crowd support, secondly from home track awarness, and thridly they will know exactly what their bike set up should be!

But just another thing, Scunthorpe often over water the track as was seen at Boston, but isnt it strange that in this meeting all their home riders were off inside gates early on in the meeting!

It's anew season so if this sort of comment was made in August or something I'd agree with you - but after only 2 home meetings.

How can half our team be practising at Scunny each week when they are racing in the PL? Tully lives in Scotland, Tai has been in Oz all winter, Auty is studying like mad.

I do agree about home support but we do cheer and applaud all riders, we just don't use our airhorns or whistles at them - which is quite the usual way of things.

Jamie Robertson pulled out and one of the reserves took his place and another tok ?Charles Wrights if I remember correctly.

I've just noticed in this weeks "Star" that the Scunthorpe round has no fewer than seven home riders taking part. The Weymouth round has four home riders listed. Surely in fairness the riders should have been a bit more spread out. Scunthorpe for example could have had three at home two at Weymouth and two at Plymouth. In my opinion it opens up two things. 1. Home riders at this level having too much of an advantage and 2 Team mates looking out for one another to ensure an easier passage. If there is a reason for this I'd love to know it.

Well aparrantly all draws were done out of a hat, but in my opinion.... I think Peter Oakes has done something to ensure his Brits (Auty Woffy) do well to get them to prgress quicker and full of confidence as they both continue to ride Internatally!

I do believe a rider from Scunthorpe was to ride in the Plymouth draw, but it was reported it was to far to travel so a reserve took his place. And that rider just happend to be riding today at Scunthorpe. So why if he did not ride his allocated spot was he allowed to take another which was at his home track.

Well fair enough, it may of been too far for Richie Dennis to travel from Spalding to Plymouth, but Peter Oakes then reportedly asked Cal McDade to ride at Plymouth in his place. who lives up in Glasgow. Thats taking the buscuit.

Now that Tai has competed in and more importantly qualified for the Final of the British Under 21s (and who would bet against him winning the Final..: I wouldn't..!!): then surely this must end the 'debate' about whether he is to compete on the international scene as a Brit or an Aussie...

As the British Under 21s is the route onto the World Under 21s (and Tai's a near certainity to progress to them), then surely he has nailed his colours (red, white & blue!!) to the British mast...??! :unsure:

Or has he..??  Let's note for future reference that young Brits like Andrew Tully missed out of the 2007 GB Final; so it was would be a poor state of affairs if indeed someone who opted later to ride for another country progressed at their expense..??  :rolleyes:

Firstly, I think you must be stupid to think that Woffy wil progress as no way will he beat Bridger round Eastbourne, Nor Eddie Kennet, Nor Daniel King, Nor Ben Wilson,

Benji came 4th didnt he? go benji!! And good luck in the run-off dude!

It surley does mean Tai is riding for Britain? with him being in the british under-21 final?

Well done Tai, Josh and Jamie!

At the end of the day, as soon as Woffy gets good enough for Auz, he will, without a doubt ride for them rather than GB, to me its pointless him being in the team as he will dump us as soon as he gets the opportunity.