British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BigFatDave

2007 Swc - Who's In For Who?

In case you're getting bored with the Pommycentric thread this one's for the Rest of the World, and here's the Latest on the Greatest, from http://www.speedwaybikeaustralia.com/

BOYCE CONFIDENT FOR WORLD TEAM CUP - Posted 18 May, 2007

Australian Team Manager Craig Boyce says his squad for this year's WTC, which comes to its climax at Poland's Leszno circuit, is coming together nicely. He said; "Barring injury I think the top four pick themselves. It will be Leigh Adams (Captain), Jason Crump, Ryan Sullivan and Rory Schlein. We actually take six riders with us and i'd imagine our fifth and sixth riders will come from Davey Watt, Adam Shields and possibly even Chris Holder (Premier League).

All three of those boys at the bottom end have various strengths and weaknesses and it will just depend on how they are travelling at the time.

IMHO Doolan and Batchelor are also in the mix for SWC. That takes care of Oz, Denmark just about picks itself; what about Sweden, Poland, USA etc. What about the "Minnows"?

Edited by BigFatDave

J.Crump, L.Adams, R.Schlein, R.Sullivan, A.Shields, D.Watt - strong line-up for the Aussies.

I guess the weak-looking Sweden squad will be - A.Jonsson, P.Karlsson, F.Lindgren, A.Lindbäck, J.Davidsson and either P.Ljung or M.Max

Denmark, by far the best nation - N.Pedersen, H.Andersen, B.Pedersen, N-K.Iversen, K.Bjerre and either C.Gjedde or J.B.Jensen

U.S.A will struggle to make a squad, as usual - G.Hancock, B.Hamill, B.Janniro, R.Correy, R.Fisher, B.Yarrow

Poland is likely to be T.Gollob, J.Hampel, W.Jaguś, R.Holta, K.Kasprzak and one of these three...S.Ułamek, G.Walasek or D.Baliński

Czech's should be L.Dryml, A.Dryml, Z.Simota, F.Sitera, L.Tomicek, M.Kus

...and the plucky Brits :P S.Nicholls, C.Harris, L.Richardson, S.Stead, E.Kennett and either D.Howe or J.Screen

Well as one of the "minnows" Germany have selected Smolinski,Hefenbrock,Kroner and Matze Schultz so far.I would expect Kevin Wölbert to be the last one.With maybe Stange as reserve

U.S.A will struggle to make a squad, as usual - G.Hancock, B.Hamill, B.Janniro, R.Correy, R.Fisher, B.Yarrow

I dont believe Billy H is putting himself forward this year.

Not becasue he cant cut it but I understand he doesnt agree with the in-house politics within the AMA these days.

But we wait and see if he bows to public pressure.

Doesn't Billy also have issues with BSI/IMG? He missed a SWC a few years ago because of it, I think.

SWC is getting a bit of a farce with some of these weak teams now. Think they should maybe just seed two teams straight into the final then 4 other teams battle out for the other two places.

Didnt Billy comment on how much he enjoyed riding in the competiton last year tho?

What about Tomas Topinka??

Don't think he's all that bothered as I remember him saying something about a fall out with Czech management/government or something and they refused to allow him to ride for/in his nation.

SWC is getting a bit of a farce with some of these weak teams now. Think they should maybe just seed two teams straight into the final then 4 other teams battle out for the other two places.

so, which 2 are you going to seed?

Denmark and.........

so, which 2 are you going to seed?

Denmark and.........

If seeding were to take place then the defending champions should be seeded along with the country where the final will take place whether that be Poland, Britain, Sweden, Germany, Czech Republic.

If for instance the final is to be held in the country of the defending champions then whoever was runner up the previous year should be the nation who is seeded.

[Australian Team Manager Craig Boyce says his squad for this year's WTC, which comes to its climax at Poland's Leszno circuit, is coming together nicely. He said; "Barring injury I think the top four pick themselves. It will be Leigh Adams (Captain), Jason Crump, Ryan Sullivan and Rory Schlein. We actually take six riders with us and i'd imagine our fifth and sixth riders will come from Davey Watt, Adam Shields and possibly even Chris Holder (Premier League).

Surely the Australia #3 would have to come into contention.

Surely the Australia #3 would have to come into contention.

...and he's just coming into some form as well!

I have to take exception to the comments of Rob B re SWC becoming a farce - some of the finest racing I've seen has been in it, and not just from the Big Six either. Only seed two? Let's see - who do you leave out? I think the format as it is is fine - after all it works, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I would say Chris Kerr it a stick on the in the U.S.A. team , also think Holder should be in front of Watt for Oz.

Plus Franc will be in the Czech team.

Edited by wjm