British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
M08

Wieslaw Jagus

Nasty looking crash but definitely a racing incident with no malice from Nicki in my opinion.

We thought Bjarne was very lucky to come away, hopefully, unscathed. Imagine Crump and Bjarne both being injured!!

As said before Jagus had to be withdrawn with concussion whereas it was Nickis own decision to ride through the pain barrier.

Lets hope all 3 riders plus Crump don't have serious injuries and aren't too bruised and battered in the morning.

Hear! Hear! I am sure they are all battered and bruised, but hope their injuries aren't too serious.

My thoughts are with all four riders.

There is another GP rider that may well not be turning up for his team again as well, though not because of unjury.

Who is that? I haven't heard any rumours....what have I missed? :unsure:

According to Jagus' website, he has broken his finger and had a concussion.

Torun are gonna do RR for him today.

According to Jagus' website, he has broken his finger and had a concussion.

Torun are gonna do RR for him today.

I wonder what would have happened if it was Nicki or Jason that was stopped from racing due to "medical advice".......I bet Ole would have pleaded their case.......and let them race.

Lupas is dead right on this one thou nicki never meant to hurt anyone his move was reckless to said the least his front wheel was on the kerb not a white line and when it came off his back wheel hit it and sent him smashing into the others .

It was a dumb and dangerous move and nicki was at fault end of .

Yes, Nicki caused the crash, and he was rightly excluded from the re-run. To look any deeper than a racing mistake is a nonsense though. There was nothing malicious or cynical about the move, it was simply bad luck....He picked up drive and lost control, just like Jason did when he fell.

Oh yeah Nicki's fault, he was excluded for it lol

Huge shame it peed up Jagus's night!

Nicki's move was unnecessarily desperate. But as you said, it's ridiculous to call it malicious or even dangerous. Just one of those things.

As for the track, I disagree. Track was fine when slick on the inside and grippy outside...right up until the semi's when they completely ruined it by giving the inside the grip !  :rolleyes:

I'm a big fan of Nicki's fully committed racing style but I thought he was at fault for the crash as his front wheel was over the white line.

His rear wheel clipped the kerb which straightened him up and the melee unfolded from that.

It was a racing accident and Nicki was rightly excluded

Shame that Jagus took the brunt of it all by being forced to crash then being made withdraw from the meeting - though in hindsight he might well thank the medics for doing that - or perhaps not

Now you see - all of the above people are saying pretty much what I said! I did NOT say that he deliberately or maliciously took Jagus off - I did say that the move he made was reckless and ill advised but I did NOT say it was deliberate!

:rolleyes:

Now you see - all of the above people are saying pretty much what I said!  I did NOT say that he deliberately or maliciously took Jagus off - I did say that the move he made was reckless and ill advised but I did NOT say it was deliberate! 

A bit of licence in that statement. Apart from you and orion, just about everyone else is stating that it was just a racing accident pure and simple. He tried a manouver that happens every meeting/race at Peterborough, as Star Lady has said, but caught the kerbing and paid the price. Nicki excluded, end of. :)

If it had been Bjarne, Lee, Mark there would not have been a problem or this 'debate'. :)

:blink::blink:

A bit of licence in that statement. Apart from you and orion, just about everyone else is stating that it was just a racing accident pure and simple. He tried a manouver that happens every meeting/race at Peterborough, as Star Lady has said, but caught the kerbing and paid the price. Nicki excluded, end of. :)

If it had been Bjarne, Lee, Mark there would not have been a problem or this 'debate'.  :)

:blink:  :blink:

Bjarne lee or mark would not have done it putting your front wheel on a raised kerb is stupid .

Just because riders can get away with at boro don't mean you can do it at any other track .

So, I guess you are happy now Lupus!!! :D

Thank God for that :P

Now, back to the first post of the thread -

Wieslaw Jagus

Wieslaw has very much impressed me in this season's GP's - so surely it's time for a Promoter in this country to get him over here to race?

Last year at Bydgoszcz, Nikki (my daughter, not the GP rider!) said he was the name to watch and if she was a gambling girl she would put her money there. :D

Well, she was right and he has impressed on numerous occassions. I would love it if an Elite club picked up on him, as it would be great to see him ride on a regular basis. :)

If it had been Bjarne, Lee, Mark there would not have been a problem or this 'debate'.  :)

There's no kerb at Peterborough.

I wonder what would have happened if it was Nicki or Jason that was stopped from racing due to "medical advice".......I bet Ole would have pleaded their case.......and let them race.

In which case Ole would have been an idiot.

Medics have no axe to grind, simply the best interests of their patient, whether it be the world number one or a humble reserve.

There's no kerb at Peterborough.

I was just going to say that Grachan. It's long been a complaint by many that there IS no kerb at P'boro. Away riders hug the white line and the Boro riders 'grasstrack' and get underneath them. The reason this doesn't happen at other tracks is precisely because there IS a kerb! We're not talking about a wobbly junior here, we're talking about a rider who has won one world title and is quids in for a second - he should know better!

Nicki went for the big one ON the kerbing, ballsed up and caused a big accident, silly arse! No he didn't mean to do it but made a bad decision to ride the kerbing in the first place

In 1990 at the World Pairs in Landshut, Hans Nielsen pulled a similar move to Nick last night. Pulling his front wheel and most of his bike over the kerb to gain an advantage on his opponents, his back wheel caught the kerb collecting more traction then even 'The Professor' could handle resulting in skittling most of his oponents - it was carnage. That was in a 6 man race (Denmark, Australia and Germany), and I think both Germans came off worst Gerd Riss and I think Klaus Lausch. Pretty sure one of the Germans suffered a broken leg. In fact I'm sure that 5 of the 6 men ended up on the floor, and that Mike Patrick caught it on film in his 'Snap' book. It was the same meeting that Simon Cross crushed a couple of vertabrae in a separate incident at a time a tyime in hi9s career when he was flying. This of course all pre air-fence days, and the fence at Landshut was solid wood.

The point here is that with tracks that have inside lines made of concrete kerbs, allowing riders to get the front wheel over we will alway carry this risk. As mentioned Peterborough and temporary tracks do not suffer this problem as concrete is not used.

Its only going to be a once in a blue moon event, but last nights spill whilst dramatic could have been a whole lot worse.

The answer ? kerbs at all tracks and mandate via a rule change that no part of the bike crosses then line ? make the kerbs high enough like at Brandon so that its impossible to use at as an advantage ? Remove all kerbs and run the risk of riders cutting the corners. This would have to be refereed appropriatley.

Glad that all are up and about, albeit feeling very second hand.

pedersen lost control yes but if jonsson or adams etc had done it would they receive this much stick? of course not

Very doubtful. :rolleyes:

pedersens a class act. if his ribs are broken and he still makes the final so soon after the impact of the crash then fair play, thats 150% dedication and what we need in the sport.

He certainly is, whether most like it or not, and with two grand prix wins so far under his belt there was no way he was going to give up on trying to claim this one too. Unfortunately this time he didn't, but fair play to him for taking himself through the pain barrier to at least have a go. :approve: