British Speedway Forum
LordGriff

Hackney Speedway Photo

Hi - a plea to any old Hackney fans out there.

I found this photo on there website - does anyone recognise any of the fans ?

4kw60dl.jpg

Edited by LordGriff

Top row, far right looks like the mother in law..... :blink::lol:

Ah - the Infamous Kestrelettes who appeared for one night only at a local derby against Arena Essex.

To start you off - that flat cap can be seen on the terraces at Rye House every racenight nowadays eh Tadpole? :wink::lol:

Ah - the Infamous Kestrelettes who appeared for one night only at a local derby against Arena Essex.

To start you off - that flat cap can be seen on the terraces at Rye House every racenight nowadays eh Tadpole?  :wink:  :lol:

L-R Williams, Russell, Pavitt, Goldeing, Galvin; .........

I think bottom row, middle, could be John Perry.

I think bottom row, middle, could be John Perry.

Two more for you - back left as you look at photo is Ken Irvine who sadly died some years ago and back right is Don Barker whose son Graham had a go at riding speedway.

Bryn

Two more for you - back left as you look at photo is Ken Irvine who sadly died some years ago and back right is Don Barker whose son Graham had a go at riding speedway.

Bryn

Thanks to you all for your help.

Bryn - Ken Irvine's my dad and I found this photo whilst doing some research on Hackney.

My elder brother Mark, who was a regular over Hackney, couldnt recognise any of the faces, so I thought I would use the forum to track down the others in the photo !

Edited by LordGriff

To start you off - that flat cap can be seen on the terraces at Rye House every racenight nowadays eh Tadpole?  :wink:  :lol:

The Kestrelettes! I think we looked quite good in that picture actually Bryn. I do confess however that I had a false bust. Still got the flat cap and it does have occasional outings still.

I recall that our group of Kestrellettes but apart from Don Barker and Ken Irvine I’ve not got any names on the others. I know Dave Pavitt was invited to join the busty girls but he declined at the last moment, can’t imagine why!

This picture actually I have to thank Dick Jarvis for. Can you believe this picture was on sale at the Brighton indoor a few years ago and he, yes Dick Jarvis bought it! He did pass it on to me at no cost and I thank him for that. I decided to put it on the reunion website to stop anyone trying to blackmail me!

Talking of the reunion website I’m in the middle of making a few changes to it. There’s a lovely tribute to Toni Kasper by his friend and former mechanic Chris Callaghan, really worth a read, www.hackneyreunion.com

Hackney Speedway, gone into deep thought now about those wonderful Friday nights at Hackney, ah………………………………………………………………………….

Room for a little one Paul, think I'll join you after looking at the reunion site again :approve: