British Speedway Forum

perhaps next year we can hold all 7 at KL and we could have a welsh GP at cardiff and an english one at KL to complete the set

I doubt that Cardiff would try to compete with Mr Chapman, and that all the Scottish fans would understand that a Scottish Grand Prix should be at a neutral venue.

As far as I'm concerned this was the final straw

Goodbye and good riddance

I heard that Kings Lynn have bought the airfence from Oxford

Well, that is strange as according to Aaron Lanney on Radio Oxford, he said they have kept the Oxford air-fence and it is safely stored away.

Did anyone else hear him say that?

Edited by Pollyanna

Its officilal...speedway does not exist beyond wolverhamton as far as the BSPA is concerned.

super 7 might be a good concept but fans north of manchester have been completely stuffed as far as getting to one of the meetings.

keep going the sport should be dead in 4yrs with these clowns in charge (enjoy your glory) :sad:

Agree with you and Kings Lynn is a heck of an outlandish place to get to from Bournemouth!

Remember the organiser of these events is one Jonathan Chapman, co-promoter of .......Kings Lynn!

".......................but no-one knows the reasons for change............"

Quite. Bit of a recurring theme in speedway these days I feel.........................

So 3rd man you work for nothing do you ? if not why would u expect others to ?........ So its been taken away from Sheffield, No i dont have the figues for any Speedway matches :(does anyone) :D

I guess the prove of the pudding will be at the end of the season, when the other promoters get there cut and if they are happy. If not, im sure there will be loads of People stepping forward to take it on. ( yeah right !!!) ;)

Would be great to see Kev back. Not sure about Troy's chances of overtaking Crumpy and Bjarne in the Poole averages though :lol:

But where do you suggest holding it? they cant use Sheffield for whatever reason and Kirky lane isnt in the best shape track wise at the mo, nor would it provide a neutral venue.

I am extremely down-heartened by all this JC bull.

As has been hinted previously, the northern clubs now have a long way to travel to watch the event which has conveniently found itself moved to JCs.

I have no gripes about the KL track it must be said. (Although all the PL teams seem to have problems with riding it! :):) )

My problem is that the JC show has now held all the super 7even events down south. meaning a rediculous amount of travelling costs for Glasgow, Edinburgh, Berwick, Newcastle, Redcar and Workington fans. And to a lesser extent, Sheffield, Stoke and Belle Vue. On top of these there are also the northern CL teams.

To me that is a lot of fans not being catered for!!!

Its officilal...speedway does not exist beyond wolverhamton as far as the BSPA is concerned.

super 7 might be a good concept but fans north of manchester have been completely stuffed as far as getting to one of the meetings.

keep going the sport should be dead in 4yrs with these clowns in charge (enjoy your glory) :sad:

And which neutral PL track would you suggest it was held at?

Wherever it's held there will always be unhappy bunnies because of travelling etc. No win situation AFAIC.

as has already been mentioned, the Chapman's own their stadium so are in a good position to say what happens in that stadium on any particular day.

if another stadium was to be found for that Thursday night who could accomodate?

so many tracks have to consider other events ... i would love to see it at Peterborough, but as it's a showground they have to fit in with everything else, hence no meetings for a couple of weeks.

Birmingham ... they would have to get the stadium for the Thursday, and by all accounts it's bad enough getting it for a Wednesday.

how many promoters own their stadium and could seriously put on the ELRC at fairly short notice?

with regards to Neil Machin, he's part of the BSPA so did he not realise that all EL meetings have to have an airfence?

i know people are saying that this meeting and that meeting didn't have one, but as this is an EL meeting, it would surely have to.

you'd think he might have spoke up at the time it was agreed, after all, i bet he wasn't just told he was having the ELRC and there were no discussions.

when Kings Lynn put on the EL Pairs, they had to go down to Eastbourne the night before to collect their air fence to borrow, i expect something like this will have to happen again.

airfences are not generic, they do not fit all types of fence, these have to be the right type, so it's not always just a case of saying they could have just gone and got Oxford's.

Should have had it at rye, i'm sure Uncle Lens "FIM" certified track could have coped. :wink:

First off I am no JC, hater, and I have always supported him, and don't want to crictise on this matter. The only thing I would say that if Sheffield cannot stage it I would have like to have seen it run somewhere else.

At the moment nobody knows exactly why it has been moved, we are all guessing that it is air fence, which I think it probably the real reason.

As a Sheffield fan we look forward to the showpiece meetings, and to see all the top Elite stars roaring around Sheffield is a real sickner.

What ever the real reason, someone is to blame, was it JC who failed to Neil Machin about the air fence, is Neil Machin to blame for knowing that he needs an airfence, but just ignoring it, or is the Man in the Moon. I don't care someone is to blame, and I want to at least say that they are sorry for it.

they're not run by the chipmunks!

[/b] Exactly! Jonathan Chapman, organiser of the Super7even series and co=promoter of Kings Lynn.

ELRC moved to .......Kings Lynn!

Nothing in the north of England then!! :angry:

Easier for me to get to Sheffield than the outlandish Kings Lynn from Bournemouth. Shan't be going to this then.

Edited by Pollyanna

Dissapointed as owlerton is for the worlds best, wonder the reasons behind this. :neutral:

Actually last time ELRC was at Sheffield, was terrible racing until the final.

As has been hinted previously, the northern clubs now have a long way to travel to watch the event which has conveniently found itself moved to JCs.

I have no gripes about the KL track it must be said. (Although all the PL teams seem to have problems with riding it!  :)  :)  )

My problem is that the JC show has now held all the super 7even events down south. meaning a rediculous amount of travelling costs for Glasgow, Edinburgh, Berwick, Newcastle, Redcar and Workington fans. And to a lesser extent, Sheffield, Stoke and Belle Vue. On top of these there are also the northern CL teams.

To me that is a lot of fans not being catered for!!!

Think you do need to look at the bigger picture though.

Considering they decided to hold the majority of the meetings on neutral venues, it was always going to be case. With only Belle Vue being a northern club in the EL, would a neutral venue such as Glasgow, Newcastle or Redcar generate a big enough crowd? It's a long way to go from Poole (who regularly have the biggest crowds in the whole country! :P ).

It's a shame it got changed at all, as Sheffield can be a cracking racetrack on its day, but which other tracks would have been available on the Thursday?

If whatever reason  Sheffield cant  hold the ELRC, then what  better track to take to than Kings Lynn. Its regarded by all the top boys as  one of the fairest and most raceable there is,  so what the big problem ?

Also  these events are BSPA so all the profits go there and are then re-distriburted out to all the clubs.

So find something worth moaning about guys, and lets  hope it s a big success for all our clubs.

Notice that you live in Norwich. :rolleyes: