British Speedway Forum

all we are saying is dont put some rubbish out about technical reasons TRY TELLING THE TRUTH for a change u never know we might just understand .

Oh of course thats the PROBLEM the TRUTH !!!!!

all we are saying is dont put some rubbish out about technical reasons TRY TELLING THE TRUTH for a change u never know we might just understand .

Oh of course thats the PROBLEM  the TRUTH !!!!!

Yes - honesty would go a long way to satisfy fans - I have decided to travel to KL as I have tickets - but the lack of openness leaves a very bitter taste.

well i have sent a message to sheffield press office requesting that they issue a proper statement or explain that they arent allowed to

for wahts its worth they probably wont respond but you never know maybe we should do the same to Kings Lynn ( sorry BSPA ) slip of the tongue !!!!

Very interesting . What " technical reasons " has taken it away from Sheffield i wonder .

Air fence perhaps?

Well spotted

Oh goody!!!!!  :D 

:)

Shame for the people up North that this meeting has been changed, I feel guilty now cos my first thought was that I'd now be able to attend whereas theres no way I could get to Sheffield on a Thursday night. Bearing in mind all EL teams apart from Belle Vue are South of Sheffield, I think attendance wise KL will bring in more revenue.

Just a shame that things weren't thought through properly in the first place. Big shame for Sheffield and their fans.

Will be an interesting, if not challenging, journey.

Actually last time ELRC was at Sheffield, was terrible racing until the final.

Wasn't that the night that Jason Lyons beat the six times world champion?

and - if I remember correctly he beat him again the following week ...

And didn't Mark Loram have a bad crash that night, going into the start gate or was that something else.

Yes right infront of us ..... very nasty accident ..... we were amazed that he came through so well.

Since the fans have not been kept informed (yet again!!!) of the circumstances of Sheffield losing the ELRC, I cannot complain, however:

a. The fans should have been kept informed, and

b. In no circumstances should KL have received a second series meeting.

The whole north/south argument is valid (and people are wrong if they say it isn't) not specifically for the ELRC but for the series as a whole.

Yes...I'm happy to admit to being a Workington fan and we have been more than fortunate to have hosted championship meetings in recent years....my argument is not that Workington are not hosting a meeting but that because the meetings have all now been set down south I will not get to see any of them now. (I was going to be going to the ELRC, but KL is too far! and I'm sure there are others in the same boat)

Good point Adam. But then Sky is based in the far South East - and no doubt that must influence some of the choices.....

Surely Sheffield can borrow an airfence?  :( Big shame for the Sheffield fans who were promised this meeting. :mad:

Where there is a will .....

unless something radically alters,there will never be an airfence at owlerton.

My God mother used to live in Cromer - even farther than KL - It is a trek - with little motorway connection - but hopefully we shall be there :)

Maybe, maybe not and as you have stated maybe people will never know, however I can and will comment on JC because I can and do know him personally as a lot on here do.  I know a lot of tripe is spouted about people who know very little about his integrity and him as a person. 

I am not talking about questions being asked in a sensible manner, concerns voiced or opinions expressed in an ADULT manner.  I am talking about the constant sniping, playground accusations and general childishness some have shown on this forum   :angry:

I am talking about accusing people of things, and worse the accused not being on here to defend themselves.

If any of you have a problem with JC, the Kings Lynn promotion, the BSPA be big enough to act on what you are stating.

If you have a problem with JC or the Kings Lynn promotion then talk to Buster or JC about it, we have not so long back, and in the past they are nice enough people and actually DO listen.

Really, absolute wishful thinking on your part, stop believing the hype, Jonathan is the latest BSPA peeing post. SH described his early involvement as a nightmare, true but his enthusiasm is what the sport needs it is his enthusiasm you should applaud him for, beyond that he is stil a f@@king nightmare!

Edited by Piccolo

All these people moaning and groaning about King's Lynn being such a 'hard' place to get to!!!! The stadium can be found JUST off the two biggest 'A' roads coming into the county (A47 and A17)!!!! :rolleyes: You want to thank your lucky stars the meeting isn't being held at Mildenhall, then you'd have good reason to moan. :P

Wasn't that the night that Jason Lyons beat the six times world champion?

and - if I remember correctly he beat him again the following week ...

Seem to remember Lyons doing that in the 2000 GP as well :D

Yes right infront of us  ..... very nasty accident ..... we were amazed that he came through so well.

Re the Loram crash, Wasn't that the World Cup Qualifier in 2002? He clipped the back of a riders back wheel and careered into the starting gate??

Personally if it isn't going to be at Sheffield, then Kings Lynn is probably the best alternative, however for me this isn't about Kings Lynn, it's about the decision to change, and the assumption that we are all going to be happy with an two word explanation - "Technical Reasons" :rolleyes:

Like I've said three people who were definitely going (weather permitting) now are not, I simply can't get the required time off to go all the way to Kings Lynn on a week night, which is actually a shame as I do ackonwledge KL is a great racing track and the Chapmans appear to be doing a lot of right there.

Agree with General Melchitt - Loram's crash was in the pouring rain at the world cup.

It wasn't Sheffields track/fence e.t.c that that happened - just poor weather and the powers that be that had to get the meeting to heat 20.

All these people moaning and groaning about King's Lynn being such a 'hard' place to get to!!!!  The stadium can be found JUST off the two biggest 'A' roads coming into the county (A47 and A17)!!!!  :rolleyes:   You want to thank your lucky stars the meeting isn't being held at Mildenhall, then you'd have good reason to moan. :P

Ahh yes the A47 and A17, the roads which double you're travel time. Even worse stuck behind a tracter with no outside lane.

The best A road in the country is A50 but now I am sounding silly talking about roads.

Edited by Hazzman

Right here we go, I am a Sheffield supporter who has had dealings with JC, and I will sy that the guy is a fine man, I have also had the pleasure of listening to him talk about his plans for the future.

The guy is like a breath of fresh, and I think that if ever he decides to walk away from speedway we have lost a good guy.

Onto Neil, again I have dealt with Neil, I do always agree with what he says or does, but I have the uttermost respect for the guy, and personally I have always found him honest and open.

These two are for me along with Len Silver the best promoters in the Premier League, but to issue a statement that says technical difficulties, and no other explanation really looks poor, and makes them look poor.

Both don't come out of this without getting their reputations tarnished, especially JC, because his track has gain the meeting, and those of us who know JC know that this is not his style.

I am talking about accusing people of things, and worse the accused not being on here to defend themselves.

If any of you have a problem with JC, the Kings Lynn promotion, the BSPA be big enough to act on what you are stating.

If you have a problem with JC or the Kings Lynn promotion then talk to Buster or JC about it, we have not so long back, and in the past they are nice enough people and actually DO listen.

surely this is what we are asking for...THEIR explanation!i would love to talk to anyone in authority about it but unfortunately THEY REFUSE TO ANSWER!perhaps YOU would be kind enough to ask JC for the TRUTH about it all? another question..why do you think the sheffield promoters are banned from giving comment?

tried to contact JC about the fours, have you seen the answer we recieved as to why we dont know the qualifiers for the fours yet?

if you have you will know why we think its a waste of time contacting him

Edited by The Third Man

Glad the meeting is at kings lynn as for sheffield not haveing it i think it's quite clear that not only it is a gate and go track the fans on low wages would not be able to back the event.

Glad the meeting is at kings lynn as for sheffield not haveing it i think it's quite clear that not only it is a gate and go track the fans on low wages would not be able to back the event.

well spotted,perhaps that is the "technical reason" !!! :wink::wink:

now why didnt we all spot that,