British Speedway Forum

sorry, rather have Kevin Doolan back at Kings Lynn for a big meeting like this  :D

so would i doolan is a lynn hero and 1 of my favourite all time riders :)

you will NOT get an official bspa statement (as to why it's been switched) because it would mean admitting that they (or one person in particular) screwed up by neglecting the issue of an air fence from the outset.sheffield accepted the meeting with NO mention of an airfence whatsoever and NEVER agreed to fit an airfence.

Must admit it i would think a rider would have a case if he hurt himself in the match following the ELRC if if could be shown that an air fence would have saved the injury.

after all are we sayning that EL riders are more important than all other riders?

and why do EL riders ride on PL tracks that dont have an air fence?

There won't be an air fence for the Garry Stead meeting, but I am sure there will be plenty of EL riders there for that.

Chapman came forward with some ideas (I'm not commenting on the quality of the them, some are good, some not so) at the AGM and he was giving free rein to have a go, and why not ? Staying the same means going backwards and these events needed a boost, as this forum members said last year, and he was willing to take it on.

What is particularly unfortunate that there is no real reason given and that the meeting is now hosted by his track. But as has already been pointed out, the monies are shared around all clubs, Sheffield are not really losing out because they don't own the stadium and the main profit would be through bar and cafe takings, which I presume Neil M doesn't get.

I am still annoyed though 'cos as a Tigers fan I would have gone, but not now.

sorry, rather have Kevin Doolan back at Kings Lynn for a big meeting like this  :D

Would be great to see Kev back. Not sure about Troy's chances of overtaking Crumpy and Bjarne in the Poole averages though :lol:

dont agree sheffield wont be losing out, they will have to pay rent for the stadium but wont have an attractive meeting to put on so have a chance of losing money.

And yes there will be EL riders at the Gary Stead meeting with no air fence, makes a complete mokery of the reason to transfer the ELRC to chapmans own track.

There won't be an air fence for the Garry Stead meeting, but I am sure there will be plenty of EL riders there for that.

Chapman came forward with some ideas (I'm not commenting on the quality of the them, some are good, some not so) at the AGM and he was giving free rein to have a go, and why not ?  Staying the same means going backwards and these events needed a boost, as this forum members said last year, and he was willing to take it on.

What is particularly unfortunate that there is no real reason given and that the meeting is now hosted by his track.  But as has already been pointed out, the monies are shared around all clubs, Sheffield are not really losing out because they don't own the stadium and the main profit would be through bar and cafe takings, which I presume Neil M doesn't get.

I am still annoyed though 'cos as a Tigers fan I would have gone, but not now.

I was looking forward to this at sheff but i wont be going now . could have borrowed oxfords air fence or bought it

I was looking forward to this at sheff but i wont be going now . could have borrowed oxfords air fence or bought it

I doubt it is that they couldn't get hold of one, but that with the dogs in the afternoon that they may not have been able to get it installed in time.

Not that Oxford's would have been enough to do the bends at Owlerton !

dont agree sheffield wont be losing out, they will have to pay rent for the stadium but wont have an attractive meeting to put on so have a chance of losing money.

And yes there will be EL riders at the Gary Stead meeting with no air fence, makes a complete mokery of the reason to transfer the ELRC to chapmans own track.

Didn't think about that re: rent, but would have thought that NM will have raised that point and asked for recompense though.

I am totally peed off with this, this was our show piece meeting that me and Junior were really looking forward to, and too be honest it feels like we have been robbed.

It has got to be the airfence issue, I don't think it will be anything else, which something I am angry about, seeing as though we ran Sean Wilson's testimonial without an air fence, and correct me if I am wrong, but don't Ipswich run meetings without an airfence.

I do find it a bit convinient that Kings Lynn just happen to have this date free, did they try to get another track personally I think that Birmingham would have been a good choice.

Its officilal...speedway does not exist beyond wolverhamton as far as the BSPA is concerned.

super 7 might be a good concept but fans north of manchester have been completely stuffed as far as getting to one of the meetings.

keep going the sport should be dead in 4yrs with these clowns in charge (enjoy your glory) :sad:

Just when you think the powers that be can't make any more horrendous decisions, they fool me and make another :blink::cry:

as has already been mentioned, the Chapman's own their stadium so are in a good position to say what happens in that stadium on any particular day.

if another stadium was to be found for that Thursday night who could accomodate?

so many tracks have to consider other events ... i would love to see it at Peterborough, but as it's a showground they have to fit in with everything else, hence no meetings for a couple of weeks.

Birmingham ... they would have to get the stadium for the Thursday, and by all accounts it's bad enough getting it for a Wednesday.

how many promoters own their stadium and could seriously put on the ELRC at fairly short notice?

with regards to Neil Machin, he's part of the BSPA so did he not realise that all EL meetings have to have an airfence?

i know people are saying that this meeting and that meeting didn't have one, but as this is an EL meeting, it would surely have to.

you'd think he might have spoke up at the time it was agreed, after all, i bet he wasn't just told he was having the ELRC and there were no discussions.

when Kings Lynn put on the EL Pairs, they had to go down to Eastbourne the night before to collect their air fence to borrow, i expect something like this will have to happen again.

airfences are not generic, they do not fit all types of fence, these have to be the right type, so it's not always just a case of saying they could have just gone and got Oxford's.

EL riders' safety is more important than PL riders' now then?

Convenient or what that Chapman's own track gets 2 big events :blink:

Edited by tigerblues

I am totally peed off with this, this was our show piece meeting that me and Junior were really looking forward to, and too be honest it feels like we have been robbed.

It has got to be the airfence issue, I don't think it will be anything else, which something I am angry about, seeing as though we ran Sean Wilson's testimonial without an air fence, and correct me if I am wrong, but don't Ipswich run meetings without an airfence.

I do find it a bit convinient that Kings Lynn just happen to have this date free, did they try to get another track personally I think that Birmingham would have been a good choice.

The air fence issue at Ipswich was only during the first season that they were made compulsory in the EL. We've used one ever since.

Shame for the people up North that this meeting has been changed, I feel guilty now cos my first thought was that I'd now be able to attend whereas theres no way I could get to Sheffield on a Thursday night. Bearing in mind all EL teams apart from Belle Vue are South of Sheffield, I think attendance wise KL will bring in more revenue.

Just a shame that things weren't thought through properly in the first place. Big shame for Sheffield and their fans.