British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Subedei

Berwick Anniversary Meeting

Crazy sue neither texted or updated,i presume the comments were of the texter,so don't jump on crazysue's back.

Matty is correct . Sue was neither involved as a texter or updater with this meeting . Comments about Mr Grant and his left leg were made by that nasty man doing the texting . :lol:

Berwick is notoriously hard to get updates from. Some people should just be grateful they got the scores.

I know - i was just having a laugh as i had a fair idea who the texter was :P Would never critisize any texter at any meeting cause i know from experience how difficult it can be . There is not that big a gap between races as you think . :wink:

In fact Crazysue was at the time not even near the pc and was down at her parents trying to calm her father who has just received the date for his major heart operation!

I merely copied over the results from the Updates.....

Furthermore, those who know me also know that I would NEVER make comments about riders in that way.

Crazy sue neither texted or updated,i presume the comments were of the texter,so don't jump on crazysue's back.

My sincere apologies to Crazysue, I should have read the text properly. But my comments to the texter still stand. Once again, sorry Sue!

Never been a fan of the twelve rider format, riders meet to many times, riders can have to many duff races and still go through, and by the time riders like Kajiesto are in the field,Moore had with drawn, Burza had decided to go through the motions it with drew from the even as a competition a bit and the top 6 soon became inevitable.

Other than that it was ok, I can quite accept that events like this will be hung out for reasons like, junior races,vetran races, and a few short interviews.... short being the key word, if people wanted to listen to the ramblings of Dick Barrie they would listen to his radio show not stand freezing there bollocks of at Shielfield. :rolleyes:

The meeting its self , as I have already said there was a large gulf in class between some of the competitors which you would understand as one or two were making there first appearances on the track, all three looked quite accomplished motor cyclist, Smith lifting was just one of they things, once he settled into the track he looked a decent enough talent, Woortman was a typical methodical Scandanavian quite a lanky style, but never once looked in trouble, pulled of a beautiful pass on Kus using the banking to full affect, Kus was the one that grabbed my attention the most riding what could have been a Pepe Franc bike I would imagine it was it had old Pepe covers on it any way, he attacked the track well, looked nippy from the gate on a bike that spent the whole meeting missing would be interesting to see him on decent machinery.

Also had the unfortunate luck of Watson picking up some extra grip and cutting right across the front of him after Wato had bounced of the back straight safety fence.. could have been nasty but fortunately not.

One thing I will say for all 3 and Watson is that they all pick lines which were to there benefit the 3rd and 4th bend at Berwick isn't what it used to be but if you pick the right line and ride it as a wall of death you can generate speed and also keep the bike going forward at all times, all 4 of the riders I have mentioned done this, with time I think the three lads showed signs they could handle the PL.

We all know the drill with the other riders Holder fast and aggressive as ever, as Sub said made a slight error of gate choice in the final and once he was behind Doolan that was the race over Doolan had been fast in front the whole evening.

Kajiesto a nice style there is some thing to build on , so poor away from the tapes but he does have some thing if the speed comes and he can handle it he will hold his own, I know it is not Britains responsibility to make riders but a few CL outings would help the lad and give you a better gauge of what level the boy is at IMO.

So all credit to the riders other than Stan for turning out and making a decent night of racing on a night that weather wise was a right pain in the ass, it threatened rain and it was spitting all night, what a miserable summer it has been for the sport weather wise.

Highlight of the Night : Kozza Smith stalking down Jac and blasting round him on the third bend. :approve:

Edited by wjm

My sincere apologies to Crazysue, I should have read the text properly.  But my comments to the texter still stand.  Once again, sorry Sue!

The texter was bang on - Grant was an animal on track.

I can confirm, comment was nothing to do with Sue whatsoever.

Don't think the texter was a Berwick fan, so you can understand it may not have been thier cup of tea.

For me, Granty is a hero, and I really enjoyed seeing him back on a bike.

That, and the juniors, were the highlights of the evening.

I thought it was torture, to be honest. How to make 14 races of speedway stretch to almost two hours.

Holder was superb, but picked the wrong gate in the final. Burza was worse than pathetic - easily the worst rider on show. I mean Katajisto is 16-years-old and making his first visit to an intimidating race track. What's Burza's excuse?

Smith, Wortmann and Kus all had their moments - I thought Kus looked very handy on Franc's bike in his last outing.

Dont think it was that bad. If Bergstrom and Shields had been in from original field , it would have been better. See from looking at a recent Berwick programme, time clocked by Chris Holder on Saturday of 65.2 secs was fastest since Adam Shields in 2002!

And Holder's time in Ht 3 might've been even faster, but for his huge error in the final turns: might even have been challenging Wilson's track record, but we'll never know.