British Speedway Forum

41,247 souls was there live according to speedwayworld.tv

Im not going, never have and probably never will, not that interested really. Will be out with the band tonight so not watching it live  so i will probably give it a twenty minute scan on sky+ to see how the brits get on

Definitely got the second part of the name right!! :rolleyes: I would have given an arm and a leg (someone else's :lol: ) to get there! Next year for sure!! B):wink:

Edited by BigFatDave

Biggest crowd ever at Cardiff tonight. Certainly well up again on last year. Suprised considering the dreadful weather we had.

Damn annoyed I couldn't be there, but got to watch it on sky. A lot a people on the back straight personally I always felt a little detached from the event there, but as a speedway fan you still have a great view there. And harping back to Wembley remember if this had at been at Wembley with the weather we’ve had it mightn’t have gone ahead because of the half ass’d roof they stuck on there 800 million stadium.

Edited by Tipsy_McStagger

sat on upper teir 3rd bend, and to me there did seem an awfully lot more inside this year which surprised me. at the pub i never had to wait longer than a minute to be served whereas last year it took 10 minutes each visit to the bar, the pub seemed down on punters but maybe peeps didn't move about so much due to the weather

The attendance will be down and I think I can hear Wembley calling ;)

Seriously are you mad?! British gp day is just that...a DAY where in earth around wembley would you all go for a drink/bite/chill? the area is a hole it would just seem like another meeting in a big oversized souless arena...im sat in a hotel room at the moment completly knackered after the most enjoyable of eveningS and im pretty certain i wont have that option if it came to wembley..leave it to football its where it belongs!!

Edited by hagonshocker

Definitely got the second part of the name right!! :rolleyes: I would have given  an arm and a leg (someone else's :lol: ) to get there! Next year for sure!! B)  :wink:

Youve gotta get over here mate absof***nlutley brill weekend me heads still ringing now..not sure if thats down to the beer or the noise from the stadium but who cares?! A few mates went back late last night on the coach back to swindon but i plan the weekend out and stay for 2 nights...shame this lappies on a go slow but somethings gotta go slower than gollob and jagus! Btw watched the wallabies tame the all blacks in walkabout.....AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE GO GO GO!

Not new to Speedway, but for one reason or another - first trip to Millenium for GP - Absolutely awsome & what a fantastic result ! Sore throat from shouting for Chris Harris all night & deserved winner - how the hell did he pull that off in the last race ??? & ears still ringing, even now. Brilliant meeting. Do they publish the official attendance anywhere at all ? Even then, i guess we'd all be saying "yeah right - they won't publish the 'actual' attendance" ?unsure?

How nice to see that all the doom and gloom merchants on here have been shot down in flames.

Edited by BritPete

'held in front of a record crowd of 41,247'

Just found this on the article fullnoise.com.

And who said British Speedway was losing fans. :unsure:

definately best british gp yet at millenium, crowd did seem bigger and noisier (if possible) took my young son who was blown away! lol can't believe that poster who "wasn't that interested and had never been & never will" surely he's on the wrong forum lol :blink:

gret roll on next year, can't see wembley competing witht he atmosphere myself, you have to be there to understand it!

this with pouring rain also i may add :D what we like to call liquid sunshine lol

First news in here from Cardiff is that 50k is expected at the Millenium today...

Looked slighty up on any previous one I'd say - the back staraight third level was fuller than it's ever been and that holds a lot of people. 46-7k ?
41,247 souls was there live according to speedwayworld.tv
'held in front of a record crowd of 41,247'

and who said British Speedway was losing fans. :unsure:

The so called OFFICIAL figure of just over 41k seems a little low considering the main spaces were on the home straight upper level and the 3rd / 4th bend upper level. Everwhere else seemed pretty full and it was by far the biggest crowd at Cardiff so far.

Maybe there was 41k tickets sold before the day, but there were loads of people buying tickets on the day at various ticket points.

I would estimate the figure to be 50-55k.

Agree with you for once TNT. The attendance was well up on last year.

The only empty seats were third tier home sraight and on the 3rd/4th bend middle section. The whole of the back straight was full as well as the first and second tiers.

We all estimated 48-50,000. Certainly more than 41,000. If this continues, two years from now it will be a sellout 60,000, meaning ordering early to get our tickets and the arrival of the dreaded tout.