British Speedway Forum

Its good to see that someone is big enough to admit that at times they were wrong
Steves a good guy. However, I have backed Bomber since day 1 and how proud am I?

Who else has 250/1 e/w on his being World Champion? I'd give every penny to see him do it too, I don't care about the money anymore.

Absolutely stunning! What a night!

I think Bomber was going to win that final come what may.

Can't wait for Prague now!

Seconded.

As long as there are no accidents they can prepare it like that evry year if it gives Chris a better chance though icon_smile_tongue.gif
I said thats at the start of the year, give Chris a crap track and he doesn't care.

Hard Luck Nicki Pedersen!!!

LOL. Who gives a rubbish? (an approve smilie but the forum wont allow it, grrrrr)

congratulations to chris and all the people who had the faith and foresight to place a bet on him .
Thanks (an approve smilie but the forum wont allow it, grrrrr)

For those of us fortunate enough to be in the Press Conference it was also great to see both Jason & Greg acknowledging and praising Chris as a true & worthy winner, also Crumpy leading a round of applause for the British GP Champion.

Nice one Jason.

Jason gets some stick but he's a great person as well as a speedway rider. He wants to win (shocking) but he is so sporting these days, he is a credit to our sport. Short of swapping Craig Watson for Greg Hancock I could not think of a better top 3, so I loved last night.

Last night was the best Cardiff GP I've ever been to... I have never been so patriotic in my life!
Seconded (of tenthed, if it's a word as a few have already agreed with you) and as anyone who knows me will know I'm as patriotic as they get (an approve smilie but the forum wont allow it, grrrrr)

Great to see a Brit challenging the best in the world, long may it continue!!!
Seconded.

Never though I'd see a British Grand Prix winner - I am 19.  :rolleyes:
Typical British sports fan. Negative, negative, negative. Support a Brit and look what can be done if they have some talent?

Maybe if we got behind our boys we'd see them winning GP's more often. Lets hope this is the start of a new begining, not just for Bomber but for British speedway. Sod the Poles, Swedes, Russians, Norweigans and Australians. Supports the Brits.

Can any Brit really claim that was not the best possible feeling last night? I know as a patriotic Brit and a Jason Crump fan I felt a millions times better last night than I did last year.

Awesome night.

As we were walking out my lad said "Its weird,I was almost in tears when Bomber won."

I said I know  I was the same- Its called "so proud it makes you wanna cry mate.

He said thats exactly it !!

Still coming down off the ceiling today

Absolutely brilliant Bomber-You made everyone of the Falcons fans so proud of you mate as you did the whole country.

Craig, Nevs. Spot on. I was in tears, i was proud. Bomber is the man.

Well I'm proud to say I didn't stand a hope in hell of fighting back the tears Corny!

After reading some of these replies, I dont feel so weird now after admitting to crying at the video this morning (an approve smilie but the forum wont allow it, grrrrr)
I was crying last night and had to wipe a few tears today. It's great isn't it?

All hail the Bomber!  (an approve smilie but the forum wont allow it, grrrrr)

well done Chris  (an approve smilie but the forum wont allow it, grrrrr)  (an approve smilie but the forum wont allow it, grrrrr)

seconded.

Proud to be british, and proud to be a buildbase bee fan
(an approve smilie but the forum wont allow it, grrrrr)

Lets start the campaign now

SPORTS PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR!!! (an approve smilie but the forum wont allow it, grrrrr)  (an approve smilie but the forum wont allow it, grrrrr)

BOMBER FOR SPORTS PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the comparison of Bomber with Peter Collins is valid.
As someone earlier said, Bomber is the original Bomber.

I remember watching Chris in the mid/late nineties starting out in the PL at Exeter and early in his PL career seeing him wobble around Newport for 4 laps to win a race. From Exeter reserve to Grand Prix winner! (alright from CL to GP winner if you want to be perfectly correct I suppose!)
I vaughly remember the GP days and my dad saying "he'll be in the GP's one day" and I definatly remember that race win. His first CL season, his first PL meeting, his proffesional race win, his first GP, his first GP win. Seen it all. (an approve smilie but the forum wont allow it, grrrrr)

It's the only orgasm I've never faked  (an approve smilie but the forum wont allow it, grrrrr) :unsure:
:unsure:

Wonder if Hans still thinks Bomber is a CL rider now...... :lol:
and to think I vaughly remember Chris Harris is a St Austell race jacket. Amazing.

This is the most emotional and proudest post I have ever made and I thank you Bomber and lets not forget Chris Andersen, Brian Andersen, Norrie Allen, Avtar Sandhu and Colin Pratt for sticking by him in 2004 and 2005, Colin Hill (RIP, no doubt looking down and smiling and thinking "I gave him his chance in the PL") the Annear family for giving his his chance in the CL and unsing heros who have helped Bomber get where he is today.

I can't stop smiling :D

BOMBER, BOMBER, BOMBER.....

Lets start the campaign now

SPORTS PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR!!! :D  :D

Yes yes yes, lets do it! Bombard the bloody BBC until they have to admit defeat. :approve:

Although the winner will be Lewis Hamilton this year, and thats probably not undeserved either.

not had time to read each reply yet, all i want to add is absolutely fantastic, and thats the clean friendly version, how good was he last night (well saturday night now), every race he tried 100% and provided most of the entertainment.

I hold my hands up and say i thought he'd be out of his depth this year, but im so glad to say he's proved alot of us wrong, what a fantastic addition he has been this year

I disagree with Keith Heuwen that it will be all over the back pages, they will still talk about losing tennis players and overpaid footballers and the brilliant Lewis Hamilton. Just goes to show, Speedway is the best kept secret of the Western world.

Believe it.

Sky Sports News gave 97 seconds coverage at the tail end of the programme. You wouldn't believe the stories that were placed ahead of it, Canoeing, Diving etc.

The vast majority of the British public tomorrow will be oblivious to the event having even taken place.

What a disapointment!!!  :(

No  - not Chris but Midland news tonight - absolutely nothing!!

I am hoping that its because they are going to do a piece on him on Monday with interviews and clips.

Fingers crossed :D

No surprises there. I remember when Peter Collins won the world title in Poland. The local Granada news programme had made absolutely no comment whatsoever during the following evenings broadcast. This despite the fact that he had been pictured on the front page of the national newspaper - the Daily Mirror - in acclamation of his triumph. However, the switchboard had been swamped with viewers complaining bitterly from the start of the transmission at the lack of a mention. As a result, as the credits began rolling one of the presenters hurriedly blurted out 'congratulations to Peter Collins the Belle Vue speedway DRIVER' !!!

Hopefully, if fans quickly contact Midland televison asking where is the coverage of such a newsworthy event they will slot a piece in on Monday's programme. If it is too late to do so as a topical news item, they always have the option to do a little documentary filler on any given evening.

For those of us outside of the region let us know if anything transpires.

Chris Harris is such a joy to watch he has made the gp's so much more exiting ,what a final and what a finish,credit were bl**dy credit is due :D you already got our respect but saturday night you got our hearts as well.. :)

Cardiff .... The Millennium Stadium ...... The British Speedway Grand Prix ..........

It's the only orgasm I've never faked  :approve:

What what what ??

Women, orgasms ??? - when did this start happening then ?? :wink::wink:

I just cant keep up with modern times - I blame the termination of rationing, - women wouldnt have orgasms if we still had powdered egg !!

Edited by paulr

Cardiff .... The Millennium Stadium ...... The British Speedway Grand Prix ..........

It's the only orgasm I've never faked  :approve:

:D:D

You are going to make the most of this aren't you!!! :D:D

It was the line that got me to the audition for the Cardiff advert and Bomber was on the panel ........... hmmmmmmm maybe that was the lucky charm he wanted to see if I could do it again if he won :lol:

Finally got round to adding my congratulations to Chris Harris

In all my years of watching speedway I wonder if it can actualy get much better than this. The atmosphere was electric and with a last heat, last bend Brit winner

Quote of the day from a lady sat behind me with a soft Edinburgh accent talking about Chris Harris after the final race

At the start of the race I would have given him one in four

After the first bend I would have given in one in twenty

At the finish I would have given him one

Watched it on DVD last night again!

Them 4 laps of the final will send shivers up me spine forever. It's in about lap 3 when you can no longer hear the air horns and it becomes desperate screams - it sends me near to tears. My non-Speedway dad reckons he's off Poland, Germany, Latvia, Czech Republic :lol:

BOMBER, BOMBER, BOMBER.....

BANG BANG BANG

Excellent nights entertainment from Bomber, can't really say much that hasn't been said, one of the highlights for me was seeing just how worked up SCB was! Especially as at one point he wanted us all to get naked and join him in celebrating the victory! :P

Edited by beesboybert

Watched it on DVD last night again!

Does anyone know if the DVD available by pre-order from Speedwayworld.tv will be the coverage from Sky?

I assume it will be.

Edited by dj350z

Chris Harris, Cometh the hour cometh the Man.

Well done to the youngster, made a wet day so sunny :)

Colin

Edited to add-

So did a certain Ms bird it would appear :shock::oops:

Edited by colin

Finally got round to adding my congratulations to Chris Harris

In all my years of watching speedway I wonder if it can actualy get much better than this. The atmosphere was electric and with a last heat, last bend Brit winner

Quote of the day from a lady sat behind me with a soft Edinburgh accent talking about Chris Harris after the final race

At the start of the race I would have given him one in four

After the first bend I would have given in one in twenty

At the finish I would have given him one

Post of the decade. Fantastic.

Does anyone know if the DVD available by pre-order from Speedwayworld.tv will be the coverage from Sky?

I assume it will be.

It's not - hence why many people like me will have both on DVD. The official DVD shows some great insights into the event (will the boxset did) and different camera angles and replays.