British Speedway Forum

Guest sjl

My first British GP... in fact, my first GP ever, and I had the best time EVER!

I couldn't be happier for Bomber. He completely deserved that win, and everyone in the stadium could see that he absolutely rode his heart out... what a star! Massive congratulations Bomber :approve::D:approve:

Shame about the Danes :P Sorry never got to meet you-- hopefully catch up Thursday (if the rain ever stops!)

Couldn't have asked for a better 1st grand prix could we? :D

For those of us fortunate enough to be in the Press Conference it was also great to see both Jason & Greg acknowledging and praising Chris as a true & worthy winner, also Crumpy leading a round of applause for the British GP Champion.

Nice one Jason.

This doesn't surprise me at all.

Crumpy gets some unjust stick on here, but in my experience he is top man. A great sportsman and a gentleman. A credit to the sport.

Also a very nice gesture with Greg and Jason putting Bomber on their shoulders on the rostrum They looked just as pleased as the rest of us that Bomber had one.

Normally I would be gutted that Jason and / or Greg got beat in the final, but I'll make an exception this time. Nice one Bomber!!

Also thanks to BSI for putting on an excellent show.

Edited by AndyP

Wow! What a meeting, what a winner! I've been to all the Cardiff GPs and last night beat all the others, even before that final. Was with a bunch of Coventry fans and the atmosphere was amazing. Well done Bomber an absolute star. :approve:

All hail the Bomber! :D

amazing, incredible, spectacular............. with riders like Loramski and Tomasz going out of fashion and the tracks changing slowly as a result we needed someone to come along to inject some racing with a never say die attitude

This GP performance i'm sure will be remembered for a very long time and I should imagine that if BSI had a league table of most valuable riders in their crown Bomber would be right up there with Crumpy and Nicki......... and hopefully this will have an effect on the track preps

well done Chris :D:approve:

Just watched it all over again - and it still made me cry.

Greg and Jason were genuinely pleased for the guy. And then just seeing Bomber on that podium in his reflective moment and deep in thought it just made my cry even more.

So now Nikki and I need you all to have a whip round.

We were in Wroclaw for his first podium finish and now again in Cardiff.

We already have plans for Bydgoszcz and Germany but if anyone wants to see Chris on the podium in Prague, Sweden, Latvia and Slovenia - please give generously. :D:D

After 42years of watching speedway last nights GP equalled the best moments I have ever seen in this wonderful sport. Chris Harris gave us a display of sheer guts and determination. His never give up attitude is a true pleasure to wittness. His rise to the upper end of the GP table seemed to spur Scott into an even more determind mind set to join him. They both gave their all, and made our British GP the best I have ever seen.

And for those who still say that GP's should be run on perminent tracks, after the last two GP's I don't agree with you. :)

Congrats to Bomber fantastic performance. Only hope the plonkers Green and Pearson dont build him up too much and expect him to be world champ this year cos it aint gonna happen. Hopefully one day though.

Spot on VV.

Well done Bomber - and his pit crew. Its been a rough time for British speedway lately and how great it is to have experienced such a positive thing to lift everyone's spirits.

Go Bomber !!!!

sjw, you beat me to it. After calming down and having time to reflect and after seeing it again, i have no doubt that last night was the best speedway meeting i have ever seen in watching the sport since 1975. For so many reasons, it was absolutely perfect. The racing, the drama, the tension that built and then that release on the last few yards of the final. Plus as others have said the two ' best good guys' alongside Chris on the rostrum, so magnanimous and genuine in their congatulations. I'm also glad it was Hancock and not one or two other riders i could think of on that last bend, but i dont want this to become negative or a slanging match on here. It just doesn't get any better than last night. :)

Well done Chris. Fantastic !!!!!!!!

Well done Scott for reaching the semi's, and showing us that you are coming back on form.

Well done David Howe for scoting 4 points.

All 3 brits did us proud.

Proud to be british, and proud to be a buildbase bee fan :-)

What an amazing GP. Great advertisment for the sport. I hope it brings new fans to the british league.

Wow, what a fantatstic night down in Cardiff.

Bomber was absolutley awesome. He was the only rider on the track who was able to come from behind like he did and race. No just going past riders but the way he changed his line every lap if necessary to gain on his opponents.

Definatley the rider of the night and thoroughly deserved it.

Don't agree about his atrocious gating. He actually made at least 2 starts and when he didn't, he wasn't that far behind anyway. That's a massive improvement for him!! And don't forget we are talking about very fast gaters in the GP's.

Congratulations Chris.

Phew, finally back online.

What a bloody amazing day! The atmosphere may have been flatter during the day but it certainly wasn't during the meeting, from the word go, Bomber,Scott and David gave us entertainment.

I am another one who was virtually in tears when Bomber crossed the finish line although I had thought he could do it.....with a bit of luck and pure determination. I felt so proud to be British last night and even the soaking we received on the way to the Prince of Wales pub afterwards was nothing, we didn't care, a brit had won at Cardiff!!

Bloody and (insert strong swear word which means fornication) brilliant!!!!!

Well done Bomber on a brilliant performance even though it cost me a lot of money as I had taken Greg at 14/1. Good to see that the British number 1 knows how to win a Gp.

Well done CHRIS :D

Your fantastic win, made us westcountry folk so proud of you. We knew you would make it in the GP's when you were a Falcon.

This GP will never be forgotten.

Thanks Chris. :)

SUPER, SUPER BOMB, SUPER, SUPER BOMB, SUPER BOMBER HARRIS

Just back from Cardiff (via the Welsh Open),

WHAT A FANTASTIC GRAND PRIX, My First at Cardiff

SUPERB PERFORMANCE BY CHRIS. GOT NO VOICE NOW :D

Shame about Chas and Dave,

Rabbit, Rabbit,

What happened to a Speedway Loopy song?