British Speedway Forum

On the way home last night I was switching between Radio 5 and talk sport and neither of them mentioned it it there sport reports at 11,12 or 1

Must be a different edition up your way, two articles about Horse Racing in the edition I managed to lay my hands on here in Cornwall.  Any chance of scanning a copy?

You can see it Online HERE

Anyone wishing to view continuously updated stories from all aspects of the media can just

CLICK ON THIS

more and more articles are added by the hour and minutes.

Edited by manchesterpaul

I love the Express write up.....it recaptured the atmosphere of Saturday best.

Thought the Express coverage was superb .

Not the slightest mention on the BBC breakfast sports report this morning.

What a suprise. :mad:

There is about half a page in the Daily Star this morning . In fact it's a much bigger article about Bomber than the one about Valentino Rossi on the same page .

There is also the usual picture of miss Danielle Lloyd on the front page . :P

his email will be chris.hollins@bbc.co.uk, as per standard beeb email addresses...

I share much of the frustration of the coverage, but I would also say it is a lot better than it has been in previous years. The Daily Express have done a great job, good to see a pic in the Guardian too.

From a media point of view, I think the most pleasing thing is that the reality matched the hype. Chris Harris was the face of the GP beforehand - I saw several interviews with him in the week leading up to it.

And lo and behold, he delivered IN STYLE! Although, coverage may not be what we hoped, his name will now be wedged into Sports Editors heads now as their "Mr Speedway".

Would the coverage be as big if, say, Hampel won?????

Normally the BBC has results for speedway on their website in the motorsports section. They haven't even got the link today. :neutral:

BBC teletext (or whatever the digital equivalent is called) normally only has results and fixtures for speedway, but yesterday they had a report on Chris's win.

Edited by norbold

Have just seen the coverage in the print versions of The Express and The Daily Mail and they're great.

In case anyone is interested, the Express piece was by Bill Bradshaw (bill.bradshaw@express.co.uk) and the Daily Mail piece was by Ivan Speck (I.speck@dailymail.co.uk). I am going to email them both to congratulate them on fantastic pieces of journalism and encourage them to keep the coverage going, including at domestic level too.