British Speedway Forum

Interestingly cockle wasnt riding the other month when Rye visited , Roynon didnt do much that evening scoring just 3+2  , he beat young Hopwood , who wasnt far behind, a very poor Ray Morton  and a Cooper ef

Dont think there is much there to Suggest he will pull up any trees

Fair point but last season I seem to remember he did score double figures or very close to so against a weaker line-up I think that he will start as favourite.

Will this meeting be another casualty to the weather supposed to be a mid afternoon heavy shower from the weather i have just seen!!

I will keep my fingers crossed for the meeting tonight, that the weather isnt too cruel as it has been. Hope the evening is a success and that you see some good injury free racing :)

below is a link to the sheffield cameras near the track so u can see the weather

( press your refresh button to update )

owlerton camreas

Edited by dipster

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/24hr.shtml?world=0356

according to that we should be okay saying that it says there would be a light shower around 1pm which we havent had yet so dunno how reliable the source is!! its curently overcast but not really threatening rain! think a lot of people who normally wouldnt may decide to go to this meeting just because we have had no action in 4 weeks!! i was at the stadium monday and tuesday and the track looked very very dry!!

It's Thursday, it's Owlerton, it's raining.

Pretty wet on the ground and still a light drizzle but the sun is out and if the track is not too bad and there is no more heavy rain forecast this should be OK. I will try and post if it opens up over the stadium anytime before about 7ish.

Was trying to find updates and couldnt, grr! Been waiting impatiently for the result.

Edit: Top 3 on BSPA now - first was Adam Roynon, then Simon Lambert, then James Cockle. A result I'm pleased with.. Well done to all three, especially Simon. He's been riding pretty well lately.

Edited by rhidassa

Roynon is on some very fast bike now and seem to be flying where ever he goses

First thing 10 out of 10 to the promotion for making sure the heats followed on one after the other in an efficient manner. The riders were out for the next race soon after those who had just finished racing went into the pits.

Other than that a lack lustre meeting with little passing

For me Adam Roynon was the worthy winner dropping only one point throughout the meeting.

Joe Haines was rightly declared the most exciting rider on the night

He was trying to electrify the meeting Chris Harris style - but a chain coming off - (I think) - and then falling off in another race defeated his objective but again 10 out of 10 for grasping the nettle and trying to entertain an audience - I thought - most of the riders were indifferent towards.

In mitigation the track hadn't been ridden on for a few weeks so perhaps it's harsh to judge the riders as not particularly prepared to get to grips with racing each other. Because the track might have needed being ridden on for awhile. The racing did get closer and more competitive as the night went on . But all in all it was a routine meeting that everyone seemed to be happy to get out of the way

Kudos to Ben Taylor for donating his evenings earnings to the Garry Stead Fund

Edited by Mr. Clemens

Good to get some speedway back, after the enforced absence. Some very impressive youngsters on show, one or two I would not mind seeing in Sheffield colours.

Well done to young Roynon, who looked far more faster than anybody else on the night.

Here is how I saw the riders performances;

(1) Ben Hopwood; Appeared to blow an engine in his first race which put pay to his riding for the rest of the night.

(2) Scott Anderson; Looked a bit uot of his depth.

(3) Shane Waldron; Started well but tailed of at the end.

(4) Karlis; This is what was in the programme for his name, sounds more like a wrestler than a speedway rider, again started pretty well but faded.

(5) James Cockle; Thisn was a meeting for him to win, and I reckon third placed will have disappointed him.

(6) Joe Haines; Did not score many points, but was very entertaining, has got a lovely style of riding and like some has said a style likened to Chris Harris.

(7) Byron Bekker; Got better as the meeting progressed, and if he had not looped at the sart of his last race he would have probably qualified for the semi.

(8) Adam Roynon; Rode well and was very fast, and deserved his win.

(9) Greg Blair; Had a stop and start kind of meeting, a win in his first heat, then two lasts, and then two wins, did reach semi, and did look as though he could be a useful rider.

(10) David Speight; Rode well, and made the semi, come on Conference teams somebody somewhere must be able to give this guy a try.

(11) Gary Flint; Looked out of his depth.

(12) Adam Chandler; Again out of his depth.

(13) Simon Lambert; My dark horse for the meeting and looked totally classy surely a Premier League place is there for him, or could I suggest to the Sheffield promotion that we get his signature for next season.

(14) Scott Richardson; Start with a blank which prove costly and he haad four second places, which mean't he just missed out on a smi final place,

(15) Jack Roberts; Fine performance, reached the final.

(16) Ben Taylor; Looked a little out of his class, probably needs to come to Sheffield more often.

Not the best meeting I have ever been but, was it not good to get a meeting, and see some speedway..

For anyone that wanted the riders scores:

A. Roynon 14, J. Cockle 14, S. Lambert 14, J. Roberts 11, D Speight 9, G. Blair 9, B. Bekker 8, S. Waldron 8, S. Richardson 8, K. Ezergailis 5, J. Haines 5, S. Anderson 4, B. Taylor 4, G. Flint 2, A. Blackburn 2, A. Chandler 2, B. Hopwood 0.

Semi Final: 1. Lambert, 2. Roberts, 3. Blair, 4. Speight.

Final: 1. Roynon, 2. Lambert, 3. Cockle, 4. Roberts.

Taken from Sheffield site ;)