British Speedway Forum

Steve

Good post mate...You are quite right ...you can support who you like....I do think you are wrong about Middlo and the Team GB team....As Hans said famously once..."what goes around comes around"....and in the next few years Team GB will become a major force and win the World Cup....I just hope the people not supporting them now will not start supporting them then

jaybea

Guest Schumi
I just hope the people not supporting them now will not start supporting them then

Why? I support the riders I do because they are exciting and have flair - Hans, Nicki, Chris Harris etc. If team GB in a few years are all exciting prospects (and I have my reservations) I'll be cheering them on too. Does that make me a hypocrite? No. I'm sticking to my guns. I don't actively NOT support team GB (and I do praise Harris at any given opportunity) just the rest of the bunch don't do anything for me. And if you want to know why I have a Denmark avatar it's because I don't like being told I HAVE to support someone because of my nationality. I could have picked any of them, but that's the one most likely to upset the home contingent on here. Call it a rebellious phase if you like.

Edited by Schumi

They didn't delay the start.  7.30 parade of riders, meeting starting shortly after  :unsure:

Yes they did, Sky announced twice that the start had been delayed due to crowd trying to get in and they showed the queues outside, racing didn't start until just before 8pm.

Steve

I realise you were a Speedway Rider in what years were you picked to represent Great Britain? as you appear to enjoy going to all the Ex Speedway Riders Dinners.

This from a Bob Kilby No 1 Supporter did you ever race him and if you did beat him out of the gate .

"The older i get the faster i was" springs to mind  :D

erm .. where in my post did i mention anything about my riding??

did you ever beat Bob Kilby out the gate then?

f'jack :rolleyes:

Edited by stevehone

Guest Schumi

Jirout

No, just sick of getting stick for not conforming to other people's ideals.

Back the brits B)

And there's Schumi with a Denmark flag as her avatar ;)

Chris Harris is the first rider to come along to actually give us something to cheer about for a few years ...

Kenny Carter, Mark Loram, Mike Lee, PC, Morton ... we haven't had anyone like them for a long time, when we do, then maybe i'll cheer for them.

Guest Schumi
Back the brits  B)

And there's Schumi with a Denmark flag as her avatar  ;)

Would you prefer I had a Polish one?

Busy doing the washing up  :D

maybe you should get someone to do it for you

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned some place else...but can anyone tell me why the Cov track shop was not allowed to open last night?

Steve Hone.

So you will only support the best riders, i.e Harris, and not the guys that are trying their hearts out for Team GB but lack that final peice of the jigsaw that will make them a great rider?

Just because they are not the "creme de la creme", you would rather support another nation? That stinks IMO.

Yes you have the right to do so, but when Team GB is full of world class stars, which will happen eventually, I for one hope you don't show your face in the stadium they are racing at waving a Union Jack.

And if you think the Team GB side is "stale", just who would you put in? Because if it wasn't any of the current 5, you would be laughed off the forum.

Poor show.

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned some place else...but can anyone tell me why the Cov track shop was not allowed to open last night?

They realised no Coventry fans had bothered to turn up?

Hummm harsh but possibly fair lol ...saw more Leicester fans there then Cov ....and we haven't even got a track ;)

Probably so that the stall that was there selling merchandise could charge £15 for an air horn that you could normally buy for £9 at most Elite League tracks !!!....and other such overpriced stuff !!! :blink: