British Speedway Forum

I thought in the top 3 means that he thinks we could either come 1st, 2nd or 3rd????

All we have to do now is sing in the same key.

I prefer yale  :P

Bit of a Chubb meself SL :lol:

Skipper Nicholls said 'We all showed good form to qualify from Coventry and if we can ride like that in the final we'll have a great chance of finishing in the TOP THREE

Surely he should be aiming for the top of the rostrum every time? :rolleyes: Sounds like Scotty boy won't mind coming third.

Was just going to say maybe thats a start and he's been reading the forum and taken on board what everyone has been saying about him and the GB Squad .... then I read Trees post

Posted Today, 12:50 AM

I thought in the top 3 means that he thinks we could either come 1st, 2nd or 3rd????

and I think she is right, maybe we're so used to Scott not wanting a podium place we mis-read what he was saying and he is aiming higher :unsure: Oh I don't know I give up :lol:

sounds to me like he will be happy to finish in the top 3

surely as England captain he should be saying he wants to finish in the top 1

Edited by stevehone

Lots of Brit bashing on here as expected but I thought it was a good job well done by the Brits. Should have won on paper and did so with a fair bit to spare in the end.

Russia were excellent entertainment and JD showed what a great rider he can be on good kit. Hancock apart the USA were a shambles.

Personally don't think GB have much chance of winning the final but the good thing is that the team is full of youth this year which makes things a bit more unpredictable and gives hope for the future. Like others I can't really understand Nicholls' comments about finishing top three. May well be realistic but sounds defeatist, if the riders don't think they can win it (unlike me!) then why bother riding? Possibly the BSPA press office misquoting again?

The race off should be very interesting tonight and won't surprise me if its a better meeting than the final.

Edited by Bagpuss

Steve

Surely finishing on the rostrum means 1st ..2nd or 3rd....and perhaps he realises if he says we are aiming for 1st...the negatives on here will laugh at him and say Team GB are rubbish and will never win it

Personally i want the brits to win...If not them the Aussies...or the swedes or the russians or the poles...or of course the Outer mongolians

As for national anthems...perhaps Chas n Daves classic Aint no pleasin you would be great for some

jaybea

Personally i want the brits to win...

I want Team G.B. to win as well but being realistic I don't think there is much chance. I'm with Scott on this one, erring on the negative side, as there's not much point in saying you're going to win when the odds are against it. Say top three and it could mean anything from 1st to 3rd. Here's hoping it will be 1st because I'm delaying our holiday so I can watch the final.

so basically most people, including the England captain, will class the meeting as a victory if they don't finish last :D

Steve

No we are desperate to win the thing....But we are not win at all costs including the safety of others

jaybea

All this Brit/Scott bashing is getting pretty boring now. Scott has said we can finish in the top three. As others have pointed out, that includes first. And surely the only defeatist comment would be to say that they can only finish fourth?!! I won't class anything other than first as a victory. However, I will class second or third as a very respectable result against the likely opposition (and taking into account the location of the final).

Backing the Brits, and damn proud of it. :approve:

surely as England captain he should be saying he wants to finish in the top 1

Errrrrrrrrrrr I think we have to take it for granted that he WANTS to finish first for gords sake, everyone WANTS to don't they, I bet there isn't one team captain who will say they're gonna definitely finish first, how can they predict that??!! You're just peing penickety bloke!! Don't tell me, Hans has said the Danes will definitely 100% finish first, yeah???

Don't tell me, Hans has said the Danes will definitely 100% finish first, yeah???

Hans who??

come on the Ruskies!!

Care to read mine again and note the word probably?  :rolleyes:

It makes a difference to me as I like to see the Brits supported rather than people turning their back on them. That's my OPINION which, according to you, I'm entitled to.

Well it looks like you're 'probably' wrong there then doesn't it! :P

In answer to your second point - of course you are entitled to your 'opinion' - however when this borders on having a personal dig at other posters it sways away from 'opinion' and into the realms of 'insults'......Just MY opinion of course! rolleye11.gif

Edited by lupus

Hans who??

come on the Ruskies!!

You change your allegiances like the ruddy wind man!!

have i??

where?

had a Russian avatar since last Saturday!!

In answer to your second point - of course you are entitled to your 'opinion' - however when this borders on having a personal dig at other posters it sways away from 'opinion' and into the realms of 'insults'......Just MY opinion of course! rolleye11.gif

You asked why it mattered to me - that's why :blink: