British Speedway Forum

You remember Daley Thompson whistling the national anthem.....he never had any pride or passion either i guess

jaybea

maybe Nicholls should learn to whistle :wink:

Maybe you should come out of retirement  :lol:  :wink:  :P

well that's you and Christopher's Dad that want to take the piss, fair enough, do what you want ... always comes down to having a go at my riding when people run out of arguments.

maybe you should come out of retirement and sell a few programmes, that'll help Team GB

Edited by stevehone

Double postings and swearing tut tut tut :wink:

Edit ** now there's an idea ... will get onto the BSI :wink:

Edited by shazzybird

With the exception of Chris Harris, and to a lesser extent Simon Stead, I really don't have time for Team GB - and can honestly say I actively dislike Nicholls and Richardson.  In addition, I'm afraid I'm sick to the back teeth of the 'hype' that seems to follow Kennett.  :rolleyes:

On the other hand, last night Sweden had four out of their 6 riders who are 'MY' riders - Wolves one and all.  So you can bet your life that I was cheering for Sweden last night - and damn proud of the fact I am too!  :approve:

As I said before - I fail to see what difference this made to anyone on this forum!  You support who you want to and I will do the same - I'll mind my own business and I suggest you do the same!  :angry:

Now I'm off to join Schumi's revolutionary front and change my avatar!

Great post Lupus, couldn't have said it better myself. :approve:

I got told off for singing the national anthem at Cardiff!

Well at Cardiff i stood up for both national anthems (Welsh and British/English), even though im Welsh I stood up for both. Yet there were people sat in fornt of me who made no effort to stand for the Welsh anthem but stood up for the English one. To me that just shows a lack of respect and common courtesy to be honest.

that's right, but like i said earlier, there is nobody else, that's why the team picks itself, that's why there's no fighting for places, all of the riders there last night knew they'd be there as there's no competition for their places.

Conversely they might have said I think I am lucky to be here so let’s give it my best shot!

I was going to bite Steve, but I think you are out of order! So you think our lads are the best of a bad bunch! (Remainder of post deleted)

Don't get all this patriotic stuff with speedway. My speedway hero was a swede in the 80's & a Swede in the 90's. When it came to world finals or anything else that Jan Andersson or Per Jonsson was involved in then it was that team who got my support. Club generally does come before country in speedway where supporters are concerned. I'd like to see the Brits do well on Saturday, but I like to see exciting racing even more and if that comes from a Swede, a Pole or a Ruskie then I'll cheer them on.

I was changing support for nations with every race last night. :D

Speedway fans have always been the same, I remember as a kid going to Ullevi for the 1980 WF and being stuck on a boat for hours with a group of very tedious Coventry fans (funny how things go full circle :P ) who were there not to support Michael Lee (neither was I tho) but Tommy Knudsen, all decked out in their Danish flags. These days there's supporting the Brits because of Bommer & Nicholls. :rolleyes:

What I don't understand is what difference it makes to all you 'Team GB' fans who anyone else supports?  Seriously?  :blink:

I understand that for some people their 'allegience' is to their country first and club second.  For me the opposite is true - and always has been.  With the exception of Chris Harris, and to a lesser extent Simon Stead, I really don't have time for Team GB - and can honestly say I actively dislike Nicholls and Richardson.  In addition, I'm afraid I'm sick to the back teeth of the 'hype' that seems to follow Kennett.  :rolleyes:

On the other hand, last night Sweden had four out of their 6 riders who are 'MY' riders - Wolves one and all.  So you can bet your life that I was cheering for Sweden last night - and damn proud of the fact I am too!  :approve:

As I said before - I fail to see what difference this made to anyone on this forum!  You support who you want to and I will do the same - I'll mind my own business and I suggest you do the same!  :angry:

Now I'm off to join Schumi's revolutionary front and change my avatar!

You're one of the people who has slagged off the state of British Speedway, claimed not to be interested anymore yet you bring attention to yourself by posting about supporting another nation on here? :angry:

What I don't understand is why you felt the need to post about a subject you claim to have no interest in.

Be proud of the fact you support another nation in the world cup? I really cannot grasp the mind set of people like you.

Maybe what you should be proud of the fact that products of the British speedway system, such as Harris, Kennett and Stead, who all came through the Conference League and the Premier League, beat 'YOUR riders' last night.

Steve Hone.

So you will only support the best riders, i.e Harris, and not the guys that are trying their hearts out for Team GB but lack that final peice of the jigsaw that will make them a great rider?

Just because they are not the "creme de la creme", you would rather support another nation? That stinks IMO.

Yes you have the right to do so, but when Team GB is full of world class stars, which will happen eventually, I for one hope you don't show your face in the stadium they are racing at waving a Union Jack.

And if you think the Team GB side is "stale", just who would you put in? Because if it wasn't any of the current 5, you would be laughed off the forum.

Poor show.

your entitled to your opinion steve and i am sure you are a true patriot,personally my only loyalty is to my family,so forgive me if i back who i think will win,and cheer them on regardless of which nation that may be.

to be honest i am grateful for all the flag wavers,as they enable me to get a better price.

if the days comes when team gb are the worlds best,i will back them and cheer them on,and i'll do so without a shread of embarrassment.

finally i asume you think when gb do win the world cup,the meeting will be held on the coast as for steve hone to be waving the union jack he would have to be at sea,surely a patriot like you knows that on land its the union flag.

have a nice day xx

No it’s about not taking things too seriously and having a larf!

If you want to talk about opinions take up politics

In which case why are people getting so het up about which nation someone's supporting or which avatar they are sporting?

Afraid the days of having a laugh seem long gone on this forum.

In which case why are people getting so het up about which nation someone's supporting or which avatar they are sporting? 

Afraid the days of having a laugh seem long gone on this forum.

Agree sadly!

Dont like yours though!

was it done for effect! :wink: