British Speedway Forum

Ok sorry Iris i didnt know you meant about the other thread, my bad !

Rob sorry i have to disagree,if there hadnt been deep ruts he wouldn't have crashed. In the interview his mechanic almost said the track was a disgrace but held back from it. Theres plenty of people on here doing that now anyway. Now people will say ' his bike is set up too stiff ' because they heard Billy and Sam say it, but the fact is that track played a MASSIVE part in his crash. I just cant abide watching speedway trying to be played out on tracks that have no right to be called race tracks.

Spot on!

I don't know if any of you out there will know this. But apparently, Rune Holta is a Norweigan riding on a Polish licence.

I think Tony Millard may have mentioned it..............................................!

:o:lol:

Boring, boring, boring!

I've just fast forwarded through most of that on the Sky+, otherwise I might have fallen asleep!

Absolutely chuffed to pieces to see Nicki win with full points again - big congrats to my favourite hothead Dane  :P  :approve:  :D

Your lucky Lea, i had to sit down and enjure two bloody hours of it!.

Yawn, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yeah, but how boring's Nicki now he's a gating tart :unsure:

Can't blame him...but it's no fun is it ? And you can't counter it by saying we're having less injuries in the sport now :P

I was in Prague yesterday and the conditions were the same for all riders, so we must say that nobody was as good as Pedersen, whats wrong with the other strong riders? Adams, Hancock, Andersen ? I think only Crump had given a good presentation, in fact of his broken kneecap he could not managed to go in to the final but I think he was the only rider who could have beaten Pedersen last night if he was not injured.

The only reply i can give to the above posts is

Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring Boring :(

What a Poor advert for Speedway !!!!

No the track didn't cause Jonsson to break his shoulder. It had a small part in it but did you see any other riders crash last night? The reason Josson crashed was partly because of the track but mainly due to his bike setup and his shoulder not being strong enough to control the bike. Thats 3 big crashes he's had similar to that this year.

I agree with some of what you are saying Rob....... such as should Andreas have been riding in the first place?

but......... imo yes the track did cause it......... andreas is a dying breed of rider where he is looking for the dirt, looking to blast around the outside and isnt scared of hanging off the bike to do it............... this is the kind of speedway we want to see isnt it??

The track clearly rutted after 4 heats and became more dangerous as the event went on... which could clearly be seen clearly with AJ's and Greg's incidents........ and the majority of the riders looked like they were walking on eggshells for the whole of 3 and 4...... this clearly should not be happening

For me this track sums up well the problem that is at the highest level of the sport (and the most visible in the media!) ....... we are slowly losing the Loram's, Gollob's and Jonsson's because of the trend for slick tracks...... I still struggle to see why a slick track is preferred when the world is watching and the sport needs fans and money

Yeah, but how boring's Nicki now he's a gating tart  :unsure:

Can't blame him...but it's no fun is it ? And you can't counter it by saying we're having less injuries in the sport now  :P

Sure is a gater. But also a racer. You should have seen the humdingers he and Hans Andersen dished out on tuesday in Stockholm. Pure adrenaline white-knuckle rides!

Sure is a gater. But also a racer. You should have seen the humdingers he and Hans Andersen dished out on tuesday in Stockholm. Pure adrenaline white-knuckle rides!

And hopefully it will be the same on friday when they meet :D

I don't know if any of you out there will know this. But apparently, Rune Holta is a Norweigan riding on a Polish licence.

I think Tony Millard may have mentioned it..............................................!

Five times Norwegian champion too apparently :D

Must have a 'disappointment' drinking game for the next GP. I'll be trollied by heat 8 :lol:

this isnt really a new thing he has been riding with polish license for a few years now. He also rode for Poland in SWC 2 years ago.

this isnt really a new thing he has been riding with polish license for a few years now. He also rode for Poland in SWC 2 years ago.

Can't stop laughing... :D You just out of bed Ghostie? ;)

I got home from playing cricket just as they were making the draw for the semi finals and was still bored out of my brain before the finish last night! :blink:

After the thrills of Cardiff, what an appalling advert for our sport this was. Prague was right at the top of my list for an overseas weekend in 2008. Not any more. :(

Edited by Seb the Snail

I got home from playing cricket just as they were making the draw for the semi finals and was still bored out of my brain before the finish last night!  :blink:

After the thrills of Cardiff, what an appalling advert for our sport this was. Prague was right at the top of my list for an overseas weekend in 2008. Not any more.  :(

If i was looking to go to a GP next year Seb it would have to be Leszno. Wide,a bit of banking and a track you can race side by side on.

So much riding

So little racing.

So much talking

So little commentating. *

Such close scoring

Must ask, why so boring?

* Once again Maddening Millward meandered meaninglessly on. Repetition reigned. Exactly how many knees has Jason Crump broken? With how many upset stomachs was Scott Nicholls afflicted?

Answers on a pocket calculator to Sky Sports. Time to fire him. Time to fire him. Time to fire him.