British Speedway Forum
Mad Mitch

World Cup - Vojens Sat 14 July

If the track is prepared by or on Olsens instructions and the raceing turns out like that procession we all witnessed last night,then we,(the fans) need to use our feet to show our dissaproval,by that i dont mean stay away,i mean we need to all walk onto the track and demand they redo it so that we can get what we pay for aka RACEING.

It pi**ed down throught the recent televised B /ham v,s Sheffield PL match,but the raceing was better than last night.

Olsen should retire now before he retires speedway :mad:

To be honest i think most of the Danish fans enjoyed it.Those around me anyway.Particularly everytime a Dane beat Gollob for some reason.In fact i enjoyed the meeting as well.Guess it is different being there,meeting people,watching the Danes trounce the rest :D

Good to meet up with KevH,Joanne,Mr Snackette,Peter S +Udo(though Udo is only a member of the live updates).Didn't manage to find garf,TwoMinuteWarning or Lis though

To be honest i think most of the Danish fans enjoyed it.Those around me anyway.Particularly everytime a Dane beat Gollob for some reason.In fact i enjoyed the meeting as well.Guess it is different being there,meeting people,watching the Danes trounce the rest :D

Good to meet up with KevH,Joanne,Mr Snackette,Peter S +Udo(though Udo is only a member of the live updates).Didn't manage to find garf,TwoMinuteWarning or Lis though

MrS went to DENMARK :o:o:lol:

But as Olsen is in charge of track prep for this series, I guess we can expect the same from him tomorrow at Coventry.

So this is what is needed to be done. Refuse him entry to the stadium, or if he is there and goes for a leak, lock the bloody door for a few hours so he can't do the same as last night.

Best suggestion you have ever made Steve, let's hope everyone who will be in the stadium early tomorrow are made aware of it :approve:

Edited by Star Lady

Still, the roadshow moves to Poland shortly and you suspect Mr Olsen's desires regarding track condition will be of secondary importance there.

To be honest i think most of the Danish fans enjoyed it.

Don't take a whole lot of pleasing then do they!.

The British GP was a fantastic advert for Speedway,

this was bordering on very boring, on a track set up

for the Danes!.

Awful and boring speedway last night hope this doesnt continue for the other rounds.

what an appalling meeting :blink:

surely FIM have got to look at hpow they are preparing for these events

no air fence? track that can't produce racing?

it saddened me to see rides such as adams, crump & gollob some of the best passers in the business struggling, the track should be fair...this is a world cup for ************** :blink: sake!

let's hope "no passing ole" doesnt ruin coventry & leszno

wonder if hans will critise the track in nest week's star?

I couldn't watch the meeting on Sky in "real time" as I had to be at Rye House, but once I got home settled down ready to enjoy what I hoped would be a good battle. The dull-fest that ensued meant that at the point at which Tatum or Millard informed us with masochistic glee that there were "another ten heats still to come" I decided that, "not on my telly there wasn't!" and turned off!

well ive just sky+'d it, absolutely awful crap. Awful production as well, so disjointed ... to be fair to millard and tatum it must have been really hard filling some of those awful gaps.

And thats another car im going to refuse to buy because of the advert, the list is getting longer the other one is the zafira advertised by those stupid kids pretending to be adults rubbishe acting rubbishe advert and rubbishe car :)

yes speedway does shoot it's self in the foot sometimes,what kind of track was that Mr olsen,was making my blood boil watching it last night! :angry::angry:

Well think everyone said it all but would like to say that when wc was at reading a mr olsen wouldn t let track staff on to track he said air fence needed cleaning then press had photo shoot and then if time they could do track which there wasn t, AND we all know who won that meeting

Still, the roadshow moves to Poland shortly and you suspect Mr Olsen's desires regarding track condition will be of secondary importance there.

So why should we allow it here? We have got a perfectly good trackman and staff at Coventry so why should Ole be allowed to stick his nose in? I agree with S.S. lock him up for the night somewhere and lose the key. :P

Had 24 hours to think about speedway after last nights farce in Denmark and i have decided thats it, from now on i am putting my money back in the football coffers.So it's goodbye to you all, hope things get better in the future for you, but i doubt it. :(

Probably the worst Speedway meeting of all time.

You had some of the worlds top riders, who basically couldn't race each other because of a pi** poor racing surface. it was so bad that I turned ober and watched a documentary on the World Rally Championship (much more entertainment).

It always happens when Olsen gets his own way.

I remember a comment from Mark Loram a few years back when one of the SWC rounds was held in the UK.

He said that the GB team had asked for plenty of dirt on the track, to make it a grippy racing surface.

When they turned up for the meeting it was a gaters paradise with little or no grip for anyone. When asked why this was the case, it was "Because that's what Ole wanted".

The only good thing is that the final is in Poland. Hopefully the Poles will make it to the final, and they will then ignore what Olsen wants, and prepare a speedway track that the riders can race on.