British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
nightrider

Young England V's Young Australia

I thought Ed wasn't going to ride coz of the SWC???? I'm sure I read that Stroppy Bridger is captain for GB and Troy for Aussie's. Any other news on who's riding???? Would like to see Jay Herne riding

Be Honest with you, Bridger would have been the

last person i would have given the Captaincy to!!.

Im pleased that Steve Boxall is riding for GB.

Be good to say thank you properly for his efforts for Poole recently.I would welcome him back here anytime.

Didnt get chance on Weds with the delays.

Be Honest with you, Bridger would have been the

last person i would have given the Captaincy to!!.

Too right, think D King should of got it...

Never understand why they put GB meeting on in week! Its not going to be on sky and like most speedway fans i work so why not put on a weekend when probably three time the amount of people turn up.....

P***ED OFF LEE lol :angry:

Cause its to fill a blank date in Pooles fixtures...but it looks to be a good meeting. Oz should win by a canter though surely?

Anyone yet know the lineups?

shows how good the meeting will be when they havent even let anyone know the Line-Up :blink:;)

i think i will give this meeting a miss :o

I'm sure the Open Junior meeting at Belle Vue the same night will be a conflicting meeting as many young riders will be participating in that meeting instead, such as Adam Roynon plus others. It would be good for some of the up and coming riders who haven't had a shot at Under 21's to participate in this meeting. There are a good few riders in the CL who I think would do very well to have the opportunity to ride in an International event such as this.

Some of the lads who have ridden in the Academy meetings at Poole have been superb this season.

BobC - who do you think would benefit from being in the GB team?

Would have to agree with this, he's a nice lad,

and, improving all the time!. Just my opinion of course!.

I would've thought Danny King would be an obvious choice. Bridger just isn't captain material, especially with his attitude problem that he seems to have. Would like to see Ben Barker ride as heard good things about him and seeing as though it's Britain would also like to see Scotland's Will Lawson take part

For me it'd have been a toss-up between him and Boxall, I wouldn't have wanted Bridger as my first choice anyway.

Line Ups are (in no particular order)

G Britain

Danny King

Lewis Bridger

Stevie Boxall

Adam Roynon

Ben Barker

Tai Woffinden

Ben Wilson

Australia

Troy Batchelor

Cam Woodward

Jay Herne

Robert Ksiezak

Jason Doyle

Cory Gathercole

Tom Hedley

Where did you get that from Rob? If it is the line-up think it looks pretty impressive in terms of up and coming riders.

The Young Guns meetings we've had at Poole in the best have always been IMO some of the most entertaining of the season. Looking forward to this one as something a bit different. :approve:

Where did you get that from Rob? If it is the line-up think it looks pretty impressive in terms of up and coming riders.

The Young Guns meetings we've had at Poole in the best have always been IMO some of the most entertaining of the season. Looking forward to this one as something a bit different.  :approve:

On the GB v Aussie thread I started on the Poole forum. Webmaster posted the line ups.

The junior meetings have always been good meetings but there's never a big crowd. As you say a bit different from watching the big guns slog it out

Thanks Rob - agree about the crowd sizes, but it's always been their loss I reckon.