British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
nightrider

Young England V's Young Australia

I cant believe the amount off rubbish you are all talking about Lewis Bridger he rode out of his skin all night, and after the meeting I got him two sign me a few photos and he informed me that he started on a new tuned gm engine he was testing for the first time from Neville Tatum, and he used it in his first two rides then he changed to his normal Poole bike, and from then onwards he was unbeaten, with winning the two hardest heats of the night heat 13, and heat 15 and rode really well to ride where he was riding in heat 15 to let the captain Danny king ride where he needed to be to keep troy behind him, and the boy is still only 17 years old and I think a lot of you have forgot that, you keep going on about tai woof only being 16 but Lewis is only a year older and if tai is holding a 5:35 average when he is 17 in the elite league then that’s fair enough but enough’s enough leave the boy alone please, and let him race his bike, and enjoy his speedway, you said he looks like he is always on the edge, the only time he was out of control is when he had trouble with new engine, and when Cameron Woodward couldn't stop after the race and went straight into the side of him, which caused them both to crash but being a good sportsman they both got up and made sure they were both ok, and had a laugh and a joke about it.

So you missed Bighead Bridger leaving his bike in the pit gate entrance because he got beaten, as the other riders were coming back into the pits and they had to take avoiding action. Or pulling a wheelie down the back straight going towards the third bend where Troy and his bike were still on the track? What about pulling wheelies on the victory lap of honor without a helmet on? Bet he would`nt think he was so clever if he had come off!! The boy believes his own publicity too much and it has gone to his head.

It's a shame that someone with such raw talent has got such a bad reputation already.

IMHO he needs an ex rider(not Norris or Barker though) to take him under his wing and point him in the right direction.

Totally agree. It's a very bad sign when a rider like Bridger gets booed on parade when representing his country. All these tantrums and showboating before a race have been noticed by the masses rather than a few and it's doing his image serious damage.

he was beaten in one heat and had a real strop. Stopping his bike and dismounting at the pit gate, blocking the entrance so the other riders scouldn't get back in the pits. What is it with this lad?

He has a real talent on abike, though very rough at the moment, but if doesn't calm down and channel his energy in the right direction he will become very unpopular in his latter career, which would be a travesty.

Did anyone else noticed that when all the riders were doing their practice starts after the parade, cry baby Bridger did about 2 or 3 laps at full speed, not giving a sh*t about the other lads

bridger already is unpopular amoungst fans and fellow riders....and thats saying something imo

Edited by halo

Guest Christophers Dad
bridger already is unpopular amoungst fans and fellow riders....and thats saying something imo

Christopher or myself have no problem at all with Lewis,in fact he has been very helpful with his encouragment and advise.

Why not get off his back,make your comments to his face or find someone else to pick on :approve::approve:

Edited by Christophers Dad

Well Done to the Brits, and nice to see young Tai turn out for GB, lets hope that this is a sign of things to come.

Well Done to the Brits, and nice to see young Tai turn out for GB, lets hope that this is a sign of things to come.

Funny how tai was jumped on on here. Yet Jay herne who is also riding in the conference league was riding for Oz......double standards :rolleyes:

Totally agree. It's a very bad sign when a rider like Bridger gets booed on parade when representing his country. All these tantrums and showboating before a race have been noticed by the masses rather than a few and it's doing his image serious damage.

he was beaten in one heat and had a real strop. Stopping his bike and dismounting at the pit gate, blocking the entrance so the other riders scouldn't get back in the pits. What is it with this lad?

He has a real talent on abike, though very rough at the moment, but if doesn't calm down and channel his energy in the right direction he will become very unpopular in his latter career, which would be a travesty.

He has no problem with fans anywhere else accept from Poole, and after speaking to Lewis, he informed me that he would of loved to ride for Poole this season or even next season, but the only thing holding him back to making his move to Poole is you petty little fans who haven’t got the bollox to tell him it to his face and instead you chat amongst your self’s like a load of old woman, I have on many times seen Lewis stay behind after a meeting just to help the junior riders and I no down at Eastbourne the junior riders all have Lewis Bridger Racing, on there race jackets as he sponsors them with money and oil every month, and I also know he also traveled all the way down to stoke for a conference league meeting just to mechanic for Jamie Pickard, who had been really struggling until Lewis set his machinery up and got him going to score a hat fall of points, helping stoke win the meeting, and on many other occasions he travels round with Rob Smith to help him and the other cl boys in the pits and no other elite league rider I no any way would do that so you tell me where the big headedness comes in, just leave the boy alone and grow up, and as I no it he has a lot of respect from other riders I have never heard any riders slag him off, a lot of riders look up to him for making the gamble that he took to jump straight into the elite league, and occasionally he does get in a strop and that’s only a good sign of determination, its far better than him coming in after a third place and settling for it, he try hard to get everything right as he did after winning his last 3 heats in fantastic style to win the meeting for Great Britain.

Any photos of this meeting please?

Edited by azhdy

Christopher or myself have no problem at all with Lewis,in fact he has been very helpful with his encouragment and advise.

Why not get off his back,make your comments to his face or find someone else to pick on  :approve:  :approve:

actually i have made those comments to his face..... some of you lot dont know half of what goes on behind the scenes ay....

Edited by halo

BobMarley69, its OK to defend LB and if you read my post I didn't attack him, i just said it was a shame he gets booed already in his career and its a travesty that he is becoming unpopular.

The Poole fans don't just boo him because he rides for Eastbourne. Davey Watt doesn't get booed and Woodward got a warm reception on Wedneaday. What Poole fans perhaps find poor is all this showboating before a race, not looking out for other riders when he is on the track, and his stroppy attitude. Perhaps its just youthful exhuberance but this energy needs to be channelled in the right direction for him to progress as well as all fans would like to see.

I for one hope he makes it to the top of the sport, but he is in desperate need of proper guidance, and he isn't getting it at the moment IMO.

just to mechanic for Jamie Pickard

I've seen him at Lynn mechanicing for a rider before .............