British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Stand Tall Team Gb

I am frankly staggered by the hysteria over last night's result.

We were expected to win comfortably and did win comfortably.

We were 1/4 to win for God's sake.

If we manage to finish anywhere other than 4th on Saturday then that may be cause for some celebration but we didn't beat any team of note last night and people appear to have taken leave of their senses and gone mad.

typical GB attitude i'm afraid.

seriously need to look at this result as, although good for confidence, it was against three teams that were poor and made to look better than they are, and also on a track very well known by the GB team.

Saturday will be a completely different meeting, and a 3rd place will be all GB can hope for at best.

maybe i'll be proved wrong, but i just can't understand the number of threads on here congratulating GB, they've done nothing yet other than have a practise meeting on their own track.

...and also on a track very well known by the GB team.

Whereas Team Wolves have never seen the place?!!

Although I agree it will, of course, be a very different story in the final.

Whereas Team Wolves have never seen the place?!!

Although I agree it will, of course, be a very different story in the final.

but a lot easier if you are riding a track week in week out.

If we can grab a bronze then that will be a job well done, and if Iversen and Bjerre dont perform quite so well then we may pinch a silver.

To be honest I think this may well be one of the most open finals for a while as all teams are somewhat dependant on some riders who could be hit and miss.

typical GB attitude i'm afraid.

Scuse me SH, you're one of us hahahahahaha, what exactly are GB fans meant to put on here then? Useless performance, I dunno why you even bother, give the trophy to the danes now???? Well that's the extreme but you get my drift!! :rolleyes:

but a lot easier if you are riding a track week in week out.

Yes and no. Of course they're in familiar surroundings, but the track was very different to that which they ride every week. I haven't seen it like that in the 2½ seasons that I've been going on a regular basis.

Well done to the GB boys. I thought Kennett and Nicholls were the best. Bomber was normal, Stead a little better and Rico moving at the start, hope he gets away with it in Poland!

Thought all five of the boys did very well tonight.

The two Coventry riders did what was expected of them, and Stead and Richardson both did their jobs. However special mention must go to Eddie Kennett who proved all the doubters wrong with some great riding to prove that Middlo got it spot on with his inclusion.

Easily the most inexperienced rider in the team but showed maturity beyong his years at times to get his points.

So straight through to the final and we are on our way to the World Cup Final at Leszno in Poland, avoiding that terrible runoff.

Well done to Middlo and the boys! :approve:

Yep, would have to agree with Steve here. All 5 boys rode Brilliantly!.

We go to the final in Great spirits, we now have nothing to lose, and

everything to gain. Lets put our best foot forward, everybody give it

200%, lets really give it a go, we have 5 riders who are more than capable

of pulling up the trees, theres nobody any of our riders can not beat, even

in Poland, everybody muck in and really get behind each other, and see

where it takes us!!. Go for it boys!!!!!. :)

Well done to the GB boys. I thought Kennett and Nicholls were the best. Bomber was normal, Stead a little better and Rico moving at the start, hope he gets away with it in Poland!

Not the first time you have noticed Richardson rolling at the start, is it?? :unsure:

He always rolls the starts...and usually gets away with it. Have seen it time and time again. The Starting Marshall moves them up to the line and as soon as he turns away to start the race, Richardson rolls back and then starts moving forward just before the tapes go up ! He'll get caught out one of these days, but he seems to have it off to a fine art. Tatum said last night that he got away with it, but basically, it's cheating!

But basically, riders have always cheated!

Not the first time you have noticed Richardson rolling at the start, is it??  :unsure:

He always rolls the starts...and usually gets away with it.  Have seen it time and time again. The Starting Marshall moves them up to the line and as soon as he turns away to start the race, Richardson rolls back and then starts moving forward just before the tapes go up ! He'll get caught out one of these days, but he seems to have it off to a fine art. Tatum said last night that he got away with it, but basically, it's cheating!

A little trick that Mr. Hamill mastered years ago, and something of a sore point with Miss. superguest. :lol:

Think Thurs will give us a taster on how Sat will go ..... If the Poles win convincingly like they did last time in Poland imagine they will be favourites with the Danes close 2nd in the betting.

I agree Team GB did well to qualify but with Sweden losing AJ and then Lindback the outcome was determined pretty easily and it was more a case of how early the team would confirm qualification.

Rider for rider Nicholls and Harris should do ok and Richardson has done well in Poland .. Kennett / Stead is where the opposition will look to pick up points but hopefully they can ride out of their skins as a medal would be a good achievment

Not the first time you have noticed Richardson rolling at the start, is it??  :unsure:

He always rolls the starts...and usually gets away with it.  Have seen it time and time again. The Starting Marshall moves them up to the line and as soon as he turns away to start the race, Richardson rolls back and then starts moving forward just before the tapes go up ! He'll get caught out one of these days, but he seems to have it off to a fine art. Tatum said last night that he got away with it, but basically, it's cheating!

Hes a gater, this is his big trick - he probably could do with thinking less about making the gate like Bomber and concentrate more on what he is gonna do on the 2nd bend - countless times last year Rico went too wide on that bend and was off or had to shut off.

A little trick that Mr. Hamill mastered years ago, and something of a sore point with Miss. superguest:lol:

Its the only way I can stop liking Billy. Its not good if we all start loving him now is it? :D

If we can grab a bronze then that will be a job well done

trees, get my drift