British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Matousek

Garry Stead Meeting, August 23rd

Was announced for august 23rd. Should be a good line up as most teams arent riding that night apparently. Would imagine a star studded line up for this meeting for a rider whos gave entertainment for years all around the country. :)

Where is it?

At a guess Sheffield.

Or poss Worky.

Hope it raises a rubbishload of cash for Garry :approve:

edit..beat me to it Matousek :P

Edited by Phil Silvers

At a guess Sheffield.

Or poss Worky.

Hope it raises a rubbishload of cash for Garry  :approve:

edit..beat me to it Matousek  :P

Yeah so do i. I rememeber him when he came to owlerton from bradford, took a while to get going, but then was a great racer there. Certainly gave some good races at sheffield in 96, and has in many teams over the years. :)

Yeah so do i. I rememeber him when he came to owlerton from bradford, took a while to get going, but then was a great racer there. Certainly gave some good races at sheffield in 96, and has in many teams over the years. :)

Announced last night 23rd August suubjest to approval of the BSPA, which I would imagine is a mere formality.

The meeting is to be called the Garry Stead Grand Prix, and will run on the same format as the Grand Prix, and riders are queueing up to take part, should be a fantastic line up.

Announced last night 23rd August suubjest to approval of the BSPA, which I would imagine is a mere formality.

The meeting is to be called the Garry Stead Grand Prix, and will run on the same  format as the Grand Prix, and riders are queueing up to take part, should be a fantastic line up.

Fantastic, I hope they make an absolute fortune :D

Erm have Sheffield got a airfence to hold this meeting ? :unsure:

Erm have Sheffield got a airfence to hold this meeting ?  :unsure:

no but it doesnt matter for this because its in support of a PL rider and they dont need air fences

Do you really have to spoil a thread dedicated to a seriously injured rider with your petty and pathetic arguements about the ELRC....there's already two threads dedicated to that subject. Surely you should have more respect?!!!! :mad:

I'll be doing my best to attend this meeting - Garry deserves all the support he can get! :approve:

Do you really have to spoil a thread dedicated to a seriously injured rider with your petty and pathetic arguements about the ELRC....there's already two threads dedicated to that subject.  Surely you should have more respect?!!!!  :mad:

I'll be doing my best to attend this meeting - Garry deserves all the support he can get!  :approve:

Yes he does and I am sure all fans are right behind this meeting.

hope it gets good riders and raises a mountain of money for a man who thorughly deserves every penny he recieves.

yeah im sure this will raise alot of money, should be a good meeting