British Speedway Forum

Guest Schumi
I think its something to do with the gate positions later in the meeting.

It is. Inside gates early on and outside as the dirt moves, so I believe.

Edit: Sube get out of my head. :D

Edited by Schumi

Do you have any knowhow of why blue is favoured?

as you watch meetings you see the dirt moves out and is an advantage to have the outside in the latter stages and the inside at the early stages, of course that is all well and good saying that but you have to gate to get there obviously.

Guest Schumi
Do you have any knowhow of why blue is favoured?

Go back a few posts. It was being answered as you typed. :)

It is. Inside gates early on and outside as the dirt moves, so I believe.

Edit: Sube get out of my head. :D

Is this a Leznow thing? I wouldnt say i agree it's a general speedway thing, although I do mainly watch GP's and a halndful of Elite League Meetings

Can't understand why Poland have replaced Balinski with Holta, Balinsky did quite well on Thursday.

A stupid decision IMHO but time will tell.. Anyway, the team's 80% Polish again :unsure:

Leaving tomorrow morning to spend the whole day in Leszno enjoying the atmosphere of SWC :D

I just did my own race by race points predictions and it looks like GB will be able to use the Joker very early on (is it actually possible to use it by heat 5?)

It looks to me like Denmark are very consistent and this may prove their downfall as I worked out a 1 point win for Denmark however this was without Poland or Australia using any Jokers or replacements but I did have them 6 points or more behind at certain stages so on that basis Poland would scrape home

However with 25 heats I will probably be wrong in at least 24 of them so who knows what will happen but I'd love to bet the outcome will be undecided going into the last race

Quelle surprise - the favoured blue helmet goes to Poland.

I'd like to have seen the draw. Sky should have filmed this and shown it before the meeting started to prove it's all above board.

Guest chris26

convenient that poland get the favoured helmet colour :P

and red was crap last night in race-off and guess what, gb have red :(

it's a joke. you almost get the impression that no-one wants Britain to win the World event :mad::cry::o

it's a joke. you almost get the impression that no-one wants Britain to win the World event :mad::cry::o

Your right chris look at the people in charge of team gb they keep putting middlo as team manager .

All together now.......

Come on Aussie come on, come on,

Come on Aussie come on.

(repeat ad nauseam) :wink:

My heart says GB, my head says Poland, only one other thing to say COME ON TEAM GB.

I'd like to have seen the draw.  Sky should have filmed this and shown it before the meeting started to prove it's all above board.

So does anyone know how the draw for gates is done? we see in the GP's that first through get the choice, if this is the case then I would of expected the Danes to go for Blue unless they know something we don't if they did and went for another gate and then it was our choice I'd like to think Middlo would of gone for Blue.

If it's a case of 1st Through gets Red etc.... then we should surely have Blue :rolleyes:

Come on TEAM GB