British Speedway Forum

Don't think there is much point garf.The sort of thing he is pointing out happens two or three times in most speedway meetings.Sometimes two or three times in a heat.That is speedway.Maybe Jirout wants all speedway bikes fitted with radar systems that cuts the throttle when they get too close to another rider? :blink:

Nicki took Walaseks line by coming across him. If GW kept the throttle on (as entitled to since he was leading) he would have been collected by NP and put into the fence. I suggest you watch it again, typical NP move by all accounts. You don't have to hit someone for it to be an unsportsmanlike move.

Nicki took Walaseks line by coming across him.  If GW kept the throttle on (as entitled to since he was leading) he would have been collected by NP and put into the fence.  I suggest you watch it again, typical NP move by all accounts.  You don't have to hit someone for it to be an unsportsmanlike move.

He lifted a bit in the corner and came across.Don't you see that sort of thing often when you go to a meeting?Or do you only see it when Nicki does it?Not sure what you expect from the sport or the riders.The same thing with Bomber and Balinski.Do we have lots of people here going on about how unfair that was?To me that was just a racing incident the same as Nickis

Nicki took Walaseks line by coming across him.  If GW kept the throttle on (as entitled to since he was leading) he would have been collected by NP and put into the fence.  I suggest you watch it again, typical NP move by all accounts.  You don't have to hit someone for it to be an unsportsmanlike move.

you could quite clearly see nicki lifted....

Iris

Nicki does it over and over again though....he sometimes makes up 2 places by causing carnage behind him.....You very rarely see Crump...Leigh or even Hans do that...You watch next GP......He done it to Jagus...but pity for Jagus he could not get out of the way

SS, I think it is correct for you to support Middlo but then to lay the blame on Nicholls Harris and Richardson is  not right.

Short of getting a bike out and riding it himself there wasn't really a lot more he could of done :wink:

Were the machine examiners Polish by any chance??

Dear oh dear you really are clutching at straws now :rolleyes: just be gracious in defeat!

Middlo (and i don't know the bloke so how can i dislike him Shazzybird) has had something like 7 years doing the job, maybe he came in with a 3 year plan or a 5 year plan or something, maybe even a 12 year plan, i don't know, but i'm sorry, i think we need changes.

we need fresh ideas as things seem to have gone very stale, and unfortunately last night proved it.

Steve Hone for Team GB Manager :approve:

also Shazzybird, you say i've upset Barney in some of my comments about Edward Kennett

Errrrrrrr not some Steve all of your comments regarding Ed, Ed is a lot younger than you at what age did you represent your country at this level when you were riding?

no pink cowboy hat, but seen the picture of him wearing fairy wings and holding his fairy wand.

if the cap (or shiny tiara) fits SB 

:lol:

Also am hoping here the SB is for Silver Bee not Shazzybird :unsure:

It's funny really how the picture's actually better than any you've ever taken

Think it was a light hearted comment which yep I jumped on as well really no need for the personal comment his photos are pretty good

Iris

Nicki does it over and over again though....he sometimes makes up 2 places by causing carnage behind him.....You very rarely see Crump...Leigh or even Hans do that...You watch next GP......

Yeah whatever :D

In fact,and my memory might not be as good as i think,but the one move i did think was cynical was from Hans i think in the last heat.Looked like he tried to sweep Gollob into the fence but was way too slow.Missed a fair bit of the meeting,but that was the one i saw. :unsure:

Naturally I couldn't do a better job of managing the national team than Neil Middleditch does.  However, my pseudo-angelic friend, I do not purport to be an international speedway team manager.  I assume Mr Middleditch does, otherwise why would he have accepted the job.

I believe Middleditch has been unable to guide successive groups of riders to any real success during his tenure as manager.  In fairness to the man perhaps you would [could] list on this thread full details, with dates, of the trophies or other honours the national team has won under his reign as team manager.

I await your reply with interest.

Ron.

Yeh, and you tell me what you would do to solve the imediate problem then!.

Await your reply with interest.

this was the best match for years, and when you saw it showed how poor overally uk racing is. Passing and re passing, brilliant! B)

Errrrrrrr not some Steve all of your comments regarding Ed, Ed is a lot younger than you at what age did you represent your country at this level when you were riding?

funny actually, when i have an argument that someone can't argue with they make a comment either about my riding or my photography :D

Sharron, Edward Kennett around big tracks was terrible, like i said, no good winning a meeting at Rye House and looking great if the next round is on a big Polish track.

he certainly seemed to be improving though so maybe there's something to build on, but to be honest, he should have left Rye House sooner than he did and gone to a bigger track to adapt his skills.

how many times did you actually see him at Rye House? once or twice? then how many times did you see him at a big track like Kings Lynn? ever?

if you are going to be a good international rider, for whatever country, you need to master the big Polish tracks ... for a start you know there will always be round of the world cup in Poland, and you know they will have 2 GP's every year.

don't get too many of them around a Rye House size track.

if people can't understand that, and Barney can't see that, then maybe he has the wrong advisors.

if you are going to be a good international rider, for whatever country, you need to master the big Polish tracks ... for a start you know there will always be round of the world cup in Poland, and you know they will have 2 GP's every year.

Well that's a definite! Take that one step further, are our comparatively small british tracks hindering our rider's international careers?

Well that's a definite!  Take that one step further, are our comparatively small british tracks hindering our rider's international careers?

Could it be more the attitude in British speedway rather than the tracks?The general ignoring what is happening in the outside world.Like Steve said,no competitors in the 80cc World Championships.We have only just started this year to enter riders in the Euro U19 competition.No team entered into the European Club Championship,where the clubs are often made up for that competition so we could send a Poole team made up of a few young brits who are contracted to the club for the day i guess.And so on........ :unsure:

Another thing that struck me was reading an interview with Stekkers.He was saying there was no point in having a test match against the Polish U21s in Denmark.Nothing would be learnt from beating them.The riders would learn far more from going to Poland and getting beaten there.That is an attitude not found in Britain i would say.What do they ever do with the youngsters?

Edited by iris123

Could it be more the attitude in British speedway rather than the tracks?The general ignoring what is happening in the outside world.Like Steve said,no competitors in the 80cc World Championships.We have only just started this year to enter riders in the Euro U19 competition.No team entered into the European Club Championship,where the clubs are often made up for that competition so we could send a Poole team made up of a few young brits who are contracted to the club for the day i guess.And so on........  :unsure:

Another thing that struck me was reading an interview with Stekkers.He was saying there was no point in having a test match against the Polish U21s in Denmark.Nothing would be learnt from beating them.The riders would learn far more from going to Poland and getting beaten there.That is an attitude not found in Britain i would say.What do they ever do with the youngsters?

Iris123, I believe that you have hit the nail on the head exactly. I do have a bit of an opinion on one of the guys in the GB team who doesn't seem to be going about things in the right way (in my opinion). The first time I realised that he had an attitude problem was a few years ago when an U15 team went to Germany, but he didn't go, reportedly because they weren't paying enough. This year at least he has moved to a larger ( if not slicker) track than he had been on previously, and then elects not to do the SGP qualifiers - I really don't understand that.

The British attitude was made very clear in the interviews in the press during the past week. All of the other teams were looking for a win. The interviews that I have seen with the GB boys suggested that they would be happy with a 'top 3' place. Were we beaten before we went ?

watch it Rusky, you'll have Shazzybird and Barney Kennett after you!

Yeh, and you tell me what you would do to solve the imediate problem then!.

Await your reply with interest.

I apologise if I'm boring anyone by repeating what I've already stated, but He of the Firmamental Multitude does not appear to understand what I meant when I input the following:

"I do not purport to be an international speedway team manager. I assume Mr Middleditch does" .............etc

Ron.

Edited by Ron Butler