British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gaj2003

British Under 15's Championship 2007

Good to see 'Little Soren' - that's Jason Garrity - competing in this meeting

He is a pleasure to watch at BV

The other week he came round the third/fourth bend and tied himself in knots in the process - tried to correct it - but fell off

I observed to my friend - 'Now he knows what made Peter Craven - Peter Craven'

Good luck to the rest of these lads riding in the championship

I was hoping there would be a meeting taking place either at Sheffield - BV as there has been in the past

I liken Jason to Kelly Moran, there is no doubt that the young guy is brilliant to watch, but he is not alone, young Sarg has been progressing nicely, and to win this meeting when it is first look at the track was a feather in his cap. James might not be as spectacular as Jason, but he is only the same age, and he is a very very intelligent rider , more of a thinker where as Jason do everything naturally, and probably cannot explain how he does it.

"Quite a good meeting but marred by a few nasty falls.

Fastest time of the British under 15 Championship.

Heat 3 in 47.4 won by Jason Garrity."

May be a stupid question and will probably be slated for this but is it a small track or was it only 3 laps. Sorry :oops:

"Quite a good meeting but marred by a few nasty falls.

Fastest time of the British under 15 Championship.

Heat 3 in 47.4 won by Jason Garrity."

May be a stupid question and will probably be slated for this but is it a small track or was it only 3 laps. Sorry  :oops:

Yes it is a small track, 165 metres and the races were over four laps.

Pictures are available to be viewed from Northside 23rd sept at

http://johnnmillerphotographer.co.uk/

Thanks for all the kind words about our little track hope you all enjoyed yourselves a few heated parents but just to be expected in the heat of the moment,

I missed a small part of meating was with ambulance, Graeme Sykes had hurt his pelvis did not think it was broken but was in a lot of pain i will let you know how he is when i get to know.

I liken Jason to Kelly Moran, there is no doubt that the young guy is brilliant to watch, but he is not alone, young Sarg has been progressing nicely, and to win this meeting when it is first look at the track was a feather in his cap. James might not be as spectacular as Jason, but he is only the same age, and he is a very very intelligent rider , more of a thinker where as Jason do everything naturally, and probably cannot explain how he does it.

We try to watch all the young riders when we can - either at BV or Sheffield

I have seen James Sarjeant ride in a previous junior championship and I was impressed by his performance

I got into the British Academy Under 15's Championship in previous seasons

But - for me - this season it has almost passed by unnoticed

Whenever I looked on here and in the Speedway Star for information - I was disappointed to find there was very little said about these young riders

They are the future of the sport and need all the encouragement they can get

What I want to see is a comprehensive list of fixtures - those already gone - with a list of those competing - and the results so far

I also want to see the up and coming fixtures - in the hope there is one local to Sheffield - BV - Scunthorpe -(though I think they've already had one at Scunny)

The lack of information - that should be ready at hand - doesn't help the supporters getting behind these young riders and supporting them properly

But good luck to them all - including Montana Jowett - who we see at BV on a monday night - there are quite a few who think I am joking when I say - 'the rider there is a girl'

They say - 'are you sure'

I say - 'well you can go and ask her if you like'

quite a lot of photo`s even a picture of TRAINER handing out the race jackets, some good action one`s aswell you can order them on line.

I see Pat you got stuck in the every sunday trafic jam its the mas exedus from the lakes and Blackpool.

quite a lot of photo`s even a picture of TRAINER handing out the race jackets, some good action one`s aswell you can order them on line.

I see Pat you got stuck in the every sunday trafic jam its the mas exedus from the lakes and Blackpool.

Thanks for posting the photo's really enjoyed looking at them.

Who was number 9 in this meeting looks like he had a good style?

No 9 was Kye Norton

Pardon my ignorance, but were the kids riding 500cc bikes.

Cheers Chopper

Yes, all were on 500, s there were however one or two 250 cc races.

Tony Mole did stress in the programme notes that we and BSPA must " concentrate on developing British talent by means of 80cc or 100cc powered machines and then progress to 250 cc engines before the riders are mounted on the 500 cc engines used in conventional speedway."

Yes, all were on 500, s there were however one or two 250 cc races.

Tony Mole did stress in the programme notes that we and  BSPA must " concentrate on developing British talent by means of 80cc or 100cc powered machines and then progress to 250 cc engines before the  riders are mounted on the 500 cc engines used in conventional speedway."

I think it is something that the BSPA have to look at, I know I was talking to Jonathon Chapman, who told me that that he was trying to buy some 80cc bikes for the Kings Lynn training sessions, and trying to ge the BSPA interested about putting some money in.

We could have Centre of Excellence at Sittingborne, Kings Lynn, Scunthorpe and Northside, where youngsters could hire bikes, this coutry needs to invest in the youth talent is there, but we need to back these youngsters.

No offence but hasn't this been tried years ago, we had centres of excellence at Sheffield and two other tracks which all had 125cc bikes provided for them, Louis Carr was in charge of it but it didn't last long.