British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

British Speedway Gp 2008

Anyone got any idea when next years event is going to take place? I started a new wedding video business last year and I am now getting inundated with bookings for 2008. Problem is I want to keep the British GP date free. Had a lady this moring wanting to book June 21st. Had to put her off at the mo, but don't want to lose a booking when the event isn't on that day.

Anyone got any idea when next years event is going to take place? I started a new wedding video business last year and I am now getting inundated with bookings for 2008. Problem is I want to keep the British GP date free. Had a lady this moring wanting to book June 21st. Had to put her off at the mo, but don't want to lose a booking when the event isn't on that day.

December 25th :P

i dont think the dates are set for next year and i think that dates wont be decided about until its decided where all GP should be held.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Somebody on the forum knows roughly when it is, but they won't say ;)

And it's not me either :D

Edited by Jay

Shovvy I will tell if you give me 50% cut :D

Somebody on the forum knows roughly when it is, but they won't say  ;)

And it's not me either  :D

But he said a date last year and got it wrong!!! :P:wink:

I think it was announced at the Play-offs last year.

Normally the whole calendar comes out about the same time as the nominations.. that was back end of the season last year, so I'm guessing them in charge know as much as us atm.

I think it was announced at the Play-offs last year.

No - it was announced at a Reading home meeting before the play-offs.

Edited by Silver Bee

Just book hotels on expedia for each weekend and then cancel the dates not neccesary ...... Should get them cheaper then

Could it be they are waiting to see which nations qualify for Euro 2008 to avoid clashing?

I always book the same hotel and they hold a booking and confirm the date when they know.

They phoned on Wednesday and we now have a booking for the 28th June 2008.

They phoned on Wednesday and we now have a booking for the 28th June 2008.

Does that mean they know the date of the GP and it's the 28th?? Or am I just reading that all wrong!?

Yes. Thats what they led me to believe, its on 28th, although obviously this has not been officially confirmed.

However, this is how it happened last year, and they were correct then!