British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rickmiller

German Gp Wildcard

was speaking with Tobi on Thursday night about the GP and the possibility of the Wild Card. He's not heard anything yet but one thing he DID say was that he'd be delighted if either he or Martin got it as they are good friends and Martin getting it would be almost as good as getting it himself! B)

Seems like Christian Hefenbrock has the wc.A couple of different sources at Abensberg over the past 2 days have heard this.One from someone speaking to Smoli,who confirmed Hefe has got it.Official announcement tomorrow though,so i believe :unsure:

edit:The reason being Christian is thought by the promoter to be a better draw-card as he comes from the main speedway area in Germany.The old East Germany

Edited by iris123

Received from the FIM today;

WILD CARD

Draw N° Riding N° Name FMN Country

tba 16 Christian Hefenbrock DMSB Germany

TRACK RESERVES

Draw N° Riding N° Name FMN Country

17 17 Martin Smolinski DMSB Germany

18 18 Tobias Kroner DMSB Germany

Good luck to Christian.

Obviously I would have loved it to be Martin as we would have been cheering on three Bees but it was obviously a purely a selfish reason.

So good luck Christian and here's hoping Lindack breaks a finger nail in his first ride, pulls out and Martin comes in!!! :D

Good luck to Christian.

So good luck Christian and here's hoping Lindack breaks a finger nail in his first ride, pulls out and Martin comes in!!! :D

Sounds good then Martin and Tobi get two rides each. Sorted! :D

I'm disappointed that Tobi didn't get the nod as wild card but good luck to Christian.

Better change my siggy then :cry::cry: , best of luck to Christian, however a big cheer for Tobi on parade methinks.

Good Luck to Christian, but I cant see a repeat of 83 here.

Good Luck to Christian :-)))

At least one person is happy about the decision :D

What a rubbish decision to give the wildcard to Hefenbrock. He got dropped mid-season, and has only just got a team again. He's only a reserve in the Elite League. Kroner has been the most improved rider in the Elite League this year IMO, and Smolinski has also had a decent year. Kroner should've been in.