Sign in to follow this  
bigend

David Nix Memorial Meeting At Scunthorpe

as anyone got the line up for this meeting

in aid of garry stead

Edited by bigend

hello any one there

Me!

I believe those lined up are: SIMON LAMBERT, LUKE BOWEN, ADAM ROYNON, JAMES BRUNDLE,

NATHAN IRWIN, JONATHAN BETHELL, MARTIN EMERSON, JAMES COCKLE, BENJI COMPTON**,

TERO AARNIO, DARREN MALLETT, MARK THOMPSON, KARL MASON, JONI KESKINEN, SHANE WALDRON and WAYNE DUNWORTH.

** Must be doubtful after crashing last night

I think an added attraction lined up is the "Men in Black" making an appearance too in some demo races.

Sunday sees the David Nix Memorial Trophy meeting run at the Scunthorpe Raceway. The meeting is usually run by David’s father, Pat, at Kings’ Lynn but the Norfolk Arena isn’t available so will switch to Scunthorpe for 2007. The individual meeting, which this year will raise funds for recently paralysed rider Garry Stead, is in memory of David Nix who tragically lost his life whilst riding for the Kings’ Lynn Conference League side in 2002.

Pat Nix has put together a strong field with Rye House Premier League pairing of Adam Roynon and Luke Bowen set to compete along with regular Conference League heat leaders Simon Lambert and Darren Mallett (Boston), Karl Mason (Weymouth) and Jonathan Bethell (Stoke). Three Scorpions’ riders, Byron Bekker, James Cockle and Scott Richardson, will take part and there will also be two Finnish riders who are due to travel to Britain to ride in the meeting. Tero Aarnio rode for Finland in the World Team Cup this year whilst Joni Keskinen was second in the Finish Under-21 Championship in 2006. One of the favourites in the field is likely to be Mark Thompson who has proven to be one of the most exciting visitors to the Scunthorpe Raceway whilst eager to defend his title is 2006 Champion Nathan Irwin.

Line-up (with two riders still to be confirmed):

Tero Aarnio (Finland)

Byron Bekker (Scunthorpe and Berwick)

Jonathan Bethell (Stoke)

Luke Bowen (Rye House – Premier League)

James Cockle (Scunthorpe and Sheffield)

Wayne Dunworth (Boston)

Martin Emerson (Cleveland)

Nathan Irwin (Weymouth)

Simon Lambert (Boston)

Darren Mallett (Boston)

Karl Mason (Weymouth)

Scott Richardson (Scunthorpe)

Adam Roynon (Rye House – Premier League)

Mark Thompson (Weymouth)

Also due to take part in some demonstration races will be 'The Men in Black" team who will be racing speedway machines from yesteryear. The meeting starts at 3pm. Admission prices are: Adults £9, Concessions £6, Ages 12-15 £4, Under-12s Free with paying adult.

Sunday sees the David Nix Memorial Trophy meeting run at the Scunthorpe Raceway.  The individual meeting, which this year will raise funds for recently paralysed rider Garry Stead, is in memory of David Nix who tragically lost his life whilst riding for the Kings’ Lynn Conference League side in 2002.

Pat Nix has put together a strong field

Can't believe it was 5 years ago he lost his life.-How time flies

What a fantastic gesture that the family are using the meeting to raise funds for Garry and keeping David's name alive in such a worthwhile way whilst still thinking for others.

No offence inteded to the Nix family but we cannot believe this meeting is at Scunthorpe. Should be at Kings Lynn which has by far the better race circuit and facilities.

Could Kings Lynn not offer a Sunday?????????

And 'The Men in Black' ........once you have seen them at Scunthorpe.........

Edited by whippy

I am not a KL supporter but still think the Norfolk Arena is the better place and I wasn't at that meeting.

Edited by whippy

I am not a KL supporter but still think the Norfolk Arena is the better place and I wasn't at that meeting.

Maybe, maybe not BUT as I understand it the Norfolk Arena simply didn't have a suitable available date especially as this weekend sees the re-staging of some big stockcar meeting or other that fell victim to the weather earlier in the year.

Having been team manager of the KL Conference League side on that fateful night, even given the change of venue for this year, I hope as many people as possible go along to witness what should be a fine meeting dedicated to a rider who paid the ultimate price in the course of entertaining us. I will never forget that night, nor indeed the honour of having known David personally.

And the fact that any monies raised from Sunday's meeting at what will hopefully be "sunny" Scunny will go to another rider who has given so much pleasure to so many over the years but is now confronted by huge challenges as he looks to the future would, I hope, provide even more incentive for supporters to attended.

I'm gutted that I personally won't be able to attend given the fact that I'll be at Oxford for our match against Plymouth

Edited by Bryn

Be good to see Tero Aarnio i here he is very good.

Has Byron signed for Berwick ?

Maybe, maybe not BUT as I understand it the Norfolk Arena simply didn't have a suitable available date especially as this weekend sees the re-staging of some big stockcar meeting or other that fell victim to the weather earlier in the year.

Having been team manager of the KL Conference League side on that fateful night, even given the change of venue for this year, I hope as many people as possible go along to witness what should be a fine meeting dedicated to a rider who paid the ultimate price in the course of entertaining us. I will never forget that night, nor indeed the honour of having known David personally.

And the fact that any monies raised from Sunday's meeting at what will hopefully be "sunny" Scunny will go to another rider who has given so much pleasure to so many over the years but is now confronted by huge challenges as he looks to the future would, I hope, provide even more incentive for supporters to attended.

I'm gutted that I personally won't be able to attend given the fact that I'll be at Oxford for our match against Plymouth

Having seen the line-up for this meeting means that I will DEFINITELY not go to Mildenhall now, but will visit Scunthorpe again for the umpteenth time this season.

Like you, I hope the public turn up in large numbers to support such a worthy cause. It just doesn't seem that long ago that we were both at the Norfolk Arena on that fateful night, but it's wonderful to think his memory is bringing so much good to various charities.

Have a good one at Cowley.

Mike