British Speedway Forum
Steve Turner

Final Gp, From Germany

Well done aj, picked up a a few quid on that one as i got him at 25/1. Now get back to Cov for next year on that nice false average 8.35...................... :approve:

Utter garbage. What chance of new fans coming into the sport? Anyone flicking through channels last night will have thought what a sad, sad sport speedway is. Nice venue but lots of empty seats on TV, looked like amateur hour.

The occasion of a tie in the overall standings IS covered in the FIM rules which can be accessed on-line from:-

http://www.fim.ch/EN/rules/Sportifs/ccpGP/2007/077_en.pdf

-----------------------------------------------------

The Final Overall Grand Prix Classification

In case of riders involved in a tie on the Final Overall Grand Prix Classification,

at the end of the Grand Prix Series, the following will apply :

1. Run-off for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.

2. Run-off for 8th place, which is the last qualifying place for the following

year's Grand Prix Series.

3. For all other placings, the lowest riding number jacket will be considered the

better-placed rider.

------------------------------------------------------

Although it does not state a 'Gate' choice method I feel the ballot is/was the fairest way.

ATB

Dave

Although it does not state a 'Gate' choice method I feel the ballot is/was the fairest way.

ATB

Dave

Wonder what the rules state though if a rider is missing or injured during the meeting?Would have been a bit unfair if say Hampel was also on the same points or if Holta,etc had been injured during the meeting but still tied on points :unsure:

Did the 'Start Girls' enjoy the meeting ?.

I guess a picture tells a thousand words. This is hilarious and quite telling. Was 'White' texting the speedway updates forum?.

Says it all

Agree that track was total garbage & ruined what should have been a special night for the GP series.If this track is back next year i can see alot of fansgiving it the wide berth on that showing.Did i hear right that IMG will be putting up $200,000 next year. :unsure: Forgive my ignorance but does that mean there'll be 100 GP's :P:D

Real rubbish track - no real overtaking possibilities (other than rider mistakes or, riders being thrown off line). These major spectacles are becoming an embarassment - what should be a golden opportunity to promote the sport is being wasted indeed, the processional nature of the event is actually counter productive. You have a bunch of talented riders/racers and what do they get to race on - may as well have been a railway line. Was Ole Olsen involved? :P

Anyway, there should be less GPs not more - rant over.

100,000 Congratulations to AJ

Yeah the track ruined what could have been an excellent GP, it's a pity they shot themselves in the foot with all the hype.

We've had some excellent GP's this year, pity the last one couldn't have been one of them

I thought they made far too much of the $100,000 dollars last night. Personally I was no more than mildly interested in the amount of money that the winner of the meeting won, yet all they kept on about all evening was this $100,00- dollars.

Great for the riders to try and win. From a fan's perspective - who gives a stuff.

Would much rather they used the money towards getting a half decent track rather than one that tried to kill Hans Andersen.

Were my ears deceiving me, or did Keith Huewen say near the end that it was one of the greatest sporting occaions of all time? And did they keep saying that the half empty stadium was a "packed house"?

A very strange meeting for me, with a very flat atmosphere as far as the TV was concerned.

I hoped to see Leigh Adams finish off with a win, but he fluffed it by trying to anticipate the start. Can't blame him, though, with the amount of passing the track produced. Worth a shot.

Scott Nicholls definitely should have been excluded in the run-off, but to say he did it deliberately would surely be wrong because, under normal circumstances, bringing someone off deliberately would get you excluded. He was lucky to get away with it.

A bit dull really. I alternated between speedway and rugby, and rugby won the day most of the times. And I don't even follow rugby.

A terrible meeting, by the halfway stage it had been a gaters only please track and wasnt much better in the second half.

Was this the Worst ever meeting in GP history ?

What an awful track, if it hadn,t been for the money this was the most boring GP yet. When are they going to get rid of Ole Olsen as race director and his substandard tracks. Always you get the same story a completely different track from practice to the actual meeting. Always slick as a board, why dosn,t he just lay Tarmack.

Why do we get a meaningless GP at Cardiff, always in June and one that desides nothing. Surely with the biggest crowd we shoud get one near the end , or if they have another big money one , get that. Also we only get one GP meeting whereas Poland gets at least two, if not three.

Do we really need more Gp meetings overall next year, I think 6 meetings would be adequate to decide the World Champion,it looses a lot of its interest when there are so many.

The Gp,s don,t do the Speedway in this country any favours, it wouldn,t bother me if there were no Gp riders in our leagues, gets rid of all those guests, and dubious sick notes . Most of them are gate and go merchants, with better equipment than the rest of the team. you would get far better balanced teams, with riders regularly turning out for their teams and not missing meetings. How Eastbourne fans put up with it I dont know.

Was this the Worst ever meeting in GP history ?

Did you miss this years Czech GP?

Edited by SCB

Ok all you photographers out there I need a decent photo and I mean decent if possible please (weird request this one but what do you expect from me?) The tractors they used on the track last night were CLAAS if possible has anyone taken a photo of one of them at some point grading the track?