British Speedway Forum
Blazeaway

Leszno Gp May 10th 2008

Interesting leathers AJ has on in those pics :blink:

Theyre awesome!

If you're watching this on Sky Sports can you please tell me the name of the music track that sky use when showing the replays of the heats.

They have used it for a while now but it's bugging me - what is it!!!?

Two GPs and the Brits still haven't managed to win a heat.

think hans has done well tonight considering he's carrying that shoulder injury.

Think ref was probably right to exclude Crump but how can he award the race, has there been a rule change thought you couldn't award FIM races?

I was thinking much the same - I thought 'awarded races' didn't exist in the FIM rulebook.

Well, well, well another controversial decision. Jason kept on line and Pederson cut in. Jason should definitely not have been excluded. It's a joke.

well done to leigh adams, derserved to win that one. :D

felt a bit sorry for hampel though, wonder when he's going to win one :unsure:

just love nicki's sign language!! :lol:

Edited by lisa-colette

Guest chris26

referee's aren't allowed to award races in fim events such as the grand prix or world cup..... obviously, this referee has other ideas :blink::lol:

From the FIM Track Racing rules:

070.10.13 Foul or dangerous riding

The Referee shall immediately disqualify any rider/sidecar team whom he considers indulges in foul, unfair or dangerous riding.

There shall be no protest or appeal against a Referee's decision to declare a heat completed or as to his statement of foul, unfair or dangerous riding.

If, in the opinion of the Referee, such conduct produces an advantage to the rider/sidecar team (or team) involved or affects the chances of one or more riders/sidecar teams, the Referee may stop the heat and order a re-run.

If a Referee declares the heat over after one or more riders/sidecar teams have crossed the finish line, it shall not be re-run.

If any rider/sidecar team is unable to cross the finish line as a result of foul, unfair or dangerous riding on the part of another rider/sidecar team who, in consequence, has been disqualified, the disadvantaged rider/sidecar team shall be deemed to have finished the heat in the placing held immediately before the foul, unfair or dangerous riding and allowing for any advancement in placing following the disqualification of the guilty rider/sidecar team.

A similar system shall apply for a rider/sidecar team who, in the opinion of the Referee, has deliberately laid down his machine or has left the course in the interest of safety.

If I read it correctly, the referee was spot on!

Good GP tonight, and I must say I'm continuely impressed by Niels-Kristian Iversen in the series so far. I didn't think he would make it, but he has been really good in Krsko and Leszno. Hoped for Hampel to win it, but congrats to Leigh Adams!

"Pedersen clearly ran into Crump". - Sam Ermolenko yet again talking bollox.

Please please can Sky get rid of this complete & utter tosser. :angry:

I watched this meeting from Heat 13 onwards and the racing wasn't upto much imo.

Yup decent GP, but I get so frustrated that after every 4 heats they water and grade all the joy out of the track.

Just as a dirt line develops they obliterate it.

I know it is for the sponsors but it has a really negative impact on the racing

Good GP, overjoyed Adams won.

Pedersen should have been excluded, he realised Crump was coming past (you see him look over) and turned left on the Aussie.